Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Catch The Bug ATC Challenge!

Ok, so you will have to be gentle with me and not laugh...lol. Over at "Catch The Bug" Challenge they wanted us to create an ATC...I thought 'what fun this will be'! Well this is not only my first time creating an ATC (Artist Trading Card) but it is also the first time I have tried distressing! I have to admit it was fun, but not easy at all to get everything you would like to fit on your card into a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 space...lol. And it was definitely lots of fun distressing the paper...but I'm not sure if I did it right? I think it turned out kinda cute...but I don't know, I'll let the pros be the judge...lol!


I don't have that cool little distress too, so I used a mixture of my bone folder and finger nails to get the job done! Although, I'm sure if I had that tool, it would have turned out better.

Here's some closeups...


You can't really tell from the pic, because the pics didn't turn out too well, but I sprayed the image and flower with some "Smooch Spritz" to make them shimmery! And of course the image is from "Bugaboo Stamps"...it was actually a super cute freebie she was offering last year and I didn't get a chance to use til now.


To make the card pop and come even more alive I layered the flower 3 times!

And the last closeup shows the distressing a little better...


For the back I stamped a really cool ATC label! I actually got this stamp a couple years ago from my local craft store. I like to draw in my spare time when I'm not doing my million other hobbies...lol...and I original planned to use it to start doing ATC drawings, but never got around to it.


Anyways, I'm not too sure if I completely like the way this one turned out, but I know I will be making more of these! I have actually made mini cards before, so I guess this is the same thing. I really like to challenge myself, so I want to try and make one of these every day and collect them in an album! I think it will be fun to look back on by the end of the year! Plus they don't take long to make at all and I can use my loads of scraps!!

(ATC) CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Jet black textured cardstock and DP from "DCWV" with plain kraft cardstock for the base.
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The image is an adorable digi stamp from "Bugaboo Stamps" and the ATC label was handstamped and is from "Art Impressions" ( A Salem Oregon Company).
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with "PrismaColor" pencils and a gamsol technique was used to blend. The label was stamped with Oynx black ink from "Versamark".
EMBELLISHMENTS: Black brad.
TOOLS: Sewing machine, "Spellbinders" with ovals dies, "Cuttlebug" with flourish embossing folder.
FEATURES: Machine stitching front and back. Stardust "Stickles" glitter was also added to the image  for even more sparkle! The image was cut, 3D mounted and layered.

ENJOY!

6 comments:

Candi said...

Hi Tracey! I think it turned out gorgeous! I had neer even heard of an ATC before this challenge & mad emy first on last night- very fun! Love your card! :)Candi

Joy said...

very cute, love the stitching, thanks for playing with Bugaboo! JOY DT

Tammy Miller said...

Adorable I just love it! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug for our ATC swap! Thanks so much for also using a bugaboo image! I hope you will join us again very soon!

Melissa S. said...

Oh this is just lovely, your fingernails worked great. Your right though, the tool will save your nails. Love your work. Thanks for joining us at Bugaboo this week.

Sussie said...

Lovely ATC! :)

Lesley said...

This is just soooo cute! I love the distessing. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug!