Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lili Of The Valley -Sketch Challenge #88

Hey all! 
I finally have a new card to share with all of you! Well I actually had it done on Sunday, but didn't take pics until yesterday, which my internet was down ALL DAY! I'm really not liking this cable internet we have...I miss my DSL...sniff, sniff...lol.

Anyways, after spending the weekend with hubs and the kiddos, I finally got around or finally had the time I should say to mount my new LOTV stamps and to play with my new flowers from WOC!! I was like a kid in a candy store when I first received them!! And after getting my stamps mounted I just had to find a challenge to play along with to show my new goodies off...lol!!

So the card I'm sharing with you today is made using the sketch challenge from Lili of the Valley Challenge. I've got to say I just love this beautiful sketch and didn't want to miss my chance to play around with it and besides sketch challenges are my favorite!!


The stamp I used is called "Pom Pom" and can be found in the LOTV shop here! While getting me some new stamps, I also had to get me some of their beautiful sentiments too! 

Some close-ups...


And like I said the lovely flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts along with all the other embellies like the stamens and pearl sprays! I have got to say their prices are very reasonable and shipping is fast too!


I went a little crazy with the pearls and even added them to the lovely sentiment...lol...


And of course had to dress up the inside too...


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Textured cardstock in salmon pink and glittery textured cardstock in sky blue all from "DCWV". Design paper is from "Recollections" and "DCWV".
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The image and sentiment were handstamped and are from "Lili Of The Valley (LOTV)"
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with "PrismaColor" pencils and a gamsol technique was used to blend. Tuxedo black ink from "Memento" used for the stamps and broken china Distress Ink from "Tim Holtz" used to sponge around the edges.
EMBELLISHMENTS: White lace and satin ribbon, acrylic pearls in lavender in pink and all flowers, stamens and pearls sprays are from "Wild Orchid Crafts (WOC)"
TOOLS: Sewing machine and "Spellbinders" machine w/ Circles and open lace circles dies.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with lilac color thread. Image and sentiment were 3-D foam mounted. "Stickles" glitter glue was added to the image for even more sparkle.

This card draws inspiration from and will be entered into the following challenges: 

#1.) Lili Of The Valley Challenge -"Sketch By Bev"
#2.) Stamp With Fun -"Spring"
#3.) Pollycraft Challenge Blog -"Swirls and Pearls"
#4.) The Shabby Tea Room -"Three in a Row" (Dies/Flowers/Gems -Diagonal Bingo and Gems/Glitter/Ribbon -Right Side Vertical Bingo)
#5.) A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge -"Ribbon, Pearls and Flowers"
#6.) My Time To Craft Challenge -"Ladies Day"
#7.) Papertake Weekly -"It's a Mom Thing or Just be Girlie"
#8.) Pile it on Challenges -"Pearls and Bling"
#9.) Robin's Fetish Challenge Blog -"Welcome Spring"
#10.) 7 Kids College Fund -"Pink and Flowers"

ENJOY!

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh this stamp is to die for. How very sweet is she? I love how you did the spray of pearls. Brilliant! Thanks so much for playing this week at The Shabby Tea Room.

Charlene said...

How adorable!! I love the sweet image and the glitter on her wings, the flowers and all the layers. Very sweet! Thanks so much for playing along this week at the Shabby Tea Room :-)

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous and the colours so pretty. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
Clairexx

Chrissie said...

She is a real cutie!
Thanks for joining in the Ladies Day challenge at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

Angie said...

Wonderful card love the image and the colours thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Tracey, what a perfect springtime card. I love the cute image and gorgeous papers. Thanks for joining us at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

patriziawithaz said...

I love LOTV images and tou have done a great card with this one Tracey. Thanks for sharing at MTTCC this week x

Lynsey said...

This is such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.
Hugs Lynsey x

Helen said...

Stunning card - such pretty colours!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL card! I LOVE the sweet image!!
Thanks for joining us at PIO! Have a GREAT day!