Friday, May 6, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!! Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge #52 -DT Card!

Happy Friday again all!! 
It's time for a brand new challenge over at "Fairy Fun Fridays" and you won't want to miss this one!! Our theme this week is "Here Come The Girls"!! And this brought Roberta's little Gillian to mind of course!

Here's a little inspiration to get you started...


Isn't little Gilly just adorable playing dress up! I had so much fun coloring her in too! You can find "Pretty Gillian" in the "Prairie Fairy Designs shop HERE! Pretty Gillian also brought a great song to mind which inspired my sentiment..."Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!". I also made a few other girlie sentiments inspired by this challenge! So be sure to check back in next week to snag them up!

I tried to girlie up my card as much as I could...so I went a little crazy with my "Smooch Spritz" spray...lol!! Not sure if you could see it from my pics, but I sprayed all the papers including the image and flowers! And of course "Stickles" too! Can you tell I love sparkle?!


I added a little purple eye shadow to her eyes with a bit of glitter and then glazed it with "Glossy Accents" over her glasses.

I've been playing with mesh on my cards lately and so I tried something a little different. I added a layer of mesh over the backing papers and burned all the edges to make it stand out a bit more, then stitched it to the papers. This is also the first time I tried a triple bow with my bow maker...I think it turned out lovely! I got those mesh leaves from "WOC" along with the beautiful roses and crystal stem.


I spent all my time and energy on the front...so by the time I got to the inside I was a little uninspired...lol. I don't think I really did it justice...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: Prairie Fairy Designs digi stamp -"Pretty Gillian" and my digi sentiment
COLORING MEDIUM: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS
LAYOUT: Crafting Life's Pieces -Sketch #36
PAPERS: DCWV, Best Occasions and Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Roses, leaves and crystal stem from "WOC", lace, mesh, ribbon, rhinestones and acrylic dew drops
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Martha Stewart border punch, Bow Easy and sewing machine
OTHER: Smooch Spritz, Stickles glitter and Glossy Accents 

I had so much fun with this challenge and you will too! So be sure to stop on by the Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge blog, check out all the other wonderful inspiration the Fairy Princesses have come up with and join in the fun too...you just might be one of the lucky winners of Roberta's digi stamp prizes!!

Card will be entered into the following challenges:

CLP Challenge -"Sketch #36"
Digis With Attitude -"Funny Sentiment"
Inspire Me Fridays -"Always Anything Goes"
Mami Doodles -"Let's Get Girly"
Phindy's Place -"Embossing"
Stamp Something -"Digi Day"
Crafty Purple Frog -"Purple and Lace"
Do You Stack Up -"Purple"
Shelly's Images -"Girly or Sweet"
Southern Girls -"Let's Here It For The Girls"
Crafts and Me -"Swirls"
Divas By Design -"Anything Goes"
My Mums Craft Shop -"Cute And Girly"
Digital Tuesday -"Ribbon And Lace"
Papertake Weekly -"Anything Goes"
Top Tip Tuesday -"Anything Goes"
Flourishes -"Card for a child"
Emerald Fairie Garden -"Anything Goes"
Cheerful Stamp Pad -"Little Girls With Curls"

Thanks for stopping by!
ENJOY!

39 comments:

Dorcas said...

Hi Tracey!
This card is AWESOME! Love these fun prarie fairy images they're so much fun. But I love how you blinged things up too. Your composition is impecable. Thanks so much for joining us at Phindy’s this week!
Hugs,
Dorcas
Ps) There’s still time to join my “no strings attached “ blog candy if you haven’t already done so. Its open til May 13th and you can find it at the top of my sidebar.

Chrissy said...

Totally awesome...beautiful colouring, fabulous layers, every detail...magic...
Luv CHRISSYxx

Melissa M said...

Cute card!!!

Peggysuez said...

How sweet is this, what a cute image and lovely details! Thanks for playing along with Divas by Design this round!

KarenB said...

Oh wow... totally girly-licious!! I love your attention to detail, the amazing stitching and the touches of shimmer.

Leanne said...

WOWZERS this is gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!  Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs
Leanne xx

Cor* said...

Another magical piece of art Tracey! always a pleasure to see your creations, layout and BLING!! love the touches on her eyelids as well! The inside is just wonderful, so don't second guess yourself girlie! A perfectly spritz to the T card!

Randi WS said...

Hi Tracey!
Wow, this card is so adorable in a cool way!! Love that Prairie Fairie stamp, and I loooove all the glittering ;) Beautiful, bright colors and lovely embellishments!

Thank you so much for playing with Chelsea's sketch this month! Good luck!

Lots of love,
Randi WS (CLP DT)

~ Kendra ~ said...

Tracey, WOW WOW WOW! I love your card! Stunning both inside and out!! I just love the bold colors you used! Perfect color combo! Your Gilly is colored perfectly! Love all the details!! WONDERFUL! I could go on and on! :) One more thing...LOVE all the sparkle! :)

Have a great weekend!

Kendra

Maggie's Crafts said...

Wow! Stunning!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday in OPEN CHALLENGE!

Maggie
xx

Elaine Stark said...

Great card, lovely vibrant colours. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Hannah Clark said...

Your card is just beautiful! I love all the sparkles and that mesh is just perfect! I also really love those gems! Beautiful!

coops said...

absolutely stunning card tracey.your vibrant colours and details are fantastic and i love the fun image ;D

xx coops xx

WencheP said...

Absolutely stunning! Love all the great details. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

kurlygirl said...

Tracy, this is simply stunning! Your coloring is beautiful! I love all your glitter and sparkle! There is just so much about this to love! The jeweled stem, the flowers, the netting, the leaves, the stitching, ribbon... Beautiful job!

I'm so glad that you joined us at Shelly's Images Sugar and Spice Challenge and I hope we see more of your creations in the future!

~kurlygirl Kurly-Q

* Üla * said...

This is a beautiful card, Tracey. I love your lovely image and how you play with the different colours. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly Challenge.
hugs Ula

sue said...

Just so love this!!! The colours, the embellies, the very cute image! So much work has gone into it! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls :)

Cec said...

Absolutely fabulous. I love the sparkle you have added to this little cutie and all the great layers. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Hugs!
Cec

Splashbunny said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the sparkles and the stitching details!! thank you for playing at PCJ
Zahreen

Michele said...

your curly girl creation is just wonderful. thanks for joining the challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

KC said...

I just love all the glitter! thank you for sharing your bling with us at Stamp Insanity:)

AnItA mArIe said...

totally sweet card,love your colouring...
thanks for joining in on the emerald faeries challenge good luck Hugz Anita..XX

Denise and Louise said...

Gorgeous card. Great image and I love all the extra details. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Wendy Colledge said...

OMG Tracey!! How cute!! Thank You for joining us at Mami Doodles and good luck in the draw ◕ ‿ ◕

Claire said...

Wow what a gorgeous card, beautiful colours, fab image and I love the sentiment too. Thanks for joining us at Digi's With Attitude! Challenge and good luck
Claire xx

Miranda said...

WOW, awesome card Tracey, really fantabulous
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Kitty said...

Wow this really is awesome and stunning! Love the details, colours, glitter everything!

Thanks for joining in our Cute & Girly Challenge at MMCS.

Kitty xx

angelwhispers said...

This is one super creation!!! Just love it the colours are so perfectand the detail fantastic!!!

Thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxxxx

Rebekah said...

Gosh I love all the fab sparkle and bold colours thanks for playing at Divas with us hugs Rebekah xx

Tracey Manderson said...

Wow Trace! Another great card! I love the colour combo!! Thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden.
Hugs
Tracey
xx
ps HOW DO YOU get that cool star thingy with the mouse pointer on the blog!!! lol

Jules said...

Beautiful Card Love the colours and Love your blog so pretty..Thanks for playing along at the Emerald Faeries Garden Best of Luck.

princesskitten said...

Super cool - love all the bling

kitten DYSU team

Anniebee said...

One word.... ADORABLE!!!

Anniebee

Dee Jackson said...

This is too cute! Thanks for playing in the FTTC this week:)

Vicki Romaine said...

What a beautiful Card. I love all the embellishments. Thanks for joining "Little Girls with Curls" at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhh wow!!! your card is absolutely amazing Hun!! A beautiful entry! Thank you for playing along with us at the Emerald Faeries Garden Challenge this month!

Hugz, Deb/ Owner

Dora said...

Wow what an awesome card, fantastic colours, love it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck x

Alison said...

Super cute! I LOVE the colors you used! Fabulous elements, great coloring on your image too. Thank you for playing along with StampInsanity!

Chelsea said...

Hi Tracey, amazing card and love all the bold colors. So many wonderful layers and embellishments, it's a gorgeous take on the CLP Sketch. Thanks for joining us, hope to see you again.
Love,
Chelsea