Friday, April 15, 2011

Fairy Fun Friday Challenge #50 MW Reminder -Inspired By A Nursery Rhyme

Happy Friday everyone!
I'm back again with some more inspiration for the "Inspired by a Nursery Rhyme" Challenge and to remind you all that you still have 1 more week to get your cards in over at the "Fairy Fun Fridays" Challenge blog!

I decided to go with the same layout I used last week because I just love the sketch and also went along with the same nursery rhyme except this time it's for the boys!

"What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails
And puppy dog tails
That's what little boys are made of"


I'm just loving these stamp sets I got from MSE (My Sentiments Exactly)...I have both the boy and girl sets! And I can never get enough of this yummy glittery cardstock from DCWV! Along with the "Glossy Accents" for the glasses and pacifier!


All the buttons I've been using lately are "Button Bonanza" from "Button Galore and More". They actual had them on sale at my local craft store....so I couldn't resist grabbing me up a bag in every color combo...lol!!


I continued with the theme on the inside...


CARD INGREDIENTS:
PAPERS: Textured cardstock in yellow pastel and green pastel and glittery textured cardstock in warm grey all from "DCWV". Design paper is from "Recollections" and "KiMemories".
IMAGE and SENTIMENT: The image is a digi stamp and is from "Prairie Fairy Designs" and the sentiments were handstamped and are from "MSE" (My Sentiments Exactly).
INK and COLOR: The image was colored in with "PrismaColor" pencils and a gamsol technique was used to blend. Tuxedo black ink from "Memento" was used to stamp the sentiments.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Green pastel pearls, lime green dew drops and white and yellow buttons.
TOOLS: Sewing machine, "Cuttlebug" with Argyle embossing folder and "Spellbinders" machine w/ scalloped rectangles dies.
FEATURES: Machine stitching in and out with beige color thread. Image was 3-D foam mounted. "Glossy Accents" was added to the image for even more depth.


I had so much fun with this challenge and you will too! So be sure to stop on by the "Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge blog", check out all the other wonderful inspiration the Fairy Princesses have come up with and join in the fun too...you just might be one of the lucky winners of Roberta's digi stamp prizes!!

This card draws inspiration from and will be entered into the following challenges:
 
#1.) I {heart} Sketches -"April Sketch"
 #2.) My Partner In Crafting Crime -"3 or more layers"
#3.) Do You Stack Up? -"Scallops"
#4.) Simon Says Stamps -"For a Child"
#5.) Art Impressions Stamps -"Anything Goes"
#6.) Ladybug Crafts -"Celebrations"
#7.) Papertake Weekly -"Truly Dimensional"
#8.) Bearly Mine Challenges -"Inside Out"
#9.) Fussy and Fancy -"For a Child"
#10.) One Stitch at a Time -"New Baby"
#11.) Karen's Doodles (Netherlands) -"Anything Goes"
#12.) Freshly Brewed Designs -"Cute and Sweet"

Thanks for stopping by!
ENJOY!

16 comments:

WencheP said...

How can you not love this! Fabulous color, great image! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

pinky said...

Just love it, a real fun image and beautifully presented. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

Kerry said...

I recognise this sketch Tracey..love it! The image made me chuckle...the pp is super sweet and I love that embossing folder you've used. Definitely on my wish list :-D Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this week xx

Hannah Clark said...

I just love it! You card is so cute and I love the glasses lenses! Awesome!

Marianne said...

Wow, such a perfect card. The image, the buttons, the stitching and the great layers and papers!
Wow, i am very impressed!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT!
Marianne

greet said...

This is very cute! Lovely colous, beautiful details en en very cute image.
Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles NL.

Greetings Greet

Lisa Jane said...

oh whata cutie .. and a fab layout
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Such a sweet and adorable card! Inside and Out! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Marjo said...

Wow, Tracey!

This card is GORGALICIOUS! Love the LO and the added details are fantastic.

Thanks so much for sharing this card with us at OSAAT.

Bunches of hugs, Marjo

Miranda said...

gorgeous card tracey, very lovely, love the glossy accents you've added
thanks for joining us at the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Amy Sheffer said...

Fantastic card! Love the glittery mats! Great job with the SFYTT, too!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

gorgeous card, sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joining us at BMD......

Hugs
Judith

Jill said...

gorgeous card Tracey love the cute image and the glossy accents look fab thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Soili-Maria said...

I just love your card!!! This is super-cute!!!! Thank you for joining Art Impressions Challenge#12!!

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Love this card. Fun image, great layout and I like the buttons a lot.

Liefs, Karen's Doodles NL!

Renata

Heather said...

Oh my goodness this is adorable! I love that funny little image and those gorgeous buttons!

Thanks for playing along this week at Freshly Brewed Challenges Cute and Sweet challenge

Hugs! Heather