Monday, January 17, 2011

Love and Bugs...Just Like Love and Hugs!!

This month is just flying right on by isn't it?! Before we know it it will be Valentine's day! I told myself this year, that I would like to be prepared in advance with my cards for the holidays. So I've been trying to get myself in the V-day mood! This is my second V-day themed card for the year and I used one of "By Lori Designs" adorable images! And isn't the sentiment just the cutest?! I created it myself in Gimp! I thought I would do a fun little play on words and instead of saying "Love and Hugs"...it says "Love and Bugs". Hubs didn't really get the humor in it and just looked at me funny, but I'm sure most people will get it (or I hope) and enjoy it...lol!


I used the sketch challenge from "I{heart}Sketches". I've been following the "I{heart}2 Stamp" blog challenge for awhile now and thankfully they have now become a monthly challenge instead of weekly! I say that, because sometimes it's so hard to keep up with the weekly challenges and now I know I can definitely keep up with their lovely sketches!! I also used the theme from "Really Reasonable Ribbon (RRR)" challenge which is a heart theme and of course you have to use some ribbon in there...which isn't hard for me!

Some closeups:


I've been seeing cute little charms added to everyone's cards, so I thought I would give it a try...I think it gives the card a sweet little touch. Thanks for the inspiration everyone! 

And the inside:


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Black textured cardstock and design paper from "DCWV" along with plain white and gray cardstock for the base.
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The adorable image is a digi stamp from "By Lori Designs". The sentiment; "Love and Bugs" is my own computer generated text sentiment.
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used
EMBELLISHMENTS: Red satin ribbon, faux rhinestones, red rose from "Recollections, red dew drops and a 3D puffy heart charm.
TOOLS: Sewing machine, "Spellbinders" with rectangles, scalloped rectangles, circles and scalloped circles dies. "Cuttlebug" with big round dots, polka dots and victoria embossing folder. Scalloped border punch for the base from "EK Success".
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with white color thread. Stardust "Stickles" glitter was also added to the image  for even more sparkle!


I{heart}Sketches -January 2011 Sketch:
 
 
ENJOY!

7 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi Tracey thankyou soooo much for becoming a follower of my blog & thankyou sooo much for your lovely comments I really do appreciate it. You have a fabulous blog here hun your creations are gorgeous. I am now away to click your follow button as I cant wait to see more. Take care.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Lindsey said...

Ooooh I love this Tracey it is STuNning!
Hope you are keeping well
Linds x

Mary said...

Thx for coming by my blog bcs I then found yours! OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE YOUR STUFF! I espec love how you make the inside of the card just as pretty as the front. I just said I wanted to start doing that. And get my sewing machine out! Happy Tuesday!!

Bettina said...

Hi Tracy! I wanted to thank you for popping by my blog and entering my candy. lovely blog you have. have to pusch that follow button cause i wanna see more,lol. hugs

Mary said...

Just me again... I've been looking at your cards and wondering how you get glitter on such a fine/small space? I love how you use it? I couldn't find your email address. So hope you get this. THANKS!

Connie M. said...

This is just so cute! Love the pretty bow with the flower! Thanks so much for playing in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!!

Hugs!
Connie M.
RRR DT

karen said...

This card is soooo cute! What a great Valentine's present for someone special!
xoxo Karen