Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!!

I originally meant to post this at midnight, but I got distracted by watching the ball drop on tv and watching The Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block perform together!!...Instantly brought 6th grade memories flooding back...lol! Plus our neighbors were shooting off M80's, exciting but frightening! We also let the boys stay up last night to watch the countdown...their first time, which was exciting for them!

But anyways I was thinking...what a better way to start off the New Year of creating than with a New Year's card?! Mo just released the most adorable New Year's image the other day and I just had to have it!


Some close ups:
 
 
And I didn't do much with the inside on this one, but the simple look suits the card...


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Parchment kraft, steel blue, black, white and lime green cardstock, Black glitter cardstock is from "Best Ocassions".
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The adorable image is a digi stamp from "Mo's Digital Pencil".
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Lime green organza ribbon, champagne "Dew Drops", and a beautiful organza flower with a sweet white faux pearl made by "ABespokeTouch" on Etsy.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with a metallic sandy color thread. Stardust "Stickles" glitter was also added to the image and flower for even more sparkle!
 
I used the awesome sketch from: Mojo Monday #171


And this weeks color challenge sketch from: Color Q


The sketch was so much fun to use and I just might use it again and the colors from Color Q worked beautifully together!

Hope everyone had a fun and safe night and I wish everyone a Happy 2011!!

11 comments:

Melissa Cash said...

Your card is adorable and perfect for the New Years celebrations that we are all having! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind words about my Mojo Monday cards. Your jewelry looks fabulous and I am going to have to check out your etsy store for sure. Happy New Years to you!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

uuhhhh... this is super cute Tracey
love your idea you translated the Mojo sketch.. loving also this image and your coloring
happy new year
love Claudia

Queenie Jeannie said...

Super cute card! I love your image and delicate ribbon flower!!

Happy New Year!

Pysselfröken said...

Thanks for commenting in my blog.You have made a lovely Card! I love the sparkeling and the Bow.I wish I could make a Bow like that. Happy New Year! Hugs

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card thanks for sharing!

Sylvia said...

Cute card. thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

Joanne Leddy said...

6th grade memories?! Oh my goodness, I won't even tell you what was on the radio when I was in 6th grade! (snicker) Fabulous card - love the flower and the lime color! Thanks for sharing.

*Michaela* said...

Happy New Year Tracy!!! What a sweet card - I just love that cute image and your coloring is just fabulous!
Gotta have the sparkle!
Beautiful card, Sweetie!
Hugs,
Michaela

Christina said...

Such a cute image, and the sparkle is perfect for a New Year's card! Thanks for playing with us at the ColourQ!

raindropecho said...

Such a sweet card! Love the color combo - absolutely stunning!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card! Love the image... great colors and pretty ribbon treatment. :o)