Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy WOYWW #85!!...What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday?

Happy WOYWW everyone! Thanks to all who managed to stop by my workdesk last week and leave lovely comments! I will try to keep the chat down to a minimum as I'm super busy this morning...try is the word...lol.

Well I managed to get some beading projects done over the last few days...so there will be no card to show today. But I did complete a bunch of lovely little zipper pull charms that I will be adding to the shop this week!

So what's on my workdesk today? My make shift photostudio, lots of picture taking and photo editing  is what's on my agenda to get done today!


This is a very rare look into my craft room today as I very rarely have my laptop setup in my room. I only bring my laptop into my craft room when I'm taking shop pics, uploading, editing, etc...If I had a bigger space It would obviously be a stationary thing as it is very needed in there! Although I'm sure if it was in there all the time I would never get any work done...as I would be lost in blog land forever...lol!

Anyways, here is a pic of my photostudio/recycled box made into a a light box...


If you look closely off to the left you will see my not so secret little weakness which is my Diet Coke and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! I almost cropped it entirely out of the pic out of shame, but then thought...I'm probably not the only one who enjoys their soda and chocolate...(although mine is an every day gotta have addiciton)...lol!

Here is a long pic of what's on my actual workdesk...which is my portable beading table and another little beading project soon to be started!


My portable beading table is actually a recycled wooden board that hubs cut and then covered with a fabric that helps from my beads rolling around. Works really well!

Ok I know I said I wasn't going to be so chatty, I guess I lied...but I do have one last pic for today. Everyone has been having a little laugh and have been asking me about the desk organizer box that I always have on my desk...which from the looks of my desk sometimes looks like I could really use it...lol! Well it is actually an empty box that I saved and use for my completed beaded items. The items I keep in this box are the ones that have not been pictured yet.


Oh almost forgot...very last pic I promise! Here is a little sneak peek of what I've been working on and what will be added to the shop this week!


Want to join in on WOYWW or see what it's all about, then hop on over to Julia's Stamping Ground to catch some peeks into the worlds of your everyday crafters!
 
Until next week...happy crafting! 
ENJOY!

27 comments:

Minxy said...

Super interesting share today, i too made my own lightbox, but they are a bugger to store coz of the size lol
Love your ickle charms, there delightful, seeing them makes me wanna get my beads out lol
Thanks for visiting me
Happy WOYWW
Minxy #1

Lavinia said...

Wow Tracey! What a great workspace you have! Grreat storage too. Like how you take the pic's on the ligh box, really need to get myact together to do the same! Wonderfull beading projects, really lovely!
Lavinia 99
x

——>Katie Bolinger said...

you've got so many wonderful little holders and your charm is lovely. I tried making a similar photobox but I never had the space on the desk to set it up and the only place it would work didn't have enough light. You've inspired me to try again.

Angi~Mistress of Mayhem said...

I just had to laugh when I read about the soda and peanut butter cups...I'm going through WOYWW while I drink my Pepsi and eat a few chocolates! It's a good thing!

Carola Bartz said...

Very cool work space!

Susan Allan said...

I love the idea of a portable work space and I love your jewellery.
Sue xx 67

MaggieC said...

I do like the idea of anything that stops beads rolling round, although I am not sure it would have helped with my disaster. I was dipping into the bead pot for another to add to my cross stitch project when the phone rang. The whole lot ended up on the floor (and it was a wrong number). It took ages crawling round the floor to retrieve them all. I could not manage without my computer to hand whenever I am crafting as I use it for so many things including a music player.

Neet said...

As soon as yur name popped up with a comment for my blog I thought "jewellery" because you have some amazing stuff at the top of your blog and today you treated us to some more.
Brilliant idea for your beading table and such fascinating stuff on top of it - plus like your little box.
So is your photostudio just a box with two sides missing and a lamp positioned over? It is great.
Best wishes from another Peanut Butter Cup eater. I love coming to America and getting my fix!

Neet said...

Thanks for the information Tracey - I will have a go at one when I get back home (to the wet, foggy, snowy weather)

Rhonda said...

Wow, Tracey, your craft room is awesome! I have a light box my husband built, but I like yours better. May I ask, what type of a light bulb do you use? I can't find daylight corrected bulbs and I'm always having to color correct the red out of my work in Photoshop. It's a pain in the neck. Also, if I may ask, what are you using for your material on the sides of the box to filter the light? Does it get too hot? Thanks for stopping by my desk! Happy belated WOYWW! #15

butlersabroad said...

I love your beadwork Tracy, really beautiful, and don't worry about the addictions, we all have a cross to bear!!

Hugs
brenda 100

Mrs A. said...

I do like to have a good zoom in on other peoples desks. You have lots of findings pots which I had a good nose around. You kept the best till last though. The pull chain zipper charm is erm charming and it's pink too. I need one of these I must need one surely!!!!

oneoff said...

Ah, what pretties! That looks like a very comfortable work chair too, all the better to blog hop and occasionally make things! I think I need to buy some peanut butter now...

Bernie

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

What a pretty zipper pull, very victorian. Your beadwork reminds me that I'll have to take out my bead boxes to make something for OWOH soon or I may be too late to join! Patsy from
HeARTworks

FOLLOW:

Marjo said...

Oh my, lots of yummyness going on..it's wonderful.

Thanks for the peek and sharing, hugs Marjo #10 Happy WOYWW

Shaz in Oz. said...

ooo thanks for popping by and showing us all your gorgeous things.. what great idea for a light box, I kinda do a more simple version but like your idea, too! I spread out enough I dont think I better do any more!!Happy WOYWW!! :D Shaz in Oz.xx

Twiglet said...

Oh what a busy bee you are - such a lot to share with us. I love the little photo studio- very clever. Your bag charm is really lovely.

Anne said...

Love your busy looking desk! I've been wondering whether I need a lightbox - you've got me thinking again!

Susan said...

Gorgeous charms/beading. Love them and OMG Peanut Butter cups are my absolute favourite. They are not readily available in Australia though :o( Thanks for visiting. Susan xxox #19

akilli melek said...

what a fab creative space you have, and such a busy desk too.

thanks for popping over earlier. caroline #53

peggy aplSEEDS said...

hello, Tracy! what a pretty zipper pull charm! and what a good idea to have a fabric covered table to stop beads from falling. thanks for following me, it's really such an honor! belated happy WOYWW!

Nicky said...

Great desk space and lovely zipper charms thanks for sharing ~ Nicky 24

okienurse said...

I like the fabric covered board for beading. I could see other uses for it to keep things stable and in place. I take horrible pictures but I tried making a light box and they were just as bad so I gave it away. I was so big and took up so much space!

Tertia said...

Great stuff happening in your craftroom this week.
My idea of a perfectly balanced diet - Chocolate for depression and diet Coke for the conscience, see, perfectly balanced!
Tertia 110

Ali said...

Thanks for sharing your workspace with us... I'm pretty sure you're not alone in finding soda and chocolate the perfect accompaniement to crafting! :D

And I can confirm that having a computer permanently in the craft room can end up being quite the distraction from getting any actual crafting done! :lol:

Ali #74

Morti said...

I love your workspace. Reminds me that I need to sort out my lightbox as I have all the stuff, just not the time to make it!

Ciara said...

What a great post, it does make me want to play with my beads which haven't been out on the desk for a while.

Just checked out the cards you made for your boys too, they are brilliant!

xx