Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hi Cupcake! Friday Sketchers -Sketch #135

When Jodie at Bugaboo Stamps released her new Friday freebie "Dottie"...modeled after Dolly Parton...I was instantly in the mood to make a fun sexy card! I've been working on this card for the last couple of days...wasn't sure if I liked it at first. I was going for a cute and sexy look to go along with the adorable fun image and just couldn't get it to look right. But after playing with it a bit, work on something else, then coming back to it and trying different things, it finally turned out the way I envisioned it.


I used the sketch from Friday Sketchers and the inspiration from Bugaboo Stamps Catch The Bug Challenge "Anything Goes".

Here's some closeups:


I'm just loving that beautiful purple glittery ribbon and the gorgeous metallic smooch designer cardstock! The glittery paper is growing on me too...at first when I got it I didn't like it all, because it gets everywhere! But after scraping off lots of the loose glitter it's more manageable.


It was really fun playing with my Cricut machine again too...I hadn't used it in forever! I used the "Storybook" cartridge to cut out the beautiful swirl!

And for the inside I just had to use some more of that gorgeous smooch paper...


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Hot pink potpourri, jet black and white cardstock, designer cardstock from "DCWV", glitter paper from "Best Occasions" an design paper from "Me and My Big Ideas".
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The adorable image is a digi stamp from "Bugaboo Stamps". The sentiment; "Hi Cupcake" is from "Inkadinkado" and was handstamped then embossed with Kaleidoscope embossing powder from "Stampendous".
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used. Razzberry pink pigment ink from "ColorBox"
EMBELLISHMENTS: Glittery purple foiled organza ribbon, pink rhinestones, silver pearls, pink, purple and turquoise "Prima" flowers and a glittery hot pink button.
TOOLS: Sewing machine, "Spellbinders" tag dies, border punch from "EKsuccess" and Cricut machine.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with turquoise color thread. Stardust "Stickles" glitter was also added to the image  for even more sparkle! 
 
Friday Sketchers -Sketch #135


Enjoy!

3 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Wowza Tracy!! What a beautiful card. I love the details you have added.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us and also joining in the fun at the Friday Sketcher sketch challenge.

Hugs
Claudia

Paul said...

Dont ya just love Dottie? Did you get any of the others? I now have them all!!! Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge at Catch The Bug, The Bugaboo Challenge Blog.
TFS
Paul
http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Jodie Mackrell said...

fabulous card! thank you for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at Catch the Bug.