Thursday, August 19, 2010

Feeling a little witchy!

Yes I'm already in the mood for Halloween! I just love dressing up the kiddos and my littlest one is 3 1/2 this time around so I think he is going to really enjoy himself this year! I can't wait! So I figured I would start on my Halloween themed items starting with this adorable card!


I bought some adorable Halloween themed paper last year that I never got a chance to use...I've been waiting for the perfect sketch idea that would really show off the paper! So when I seen the sketch from Friday Sketchers this week, I just knew this was the perfect sketch that would show off the adorable paper! And I've just been waiting for the chance to use the adorable Halloween Digi freebie from Mo's Digital Pencil! I just love Mo's stamps, they are so very detailed and extremely cute too! And this one has stitching too! I feel the more I use stitching on my cards the better my stitches get and I get more familiar with my sewing machine too...it's not so scary anymore...lol!

Here is the sketch from Friday Sketchers Challenge #115:


Close ups:


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Black, purple and green textured card stock from "DCWV" and plain white and black card stock. Patterned "Trick or Treat" paper from "Provo Craft".
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The adorably detailed image is a free digi stamp available from "Mo's Digital Pencil Too". The sentiment "Happy Hauntings" is my own computer generated print out.
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out, image is paper pieced and 3-D mounted and "Stickles" glitter glue was added for sparkle.Part of the background was embossed with the "Spiderweb" embossing folder and Cuttlebug machine.
EMBELLISHMENT: Yellow "Dew Drops", Black satin ruffle ribbon and a yellow plastic button.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Absolutely stunning Tracey! Great colours and I love the image. Was it a freebie recently? The black stitching looks fabulous and your colouring is to die for!
Thanks for your lovely comments which have led me to your gorgeous blog!
Linds x

Tracey Brossart said...

Hello Lindsey! Thanks for the wonderful comments on my cards! And no this wasn't a recent freebie. She was giving this one away last year over at her SNR universe group as a 300 follower freebie. I'm so glad to have snagged it at the time, such an adorable image!! :D