Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Everybody Wants To Be A Princess...Kraftin Kimmie Challenge!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful afternoon! We woke up to snow in Oregon this morning! The kiddos were excited not only because we have snow but they closed the schools, so no school for them today! And for me, I'm finally getting over this nasty cold I've had...so feeling much better! And it's a good thing I'm feeling better too, because I've been wanting to get some crafting time in as I will need to be packing my craft room soon! We've been on the hunt for a new house, so once we find one, I will really busy with the move.

So anyways...onto the card I created. I recently ordered some stamps from Kraftin Kimmie and I just couldn't wait to use this gorgeous fairy princess stamp! And now that I have me some yummy stamps from Kraftin Kimmie I can play along in their challenges! For this weeks challenge they gave us a wonderful sketch to work with...


I sparkled her wings with Stickles and I broke out my Bazzil Basics swirl stencil to place some rhinestones around the image! I think I went a little crazy with all the bling as I also added some gorgeous brads from Lush along with some pearls everywhere...lol!


And I just had to play with my new swirly tag dies from Spellbinders to frame the sentiment!


And the inside is blinged as well...


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Glittery purple and light blue textured cardstock from "DCWV". Designer paper is from "Recollections". Pink and plain white cardstock for the bases.
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The image and sentiment is handstamped and is from "Kraftin Kimmie Stamps". The sentiment was embossed with iridescent sparkle.
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with "PrismaColor" pencils and a gamsol technique was used to blend. Tuxedo Black ink from "Memento" for the image and Black pigment ink from "ColorBox" for the sentiment.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Clear rhinestones, Clear acrylic dew drops, white pearls brads from "Lush", Lilac Mullberry paper rose from "Recollections", pink paper flower from "Prima" and a white paper doilie.
TOOLS: Sewing machine and "Spellbinders" with circles, open scalloped lace circles dies, fancy swirl tag dies and rose embossing plate.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with lavender color thread. Crystal "Stickles" glitter was also added to the image for even more sparkle! The sentiment was embossed with shimmery iridescent powder. The image and sentiment were 3D foam mounted.

This card draws inspiration from and will be entered into the following challenges:

#1.) Kraftin Kimmie Stamps -Challenge #66 Super Sketch
#2.) Flutter by Wednesday -Challenge #143 -"Anything Goes"
#3.) Fab 'n' Funky Challenges -"Recipe Time"
#4.) The Paper Variety -Challenge #22 -"Sew Much Fun"
#5.) Top Tip Tuesday -#23 "Bling It On"
#6.) Creative Card Crew -"Fantasy"
#7.) Crazy For Challenges -"Use Dies"
#8.) Pile It On -"Childhood Dreams"
#9.) Ooh-La-La Creations -"Pink, Pink & More Pink"
#10.) Truly Scrumptious -Challenge #51 -"Swilrs and Pearls"

ENJOY!

18 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Wendi said...

What a gorgeous card inside and out beautiful embellishments
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Suzy said...

LOL! I want to be a princess! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Variety :) Be sure to stop back next Wednesday for our BLOG HOP :)

Danni said...

Very pretty! Love how you did her wings! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Terri said...

Fabulous card! Love all the details on this!!!

Anna said...

Beautiful card! Full of so many wonderful details! Thanks for sharing with us at Flutter By Wednesday.

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Gorgeous....I love KK stamps!

Debs said...

beautiful creation Tracey, Love that image and hey! I want to be a princess too! lol. I have a little pressie on my blog for you
http://debstreasures.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-award.html
Debs
xxx

Maggie's Crafts said...

Stunning card!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Tuesday for another brilliant tip! :)

Maggie

xx

Doreen said...

Ooh what a gorgeous card.Thank you for sharing with us at ooh la la this week.xxx

ona_i_ja said...

Hi Tracey, your card is awesome!!!! I love it!!!!
Thanks for joining us at CCC this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Lindsey said...

Beautiful card Tracey! Love this fun image and your colouring is gorgeous! Hope all is well with you guys, have fun in the snow! Thanks for joining us at FnF this week.
Linds x

Yara said...

So beautiful! Love all the details! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Paper Variety!!!

BethieJ said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Thanks for joining us at PIO this week! Have a GREAT day!

Suzanne said...

A gorgeous card. Lovethe papers, image, everything. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Fab n Funky this week x

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oooo, I adore all the shimmer and jewels. Thanks for playing with us this week at TTT!

Shannon said...

Fabulous card! Thank you for participating in our challenge at TPV!

Beth said...

Such a gorgeous card! This image is fabulous - I love her glittery wings and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

Love Beth xx