Friday, January 28, 2011

By Lori Designs Color Challenge #2 and a Sketch!!

Good morning everyone! 
I've been super busy the last couple of days, I've got so many ideas for cards in the works and it fills like so little time! Sometimes I wish I had 2 of me...or better yet 3 or 4 of me...lol!
So Anyways...I'm just loving these adorable images from "By Lori Designs" and it's awesome that she has bi-weekly challenges to along with them too! 

I created this card for her 2nd color challenge!


Isn't that color palette just gorgeous?! I kinda like the way this turned out...but in the end I think I should have left out the "Stickles" and just left it all natural. I have a really bad addiction with "Stickles"...an addiction I just can't quit...lol! 
Here's a closeup and the inside...
CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Creme and mocha textured cardstock and design papers from "DCWV" along with plain kraft cardstock.
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The image is an adorable digi stamp from "ByLoriDesigns". The sentiment is a brass charm.
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with "PrismaColor" pencils and a gamsol technique was used to blend.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Creme satin ribbon, creme button, mocha brown Mulberry paper flowers from "Recollections", faux white pearls, and a stunning poppy red handmade flower from "ABespokeTouch" on Etsy.
TOOLS: Sewing machine, "Cricut Machine" with Storybook cartridge dies, scalloped border punch from "Fiskars" and "Cuttlebug" with dots embossing folder. 
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with sandy color thread. Stardust "Stickles" glitter was also added to the image  for even more sparkle!


This card draws inspiration from and will be entered into the following challenges:

#1.) By Lori Designs -#2 Color Challenge
#2.) Friday Sketchers -Sketch #139
#3.) Simon Says Stamp -Animal Antics
#4.) Creative Inspirations -Button and Bows

ENJOY!

8 comments:

Rach said...

a fantastic card. xx

Jorunn said...

Fabulous card and wonderful papers and colors! Thank you for joining us over at FSB!

Hugs,
Jorunn

NGCARDS said...

Lovely card hun! Thanks for joining in with our Challenge of Buttons & Bows this week over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful. I love how you have colored the ballerina mouse and added a little bit of bling to her.
Thanks for joining us this week at BLD.

Mona Evy said...

Lovely card! I Love that sweet image and your coloring is stunning! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog!

Mandy said...

Tracey your card is so beautiful, I love everything you've done and used.
Thanks for joining us for our "animal antics" challenge at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Stampin'Piper said...

WOW this card is so cute! Wonderful colors and a cute image! so lovely!

Thanks so much for joining us at Friday Sketchers and Creative Inspirations Wednesdays Challenge!

Hugs Tanja

Linda said...

Oh my goodness this is adorable! I love all the elements and how you used the colors. Thanks for joining us at BLD Color challenge this week.
Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com