Saturday, April 24, 2010

Friday Sketcher's Challenge -Sketch 99

So this week on Friday Sketcher's they have a wonderful sketch from sketch host Carole. This sketch is meant to be used on a square sized card but I decided to go with another A2 size...I love to challenge myself to see how much I can fit into the very cute smaller sizes. Although I think I will definitely be keeping this sketch to try it on a square size in the future!

This year I wanted to start making more cards for the boys and men in our lives so I went with a Father's Day card for this challenge. I'm not too sure if I like the way it turned out but I can say I absolutely love the adorable digi stamp image that I got for FREE from Bugaboo Stamps! Be sure to check out her adorable site and her wonderful digi's!

Here is my card:
And here is the sketch:

 




                            Here is a close up:
















:Here is the inside













CARD DETAILS:
PAPERS: DCWV; mocha brown & forest green textured card stock, wood planks and octagon patterned paper. Plain white cardstock.
INK: ColorBox; creamy brown & moss green. BicMarkit markers; Tiki hut tan, kiwi lime & forest green.
IMAGE & SENTIMENTS: Digi stamp turtle from Bugaboo Stamps, "Love My Dad" my own computer text print out & inside sentiment "Happy Father's Day" from MSE.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Buttons, ribbon, hemp cord, metal fish charm & the adorable crocheted leaves are from a lovely fellow Etsier CraftMeCrazy...be sure to check out her shop, her crocheted embellishments make wonderful little additions to your cards and are so well made!
OTHER: Machine stitching inside and out.


5 comments:

tracy said...

such a fab card love your take on the sketch and the little frog is so sweet. hugs Tracy x

Deb said...

amazing card, love the sweet little charm!
hope you are having a fab weekend, hugs debx

Janneke said...

Great card ;0)
Love the image you used!
Thanks for joining us at FS this week.

Janneke X

Michele said...

Such a fabulous card. Love the colours you've used and the cute image also. Hugs Michele x

Jodie said...

LOL..very very cute! Love the eyes! great layout and colors!