Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Spent The Weekend Relaxing...

I have been so busy with my Etsy shop this month with all the new listings and all the new things yet to be pictured and listed that I figured I owed myself some relaxation time. So I found some great digi's last week and I spent the weekend relaxing and coloring them in! I think my most favorite part to making cards is coloring in the images that I will be using on them, whether they are hand stamped or from digi's! But this part also takes the longest, specially since I have been using this new Gamsol technique I found out about.

Before using the Gamsol, I was using markers, watercolor, or regular colored pencils and I just was not getting the results I wanted. To achieve the nice soft blending effect on the images without having to do alot of work I found out all you need is some wax-based colored pencils, Gamsol which is a liquid blender and paper blending stumps. I use PrismaColor pencils because they come in lots of beautiful pigmented colors and lay down smooth, and for the Gamsol I use Mona Lisa. For the blending stumps you will also need something to sand them down so that you can use them with different colors. You can find all these items at Michaels!

And if you're not sure yourself on how to go about trying the technique, just google "Gamsol Technique" and you will find lots of tutorials to help you out. You can find videos on YouTube too if you're more a visual learner like I am!

Here are some of the images I had fun coloring in this weekend...


The adorable little fairy I colored in there is a digi stamp I purchase awhile back from Tiddly Inks. And the other ones are free digi stamps I found searching the net! There are lots of wonderful artists on the net that offer some of their digi's for free, you just have to find them! The ones pictured here are from; Dustin Pike, Sj's Little Musings and Bodil's Scrappeverden. Just be sure to leave them a nice thank you when you grab their free digi's! :D

1 comment:

Violets Corner said...

Love your colouring!

Hugs
Maarit