Tuesday, August 17, 2010

3 Challenges 1 Card!

For this adorable card I combined 3 challenges! I used the sketch from Mercy Tuesday #86 challenge, themes from Penny Black Saturday Challenge "Feeling Fruity" and "Buttons and Bows" from Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!


I just love how this card turned out! I wasn't too sure about the color combo I decided to go with at first but it came together nicely in the end! At first I didn't think I had any fruity Penny Black stamps but was delighted to find this adorable bowl of cherries stamp in my unmounted stamps! And as I got the card all planned out, I realized I didn't have any cute sentiment stamps to go along with the image. So I designed the cute little sentiment with my many fonts I have loaded on my computer!

Here is the Sketch from
Mercy Tuesday Sketch Challenge #86:

And here are some close ups:

And the inside:

CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Bright red, Sky blue and yellow textured cardstock and patterned paper from "DCWV" and plain white card stock.
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The adorable image is from "Penny Black". The sentiment is my own computer generated print out.
INK and COLOR: Black pigment ink from "Versamark", sky blue for edges and the image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out, image is paper pieced and 3-D mounted and "Stickles" glitter glue was added for sparkle.
EMBELLISHMENT: Red "Dew Drops", red satin ribbon, white string, yellow and red plastic buttons.

9 comments:

joey said...

Hi Tracey

this is beautiful! gorgeous design and details, thanks for joining us at pbsc

Joey.x

otomys said...

What a beautiful card, Tracey. Lovely colour combo and your colouring is superb.
Amelia x

Gemma said...

WOW! Great card, love everything about it, the image, the design papers, the colours you used, just WOW! Thanks for playing along @ Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hugs Gemma

kath said...

this is so sweet tracey and I love that cherry paper.....thanks for joining in the fruity fun this week at PBSC....hugs kath xxx

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card, Tracey! Love the colors and the wonderful patterned papers!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Buttons & Bows challenge!
Don't forget to check out our Design Team Call!!
Dee (Spryte)
Sprytebyrds Spot

Michele said...

Such an adorable card Tracey. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Lindsey said...

Hi Tracey,
I love this card and the gorgeous colour combo. It's adorable! The inside is beautiful too.
Linds x

Janneke said...

Great card ;o)
Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge this week!

Janneke Xo

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card tracey, pretty colours and sweet image.
luv
Debby