Friday, December 31, 2010

Curtain Call Color Challenge: {Act #62} and a Sketch...

I was so excited that I finally got some time to sit down and create a card tonight! I used a beautiful fairy image from Mo Manning that I recently colored in. I already had the image and all I needed was some inspiration for a color palette and a sketch. So I used the awesome sketch from this week's Friday Sketchers challenge...or I should say last weeks, as the deadline ended for this one tonight. And for the colors I used the palette from this weeks Curtain Call challenge. This was my first time using a color challenge for my card which made it even more challenging...but I think it went perfect for the colors I chose to color in the image with!


Here's a closeup...


I'm really loving how the closeups are turning out with my old camera! I totally forgot that when I original started using it...I wasn't very advanced in my photography skills...lol.

And for the inside I used the same gorgeous DP and stamped a beautiful sentiment from "MSE" and embossed it with my new kaleidoscope embossing powder...so shimmery!!


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Mocha brown and white cardstock, DP is from "Me & My Big Ideas".
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The beautiful image is a digi stamp from "Mo's Digital Pencil" and the sentiment is from "MSE" (My Sentiments Exactly), handstamped and embossed w/Kaleidoscope powder from "Stampendous". The sentiment says: "The love in your heart wasn't put there to stay, love isn't love 'til it's' given away!"
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used. Moss Green pigment ink from "ColorBox" was used to stamp the sentiment.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Vintage lacy blue and white ribbon, aqua blue "Dew Drops", mocha brown Mulberry Paper roses and leaves from "Recollections", white and blue fabric flowers and a beautiful handmade cherry blossom chiffon flower with a sweet white faux pearl made by "ABespokeTouch" on Etsy.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with a metallic sandy color thread. Part of the background was embossed with the 'Victoria Lace' embossing folder and "Cuttlebug" machine. Stardust "Stickles" glitter was also added for to the image and flowers for sparkle!
 
Curtain Call Color Challenge: #62:
 
 
Friday Sketchers Challenge: #134


ENJOY!

9 comments:

Susan said...

Gorgeous card Tracey. Glad to see one of the images from your WOYWW post on a card! Did you make the pink flower?
Susan xxox
http://stamponme.blogspot.com/

Marion said...

Gorgeous card Tracy. It was a lovely sketch wasn't it. Love that colour scheme.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your kind comment.
Happy New Year to you and yours.
Marion

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Hello,
your card is wonderful and i like the colours.....
i wish you a happy new year.....

Hugs
Bella

Christina said...

What a sweet image! I love the cluster of flowers in the corner and all of the stitched edges. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call, and Happy New Year!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

such a wonderful detailed card...great coloring....wishing you much happiness in 2011!

enjoy *~*

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

What a beautiful card, your colouring is amazing!!

Happy New Year!

Ribbon Girl said...

Hi Tracy - what a fabulous card - love it!! Mary G

Nerina said...

What a beautiful card! I love the delicate way you've added sparkle to this - it really enhances the image and the mood so well and your colouring is *gorgeous*!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Tracey! Thanks so much for taking the time to say hi on my blog! I have no idea what Prisma colour pencils are ... or what the Gamsol technique is ... but ... you sure did a FAB job of colouring this image! Sensational softness! Hugs xxaxx