Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Merry Wishes Christmas Card!

As promised I'm back to share another Christmas card! I think this one is my favorite! I just love the adorable Dustin Pike image and you can't really see in the pic very well, but the candy cane is all sparkled out...looks so cute!! I used the sketch from last week's Mercy Tuesday challenge...yes it is late as always...lol. I loved the sketch because it was simple and leaves room for lots of embellishments!


Here are some closeups...my camera broke recently so I've been having to use my old one for pics and I think I kinda like how my old one takes closeups...


Mercy Tuesday Sketch Challenge #103


And here is the inside:


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Metallic gold and opaque red textured cardstock w/Kraft cardstock base and decorative Christmas themed paper from "DCWV".
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The adorable image is a digi stamp from "Dustin Pike" and the sentiment "Merry Wishes" is from "Stampendous", handstamped and embossed w/iridescent sparkle onto a spellbinders tag.
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used. The candy cane was 3-D paper pieced and"Stickles" glitter glue was added for sparkle.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Red satin ribbon and sparkly white organza ribbon, red dew drop gems and paper poinsettia flowers and leaves w/red brads.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with kraft color thread. The border was done with the "Dotted Scallops" border punch from "Fiskars". The "Dotted" embossing was done with the Cuttlebug embossing folder. The strip of Kraft was done with a paper crimper.

Enjoy!

No comments: