Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Card For My Little One's 4th Birthday!

I've been busy for the past few days preparing for our sons birthday...we actually have 2 of them with birthdays this month! We celebrate them together because one is on the 22nd and one is on the 26th...I know 2 birthdays so close and so soon after Christmas...craziness!!

Anyways I made them some really cute quick little cards that I wanted to share today...I will be separating them into 2 different posts, because I will be entering them into different sketch challenges.

This one I made for our littlest one which just turned 4 on the 22nd! I used the sketch from "Sweet Sketch Wednesday" and the theme from "A Spoon Full Of Sugar".


He loves cute little anything so I thought this cute little bee stamp set from "Stampendous" was perfect for him! And I've been wanting to try out shape cards as I've been seeing them all over blogland lately...so these will be my first shape cards using Spellbinders dies! They are small, so adorable and just the perfect size for our boys!

Here's a closeup and the inside...


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Citrus yellow textured cardstock from "DCWV" and plain black and white cardstock for the base.
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The image image was handstamped and is from "Stampendous" along with the sentiment.
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with BicMarkit Markers.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Sunny yellow satin ribbon, green dew drops, cobalt blue faux rhinestones and a large blue button with green thread.
TOOLS: Sewing machine, "Spellbinders" with squares and square flower scalloped die. "Cuttlebug" with swirls embossing folder. 
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with white color thread. Stardust "Stickles" glitter was also added to the image  for even more sparkle! The sentiment was cut and 3D mounted.

Sweet Sketch Wednesday -Sketch #85

We celebrated their birthdays over the weekend at Chucky Cheese...here's a pic of our little one. And he was totally not coached to run up and hug him, but that's just what he did!! So cute...lol!


If you would like to check out the other card I made for our other birthday boy you can check out my 2nd post of the day!

ENJOY!

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

Awww, your little one with adore this and what a great job with this week's sketch! Love all of the stiching! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

mulberry station said...

Oh Tracey, this is the cutest card. I love all the stitching. It just adds the perfect finishing touch to your card. Your image is darling. It is really nice to have you join us again.
Nancy SSW-DT

The Stamper's Touch said...

Love, love, love your card!! Oh my goodness, I haven't used my Stampendous stamps in forever!!! Thanks for the inspiration and for joining us at SSW.

Linda

Kathie said...

Hi Tracey, your card is just so so cute, love your image and great colours. This is a really great take on Arlana's sketch.
Thanks so much for sharing and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-Design Team
xox

Genevieve said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the stitching & the wee gems. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

Genevieve.

Sharon Basel said...

Gosh Tracey this is fabulous! So bright and cheerful and full of wonderful details. Love the sentiment separate in four pieces like that - clever! Your stitching is a perfect finishing touch too. Thanks for joining us again at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT