Monday, December 20, 2010

Finally Finished My Christmas Cards!!

I'm so proud of myself because I never thought I was going to finish in time...I finally finished my Christmas cards...the ones I send to friends and family!! If there is such a thing as chronic procrastination, I think I have it...lol! I sent them out on Friday and I think they will all make it to where they need to go on time or I should hope!

And I finally was able to use the gorgeous Martha Stewart bird stamps hubby got me last year for Christmas...So I decided to go with a natural Kraft theme for my cards. I have been into using Kraft cardstock lately because I really love the look of it!
 
 
I went with a simple layout for the cards not only to get them done quickly, but to also go along with the natural Kraft. I really shouldn't say simple...because the stitching I did around all the leaves took a bit and really turned out lovely I think.


I also think this is the first time I have used my Cuttlebug "Branches" embossing folder which matches the stamp nicely.


Some close ups of the stitching on the leaves and the sparkle embossing on the sentiment from Stampendous...


The adorable little Christmas hat is from a mini Studio G stamp set that I used my puffy snow pen on. And no card would be complete without a bit of Stickles and embellishments to add sparkle! The hemp cord also added a nice touch I too!


I didn't complete the inside on these ones as I usually do because I liked the look of the plain kraft, also when I do that shipping gets a bit pricey...lol.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

These cards are great! Love the stitching! Merry Christmas! Patsy from
HeARTworks