Monday, January 3, 2011

Sweet Sketch Wednesday #82

Well things are finally getting back to normal around my house...finally put the Christmas tree and all the decorations away yesterday! It was a busy morning today with the boys first day back to school since Christmas break! But after I got them fed and on the bus, I realized I finally had a little peace and quite and time to myself...more than I've had in the last 2 weeks anyways...lol. 

Anyways, I worked on a card for Sweet Sketch Wednesday with the time I had this morning. It usually takes me forever to finish a card project so I was surprised I actually finished the whole thing and got the pics taken all before noon!! I'm a very slow crafter...or possibly just a touch picky...lol.


Since Bugaboo Stamps is their sponsor this week, I used the most precious Bugaboo image I could find in my digi folder! I actually received this one as a freebie last year and finally got a chance to use it! I just love Bugaboo Stamps!!

Some closeups:


And the inside:


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS:Cocoa brown and yellow textured cardstock, shimmery silver and glittery yellow cardstock and design paper all from "DCWV".
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The adorable image is a digi stamp from "Bugaboo Stamps". The sentiment; "How Kind of You" is from "Cearly Wordsworth" and was handstamped then embossed with Kaleidoscope embossing powder from "Stampendous".
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with PrismaColor Pencils and a Gamsol technique was used. Charcoal black pigment ink from "ColorBox"
EMBELLISHMENTS: Lime green velvet ribbon, hemp cord, yellow button, jet black "Dew Drops", Black Mulberry Paper roses and leaves from "Recollections", Sunny yellow paper flowers and a beautiful sunny yellow organza flower with a sweet white faux pearl made by "ABespokeTouch" on Etsy.
TOOLS: Sewing machine, "Cuttlebug" w/Branches embossing folder, "Spellbinders" w/Oval, Scalloped Oval and Scalloped Rectangle dies, border punch from "Recollections".
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with black color thread. Stardust "Stickles" glitter was also added to the image and flower for even more sparkle! Part of the image was paper pieced and 3D foam mounted.

Sweet Sketch Wednesday -Sketch #82


Hope everyone has a great day!
Enjoy!

8 comments:

Jeannie said...

This is absolutely delicious! I love the glitter you added to the image, all of the great embellishments and the gorgeous flower! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

mulberry station said...

Oh wow, this just swepted me off my feet. What a gorgeous card. Your flowers is amazing. Just love it. Love the take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us!
Nancy SSW-DT

Sharon Basel said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! Tracey this is fabulous-a truly magnificent creation. My jaw is on the floor just gazing at this card and absorbing all the fabulous details-stitching, flowers, papers, luscious ribbon-blows me away! Incredible take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creativity with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
All the best,
Sharon
SSW-DT

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Ooooh! Had to get the sunglasses out for this bright and happy card! It is gorgeously sunshiny! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs xxaxx

Jacque said...

Tracey...what an absolutely darling card....and so cheerful...that image is precious and you have showcased it in such a cute way!!! Thank you so much for your visit to my blog and for displaying my SWEET STUFF!!! Hope you have a fantastic New Year, Sweetie...Sending a big hug your way...Jacque

Jacki Randolph said...

OOOOOOOOOOH, love all this beautiful card with all your lovely colors of yellow!! Very pretty and your flower is absolutley beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Jackie- DT

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

So much sparkle - I LOVE IT!!!!! I must learn how to do that with the Stickles. Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Deanne :)

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card Tracey. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Happy New Year Hugs Michele x