Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hubbie's Birthday!

So Christmas is always hectic but especially hectic when someone in your family has a birthday right around Christmas! My husband's birthday was on the 20th...yes 5 days til Christmas!! Sadly for him most of the time we barely have enough time to sit down to eat cake and ice cream, plus open a few presents...not to mention the wrapping of them when I'm still trying to get Christmas presents wrapped...lol.

Anyways, this year I had the boys make daddy a card which he really enjoyed, because I usually always forget to pick him up a card or never get a chance to make him one. I did make him a quick and adorable little tag to put on his gift bag though.


I used a stamp from the "Hap-Bee Birthday" stamp set from "Stampendous" and embossed it. I colored it in quickly with some Bic Mark-it markers...I just love those markers! And added some quick little stitching and matching ribbon. And of course sparkled it up with some Stickles!


And here are the boys cards they made for daddy...

Preston made this one, which was all his own idea! He seen the cloud patterned paper and then the monkey stamps and had the idea of making it look like the balloons are carrying the monkey away in the air...lol. Too too cute! And good thing I have a couple extra bottles of Stickles, because he went to town with that stuff...lol!


And Drake made this one...


No birthday is complete without the cake, although this one was not baked...it was store bought. And as you can tell from the writing I used the wrong type of icing...lol. In my haste I picked up the wrong icing, it was suppose to be the kind you can write with. So the cake was supposed to say "Happy Birthday Daddy!". Oh well it was still delicious...it was mint and chocolate, yummy!


Happy Holidays!!

No comments: