Thursday, December 2, 2010

Some Really Really Late Card Challenges!

Ok So I broked my laptop a couple weeks back and haven't been able to post things to my blog, let alone my shop. :(   Well I didn't really break it, but I did something to it and now it doesn't like to keep powered on. Anwyays, this means that hubs an I have been fighting over who gets to use the desktop computer...lol.

Well I worked on some card challenges a couple weeks back and am now getting around to sharing them!! I promised I was going to start working on Christmas cards...so here are a couple and hopefully there will many more to come!

Here is the fist one I made using sketch #129 from last weeks Friday Sketchers Challenge:
 
   
CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Shimmery Stucco cardstock, Light blue textured card stock and patterned paper from "DCWV" and Kraft card stock for the base.
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The aweseome image is a digi stamp from "Dustin Pike" as a freebie last year! The sentiment "Feliz Navidad" is my own computer generated text.
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with red thread, image is paper pieced and 3-D mounted and "Stickles" glitter glue was added for sparkle. I used a snow marker and heat gun for the snow. The background was embossed with the "snowflakes" embossing folder and Cuttlebug machine. The border was done with the "Dotted Wave" border punch from "EK Success".

Here are some closeups...this is the very first time I was brave enough to attempt machine stitching in the round and it turned out great!
 

The inside:


Friday Sketchers Sketch Challenge #129



And here is the second one I made using the sketch from A couple weeks ago on Stamptacular Sundays Challenge #85: 


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Metallic gold textured cardstock, Shimmery red, Shimmery green card stock and patterned paper from "DCWV" and Kraft card stock for the base.
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The adorably Santa image is a digi stamp from "PollyCraft Designs" called "Joyful Tidings". The sentiment was handstamped using black pigment ink then embossed with irredescent sparkle. The sentiment stamp is from "InkaDinkADo".
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with gold thread, image is paper pieced and 3-D mounted and "Stickles" glitter glue was added for sparkle. I used a bit of Tinsel glitter for Santa's coat and hat from "Martha Stewart". I used a snow marker and heat gun for the snow. The background was embossed with the "bricks" embossing folder and Cuttlebug machine. The border was done with the dotted scalloped border punch from "EK Success".
EMBELLISHMENT: Red satin ribbon and clear dew drops.

Here are some closeups:
 
 
And the inside:


Stamptacular Sunday Sketch Challenge #85


 Enjoy!

No comments: