Monday, April 5, 2010

A few more challenges I participated in this week...

I had so much fun participating in the last challenge that I decided to join in on a few more! For this one I actually joined in on 3 challenges at the same time from 3 different blogs and incorporated them into one fabulous card!

I absolutely loved the sketch from "Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge"...so this is the sketch that I used for my card:
I also wanted to play along with the "pink somethings" challenge from the "Stamp Something" blog as well as the "Ribbons and Bows" challenge from the "Stampin for the weekend" blog.

So in order to incorporate all 3 into one card I challenged myself to use the sketch, plus lots of pink and some ribbon and a bow. From the "Stampin for the Weekend" challenge they gave you the option in taking part in the extra recipe challenge which consisted of 3 papers, 3 embellishments and a charm...so I tried to include that too!

And here is what I was able to come up with:

I tried to fit the extra recipe challenge in but I couldn't find a charm to match the theme of the card after searching through all my charms I had. So I made a little paper charm with the "My Favorite Things" breast cancer awareness ribbon mini stamp that comes included with the whole stamp set and stuck it in the middle of my shimmer bow!





 I always have to dress the inside of my cards because they look so plain otherwise. I stamped the inside "We're in this together" from the same stamp set from MFT as well.

CARD FEATURES:

Stamps: "My Favorite Things" Think Pink set
Ink: Classic black pigment stamping ink from "ColorBox"
Embossing: Background paper embossed w/"Cuttlebug" and images and sentiments are stamp embossed with Iridescent Sparkle powder from "JoAnn Craft Essentials"
Markers: "Marvy" #30 rosewood, #47 pale pink and #66 dusty pink
Paper: Textured soft pink and patterned from "DCWV"
Embellishments: Paper flowers lightly spritzed with Vanilla Shimmer "Smooch Spritz", flowers are "Prima", pearl stickers on the dress from "Recollections", baby pink grosgrain ribbon w/white stitching, glitter sparkle ribbon, clear "Dew Drops" for the flower centers and border punched with "EK Success" fluor de lis punch 
Stitching: Creme beige thread
I also paper pieced the ladies stamp

Lots of inspiration to draw from working from the 3 chosen challenges! I had lots of fun! Now off to go submit my card and look at everyone else's lovely cards too!

3 comments:

Dot Scrap said...

what a beautiful card inside and out. Lovely image and i love the punched lace.
Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
Dorte aka dot-scrap

Di said...

Beautiful, love your embossing and i just love that border punch ! your colour combo is fab too!
Thanks for joining SFTW!
Hugs Di xxx

Nancy said...

This is so beautiful:O) Love the colours and pretty design, lovely image.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)