Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cute little random card...

I wanted to share an adorable card I just recently made a for my best friends little girl. I missed her birthday, so I wanted to make her something extra special to make up for it. Along with the personalized card I made her a couple little bracelets to go along with it.

I didn't take pics of the bracelets before I sent them out, but I did remember to take a pic of the card! I keep reminding myself to take pictures of the things I create just in case I ever want to create them again. I often forget how I designed something and end up kicking myself in the foot when I try to duplicate it...lol.

So here is the cute little card...


I absolutely love the layout I used...although I'm not sure where I had seen it before? If anyone reads this and recognizes the layout, let me know so that I may give the creator of the layout/sketch proper credit due?

For this card I used an adorable digi stamp I got from Dustin Pike's freebies. This particular Digi Stamp freebie was offered to celebrate his "Blog-Iversary" in April! He is a wonderful artist and so generous to offer free digi stamps on his blog every Wednesday. Be sure to check it out and his amazing website too where you can buy all his stamp designs!


CARD DETAILS:
PAPERS: "DCWV" turquoise and light purple textured card stock, coordinating polka dots, pink wood and purple plaid patterned paper. Plain white cardstock.
INK: Edges sponged with turquoise "ColorBox" ink and image was colored in with "Prisma" pencils and a gamsol technique was used to blend.
IMAGE & SENTIMENTS: Digi stamp butterfly bear from "Dustin Pike" and Name was generated and printed from my computer.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Pink and purple "Prima" paper flowers, pink translucent Dew Drops and purple satin ribbon.
OTHER: Machine stitching inside and out and "Stickles" glitter glue for added sparkle!

No comments: