Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Forever Young...Another Challenge!

A couple weeks ago I came across the most adorable digi stamps from "By Lori Designs" and then found out she would be having regular challenges too!! So I just had to get me some to play along in her very first challenge...a color challenge! Along with Lori's adorable color palette, I used a cute sketch from "Sweet Sketch Wednesday".


Isn't that the sweetest image?! I feel like I'm playing with paper dolls coloring in Lori's designs!

Here are some closeups...
I feel the sentiment suits her images perfectly! Since I was going for a more bright and cutesy theme I just had to add a huge cute button! And to soften it a bit I played with vellum...very first time I have used it on my cards!


The inside...


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Fuchsia potpourri and bright blue textured cardstock, white polka dot vellum and lime green glittery design paper all from "Best Occasions".
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The adorable image is a digi stamp from "By Lori Designs". The sentiment; "Forever Young" is from "MSE (My Sentiments Exactly)".
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used. The sentiment was handstamped with razzberry pigment ink from "Colorbox" and then embossed with kaleidoscope EP from "Stampendous".
EMBELLISHMENTS: Lime green satin ribbon, faux rhinestones, white and pink button and "Prima" paper flowers.
TOOLS: Sewing machine, "Spellbinders" with rectangles and scalloped rectangles dies, "Cuttlebug" with dots embossing folder and "Stampin Up" label punch.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with pink color thread. Stardust "Stickles" glitter was also added to the image  for even more sparkle! 
 
The Color Palette 
"By Lori Designs" Color Challenge #1:
 
 
The Layout
"Sweet Sketch Wednesday" Challenge -Sketch  #83:


 ENJOY!

5 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Super sweet colours ... super gorgeous design! Hugs xxaxx

Silvia said...

Super adorable, Tracey! Love the embossing and those flowers are very cute.The layout is awesome too! Thanks for joining us at BLD blog challenge.

hugs,

sherryann (aka Sherry Eckblad) said...

What a great card. I love all the extra embellishments you have added to it. Thanks for joining us this week for BLD.

Jayne said...

Lovely card Tracey, great use of the colours and Ella looks awesome. Thanks for joining us this week at BLD.

Kathy said...

What a darling card! LOVE all the layers. Your a very creative and talented gal! So happy to have found your blog!!