Monday, January 31, 2011

Have A Yummy Birthday! Sweet Sketch Wednesday #86!

Goodmorning everyone! Can you believe it's the very last day of January?! This month sure went by fast! Looking back on this month I didn't nearly get as much done as I would have liked, but I think I have majorly improved since last year! I managed to at least blog 3-4 times a week and kept my mojo flowing through most of the month. I'm hoping to improve each month and by the end of the year I would like to consider myself as a pro blogger/crafter...lol!

Anyways, on to the challenge...which I'm sure everyone stopped by here to see instead of reading my chatter...lol. Over at "Sweet Sketch Wednesday"", they have a beautiful sketch this week that I had loads of fun playing with! And their sponsor for the week is "Bugaboo Stamps" which isn't a challenge at all for me to use! I not only LOVE Bugaboo stamps, but hubs recently let me go just a little crazy during their 60% off birthday sale!! I got me some absolutely adorable digis that will keep me busy for quite a long time!

Here's my take on their sketch this week with one of Bugaboo's adorable digis I picked up...as you can see I flipped the sketch...


The sentiment is my own, which I will be sharing for free on Friday! So if you like it, be sure to stop back by at the end of the week!

Here is a closeup of the yummy buttons and glazed cupcakes!...


The sentiment...


And of course no handmade card would be complete without the inside all dressed up...


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Cocoa and baby pink textured cardstock, shimmery turquoise card stock and design paper all from "DCWV"
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The image is an adorable digi stamp from "Bugaboo Stamps" and the sentiment "Have a yummy Birthday" was created by me.
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with "PrismaColor" pencils and a gamsol technique was used to blend.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Pink Rick Rack ribbon and pink and turquoise buttons.
TOOLS: Sewing machine, "Spellbinders" with ovals, circles, scalloped ovals and scalloped circles dies, "Cuttlebug" with dot embossing folder and scalloped border punch from "Fiskars".
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with pink color thread. Stardust "Stickles" glitter was also added to the image  for even more sparkle! The image was cut and 3D mounted. 

This card draws inspiration from and will be entered into the following challenges:

#2.) Etsy Inspired -Inspired by this from "Too Cute Kawaii" on Etsy 
#3.) Fab 'n' Funky -Use a digi
#4.) Do it With Digis -Pink and Girly
#5.) Paper Play Challenges -Layer it Up

ENJOY!

18 comments:

weewiccababe said...

absolutely beautiful card Tracey - loving the bright pastels - reminds me of parma violets (a sweet in the UK)
Debz
xx

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Wowza. This is sooooo cute. Love the stack of cupcakes. Yummy design. Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired this week. :)

de said...

ADORABLE! Love all the layers and embellishments! This is amazing!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

sweetbloominscraps said...

I do love this image! The popped cupcakes are a wow along with your stacked buttons and the fun stitching. Thanks for joining us at SSW!
Judi SSW DT

The Stamper's Touch said...

Super duper adorable!!! I adore Bugaboo also!! And would you look at those yummy popped up cupcakes...fabulous! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda

Susie Sugar said...

Super Girly card love the cupcakes
♥♥Thanks for joining us at the Do it with Digi's challenge this time
Please come back for some more fun soon
Hugs Susie & the Diva's xx ♥♥

Jeannie said...

I'm lovin' all of those buttons, and how you popped up those cupcakes!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

mulberry station said...

Tracey, this is the cutest card ever! I love how you popped those cupcakes and love those buttons. Great color scheme. Nice to have you join us!
Nancy SSW-DT

Ginny said...

looks good enuf to eat, thanks for joining us at FnF

Jackie said...

Your card is sooo beautiful and I LOVE all the detail you put into it! Thanks for playing with Etsy this week!!!

Karen F said...

new follower from ~Mommy's Moments~ http://www.avonbykaren.blogspot.com

Stop by

Karen

heidy said...

Oh wow this is so pretty!!
Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week.
Heidy

Lynne said...

Awh Tracey super cute!!! such yummy cupcakes too :) love the sentiment!! thanks for sharing it with us at Do it with Digis
Lynne xoxo

Cor* said...

Wow, wow, wowzas.........look at them layers girl! YOWCH!! So snappy and cute for sure! Wonderful sketch for that adorable decoupaged image! perfect matching inside, you make me tired just lookin at all your magic!

Genevieve said...

Wow! This is yummie! Absolutely gorgeous! I love the popped up cupcakes & the sparkle is fab. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

Genevieve.

Kathie said...

Hi Tracey, what a lovely card just love your image it's super cute, what pretty colours used, I just love this card great job.
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and sharing your card.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-Design Team

Sharon Basel said...

Tracey this is most wonderful card and so deserving of the grand prize at Sweet sketch Wednesday. Congratulations!

Ruby said...

Ooh what a gorgeous card! I just love the stacked cupcakes and the colours you've chosen, FAB! Thanks for playing along with us at EIC this week!