Thursday, September 10, 2009

Giving this another go...

OK I know it's kinda late in the year...well really late for a New Year's resolutions, but this year I really really wanted to start a blog and never seemed to have the time until now. I belong to an awesome crafting and selling community which is Etsy and I venture into the forums every once in awhile and noticed that a lot of fellow crafters have blogs and seem to have a lot of fun with them. Well I feel left out and wanted to give this a try too and see if I really like it myself...lol. So I'm going to try and give Blogging another go.

I had a blog before and I hardly ever had time to give it the attention I really wanted. With 3 kids, all being boys might I add....lol, trying to run a business and managing to keep my house clean, I found it very hard to keep a blog or even keep in contact with my friends for that matter. But the boys are older and now that school started again with my middle one going a full day in the first grade this year and my oldest in the 2nd grade, I seemed to have a lot more time to myself. Well I still have my youngest which is 2 at home, but with his brothers gone all day, everything is much more calm and no rough housing and fights to break up. Plus my hubby works nights now, so he is home during the day to help me out!!  ;D~

And just recently I decided to make my life even a little more easier by consolidating all my creations into one Etsy shop! Beleive or not, I had 3 Etsy shops, yes 3! I know I was crazy...am crazy...lol. Well I had a good reason or so I thought. I've been in business on Etsy since June of 2007 and started just listing my handmade jewelry. Then I started making these cute beaded bookmarks and everyone just fell in love with them, so I decided to start selling those too. But, me having to be so organized and everything having to have a cohesive look I decided to open another shop to sell my beaded bookmarks. To make a long story short I ended up opening 3 shops in the end to sell different creations in each shop. Well it got to be too much work and so I decided to make things easier on me, and open up an entirely different shop with a new name to represent what I do and make and have all my creations in one place. I think it will be good in the long run, but I'm really going to miss all my wonderful comments and positive feedback left by my longtime customers.

I'm not sure what all I'm going to blog about, but I want to post at least once a day and I probably am going to just go with the flow and see where this takes me.

In the meantime if you happen to find and read my first post...please feel free to check out my SHOP: BrossARTaddiction on Etsy and support my handmade addiction...lol. ;D~  I create all kinds of things including; Jewelry, beaded bookmarks, zipper pulls, charms, cards, tags, magnets and more...  And please know the shop may be new but I'm certainly not new to selling. If you would like to see my feedback you can check out my Profile to the right of my shop page and I have listed all my former shops.

No comments: