Saturday, April 3, 2010

Getting inspired with my very first card sketch challenge!

I have really been wanting to start making cards again but I haven't felt inspired or motivated...plus I kinda got burned out around Christmas time...lol. Someone suggested to me I should join a class or a group to get my creative juices flowing. I've joined classes in the past and they aren't really my cup of tea not to mention they are pretty spendy and mainly meant for the purposes of beginners starting out. And I don't really know any crafty people around my area to join a group.

So yesterday I decided to browse the web and see if maybe I could find some type of online craft group when I happened along a wonderful blog that has a huge list of other blogs with online card making challenges! I was so excited to find these challenge blogs, because they were exactly what I was looking for to get motivated plus they looked like they could be lots of fun...maybe even addicting...lol. If you would like to know where to find the blog with the list you could go here: Crafty Cardmakers

There are so many to choose from and I kinda got overwhelmed trying to choose one to play along with! Since yesterday was Friday I decided to go with one that had started yesterday. The one I went with is called Friday Sketchers and every Friday they have a different card sketch designed by their talented design team members. And to my surprise they even have prizes you could win!! What more motivation could you need then to participate to try and win some great craft goodies...that also got my hubbies attention!! :D

So anyways onto the challenge...here is my card I made following the sketch that I will be submitting to the challenge:


 



My card features:
~A very cute cat from the "Purrfect Day" Penny Black stamp set that I handstamped & embossed with black ink
~Image has been colored in with Marvy markers; #30 rosewood & #47 pale pink
~The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from MSE "Birthday Sentiments" set & was also handstamped & embossed in black ink
~Image & sentiment have been lightly spritzed with "Vanilla shimmer" Smooch Spritz
~Stitching inside and out with a matching beige thread
~Textured and glitter card stock from DCWV
~Foil patterned card stock also from DCWV
~I paper pieced the balloon with the matching cardstock
~I left the inside black

This challenge was so much fun and gave me just the little bit of inspiration and motivation I so needed! I know I will be joining in on much more soon! Wish me luck! :D~

3 comments:

Janneke said...

Your card is fab Tracey ;0)I love the stamp you used!
Thanks for joining us at FS this week!

Janneke X

(We removed your wrong link on the widget)

Michele said...

Awwwww such an adorable card Tracey. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Ellen said...

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I took a look on yours and I found this fabulous card! Nice image and beautiful colors!

Hugs Ellen