Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Card For My Oldest One's Birthday!! He will be 9!!

This is my 2nd post today...scroll down if you would like to see my other one...

So I shared the cute little birthday card I made for our 4 year old...now I would like to share with you the card I made for our older one!! He will be 9 on the 26th! They sure do grow up fast don't they?!

For his card I used the fun and adorable sketch from "Friday Sketchers" and again the theme from "A Spoon Full Of Sugar Challenge". I just love the green and blue colors together!


As I said, I've been trying to make shape cards lately, so this is my first circle card. I think it turned out so adorable! I used the cute little dino stamp set from "My Favorite Things" along with the sweet matching sentiments for the front and inside!

Here's a closeup and the inside...


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Bright blue textured cardstock and Glittery green and yellow cardstock from "DCWV". Plain black and white cardstock for the base.
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The image image was handstamped and is from "My Favorite Things (MFT)" along with the inside and outside sentiments.
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Checkered green, blue, white and yellow satin ribbon, blue dew drop and a yellow button with black cotton thread.
TOOLS: Sewing machine, "Spellbinders" with circles, scalloped circles, long rectangles and long scalloped rectangles dies. "Cuttlebug" with bubbles embossing folder. 
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with white color thread. The image and sentiment was cut, paper pieced and 3D mounted.

Friday Sketchers -Sketch #138:

And he just had to get a pic with Chucky Cheese too...although he wasn't willing to run up and hug him like his little brother did...lol!


If you would like to see the other card I made for our other little birthday boy...it was my first post of the day!

ENJOY!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Awesome as always!!!!

Linda McClain said...

Oh my goodness Tracey. This card is just amazing. Love all the textures. Very cool!

Lindsey said...

Oh Tracey this is just beautiful!
I hope you little man has a great birthday!
Linds x

megastamper said...

wow how cute and so wonderful.
thank you so much for your entry to the friday sketchers challenge.
hugs, bea