Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Gift For My Mom!!


I have an interesting project to share with you all today. It's not a card, but a little gift box I made to match the card I made for Mother's Day for my mom. I made it to hold the keychain I made her.

But before I get to that I want to let everyone know that I will be choosing a winner of my blog candy and announce it on my blog later tonight. And I'm sorry I didn't do it yesterday as promised but we had a water pipe burst on the side of our house yesterday and it was a really long day to say the least...lol.

Now to the little gift box...


 If you visited my blog on Sunday...you will see that I made the box to match my mom's Mother's Day card. You can see the card HERE.

I layered it with paper and followed the theme throughout the entire box...


The sentiment is one of my own, which I will soon be adding to my new shop later this summer!

Here are a couple close ups of the front...


I used more of the sparkly paper that I embossed with my Cuttle bug folder on the inside...


And the key charm I made her...


BOX INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 3 1/4 x 31/4
STAMPS: My own digital stamp creation
INK: Tim Holtz distress inks
PAPERS: K&Company, DCWV and Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Flowers from "WOC", vintage lace, acrylic dew drops and Pearl stick pins
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Spellbinders dies, sewing machine, distressing blade, Fiskars border punch and Martha Stewart Score Board
OTHER: Tattered Angels glimmer and Stickles

And a closeup of the charm...

For the charm I used a beautiful goddess pewter charm with Swarovski crystals, Czech glass faceted crystal beads and Tibet bead caps hand wire wrapped.


Hope you have enjoyed this new and interesting project I shared with you today! I love how this one turned out so I also made one for my Grandma which I will also share with you today in a different post!

Box will entered into the following challenges:

Kreative Stamp Friends -"Mother's Day"
Crazy Challenge -"Anything Goes"
Make It Monday -"Anything Goes"
Nettie G's Digital Gems -"Everyday Is Mother's Day"
Simon Says Stamp and Show -"Anything Goes"
Incy Wincy Designs -"Mother's Day or Girlie"
Stamping Vacation -"Special Month -May"
Sentimental Sundays -"Anything Goes"
Stampin Sisters in Christ -"All Things Beautiful"
2 Sisters -"Distressing"

Thanks for stopping by!
ENJOY!

18 comments:

Scrappin Chris said...

Lovely project. I am sure your mom enjoys it. Thanks for taking part in NettieG's Digital Gems' Every day is Mother's Day challenge.

Chris
Lead Designer

Lisa Jane said...

Wow what a beautiful gift and box.. so pretty
Thanks for linking up at Make it Monday this week
Lisa x
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Auntie Em said...

So pretty! I love all the details you used on the box. I love that you took as much care on the interior as the front of the box. The keychain is lovely.
Thank you for sharing! :)

Terry said...

My goodness Tracey, your mom is going to love your box. wowzersss very beautifull colors and embelli is absolutely fabulous. Hugs Terry xxxx

Michelle said...

Hi Tracey

Wow! Absolutely stunning key chain aned gift box. Your Mum will be so thrilled to receive it.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make it Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Sally said...

This is really lovely. The box is gorgeous, great colours. Love the keychain too. I saw this on MIM.
Hugs Sally xxx

darling Ho said...

Wow!! This is just beautiful!! Love the pretty box.
Thanks for joining us at 2SC and CCH this time. ~hugs~darling Ho~

Grace said...

Oh wow! This is truly gorgeous! Filled with awesome details and layering... gorgeous touches and I know your Mom will treasure it forever! THanks for sharing with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! This truly is beautiful!

Ann English said...

Lucky Mom! What a beautiful gift!
Thank you for joining us this week for our anniversary challenge. Don't forget the blog hop-opportunity for a prize!

coops said...

wow, fantastic gift for your mum :D
the box is so beautiful and i love your stitching.stunning keychain too :D

xx coops xx

Purple Card Lady said...

Oh my, this is simply gorgeous fromt the box to the creation inside! Thanks for joining us for Nettie G's digital Challenge.

sasa said...

An amazing creation - full of love, detail and colour. A truly fabulous gift...
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Hope to see you again soon!
Sarah

Renee said...

What a great project for your mom. I'm sure she just loved it. I know I would. Thanx for joining us this week at Incy Wincy. Hope to see you back again, soon.
Renee DT

Emma said...

Oh wow...I found your blog through Make It Monday and absolutely love your little work of art...it's beautiful. Thanks for sharing...
Emma x

petra,s cards said...

wauw tracy what a gorgeous blogg do you have!!!! you have such inspiration and talent.
realey beautiful creations!!!! i became a follower!!!
xx petra

papertrails leaver said...

This is so beautiful! Gasp! Your mother must have been so delighted to receive this! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays! :-) Amy

Jen Leeflang said...

O wow - what a beautiful project! Thanks for joining us on Nettie G's challenge
love
Jen

Hestia's Helper said...

The Monthly Challenge at the Latte Lounge is "Cards for Mom and Other Special Women in Our Lives". We would LOVE for you to join us and enter your card in our challenge! We're having a drawing at the end of the month for all KINDS of great prizes!!
HERE IS THE LINK
If you're not already a member, we'd LOVE for you to join us!!
{{cheers}}
Stacie