Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gearing Up For Christmas Cards...Hopefully!

Yes I really really need to get on making my Christmas cards...lol! It will be Thanksgiving next week! Wow this year has flown by so fast!

I actually did sit down yesterday and took a little time to color in some recent digi freebies that I got from PollyCraft Designs! And these freebies were perfect and just in time for Christmas cards...yay!!

Here are 2 of them that I had fun coloring yesterday...


Aren't these so adorable?! I'm so pleased there are sites out there that most kindly share their beautiful digi work!

And I think I'm getting a little better at the Gamsol technique...who needs Copics when you have Gamsol...lol!

Here are a couple pics I took of the Gamsol technique process...


And here is Santa before I added the highlights to the belt, buttons and glove with my white opaque gel pen from Ink Essentials...


I'm going to fill in Santa's beard, his fur on his coat and the ground with my puffy snow pen! And of course he will be sparkled with Stickles!

And the cute penguins...


I used silver at first for the girl penguin thinking it would make it look more feminine...then thought penguins aren't silver...lol. So I went back over it with the black. And it still turned out pretty good..in the end it made her a little lighter. I'm thinking about adding some sparkle to the hearts with some stickles!

Now hopefully I get around to making the cards to add these adorable digi's to! I will of course share them on here when I do!

The colored pencils I use are from PrismaColor because the wax breaks down smoother in them when blended with the Gamsol.
For the Santa I used: Black, Crimson Red, Apple Green, Light Cerulean Blue, Canary Yellow, Silver, Gold, Light Peach and Parma Violet. 

The Winter Penguins: Black, Silver, Light Cerulean Blue and Pink.

ENJOY!

No comments: