Friday, August 13, 2010

Penny Black Saturday Challenge Week 113 w/A Spoon Full of Sugar's Challenge 116 - lets get sketchy Sketch!

So I have been away for awhile and it has been quit some time since I have actually posted something. I decided to take a break from crafting and Etsy for about a month because I was becoming a little burned out. But now I'm back and I oh so missed my delicious papers and beads! I went straight into my craft room and started out with some fun card challenges!

For this card I used the theme"On The Beach" from the Penny Black Saturday Challenge and the sketch from A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge!


I absolutely love using Penny Black stamps, they are so adorable and many are beautifully detailed! This particular beachy stamp was a delightful surprising find...I found it at a used store last year for only $2 and it was NEW never used!! I just love when I can find crafty bargains!

Here is the Sketch Challenge #29 from A Spoon Full of Sugar...


Here are some up close pics of the card...


And of course here is the inside...I keep telling myself I'm not going to do this anymore...lol...


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Sparkly yellow and turquoise blue cardstock from "Prima Marketing" Rock On collection, Decorative floral paper from "DCWV" and plain lilac and white cardstocks.
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: Image is from "Penny Black" -On The Beach and the sentiment "Fun in the Sun" is my own computer generated text print out.
INK and COLOR: Black ink from "Versamark" and the image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out, image and sentiment is paper pieced and 3-D mounted and "Stickles" glitter glue was added for sparkle.
EMBELLISHMENT: "Prima flowers" in turquoise, pink, purple and yellow, clear "Dew Drops" and white satin ruffle ribbon from "Whimsy Ribbon Shop" on Etsy.

2 comments:

kath said...

this is so sweet tracey..love your cute beach dude..thanks for joining in the beach fun at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh Tracey wonderful card and adorable image.
luv
Debby