Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day -A Special Card Just For My Mom!


Goodmorning everyone and to all the moms out there......
Happy Mother's Day!

I have a super special card to share with you all today. I made this one especially for my mom who is the greatest mom in the world...lol!! I made it during the middle of the week and am sharing it now because she should have received it in the mail already...so the surprise won't be ruined. (And Grandma if you are reading this I didn't forget you...you have been sent something special too!)

Since this was being made special.....I went all out, maybe over did it it a bit...lol. But My mom deserves the best on this special day!! Anyways what I'm trying to say is be prepared for a long post as I have lots of pictures to show it off!


I tried some new techniques on this card...well new to me...lol. I've only tried distressing a couple times and didn't really like the way it turned out, but I think I did a pretty good job on this one. Plus you will also notice I tried a couple other things like using seam binging ribbon. I found a great tutorial on YouTube on how to crinkle the ribbon. So this was my first attempt and I think I'm in love with seam binding ribbon now...lol! Some other things I did was made my own stick pins with beads and exposing a corner with overlapped paper. Thinking about all the new stuff I tried...I think I may have used my mom's card as a guinea pig...lol.


And you probably know who the cutie image is I used! It's a "Mo's Digital Pencil" stamp!! I love her stuff and have an ever growing collection which I hope to get the chance to use this summer when I'm less busy! This particular stamp is called "Bunches" and can be found in Mo's shop HERE!


The sentiment I used is my very own! I will be opening up a brand new shop this summer that will be exclusively for my digi sentiments! So if you have been liking my freebie sentiments be sure to keep an eye out for the opening!

I took a couple other close-ups of the front...


I tried to capture the sparkle of the stick pins I made but my pics didn't want to turn out. But for the pins I used Czech glass faceted crystals with some Tibet beads.


I sponged a little distress ink onto the ribbon and lace as well...not too sure if I like it? And not sure if you can tell from the pics but I painted all the edges with some "Tattered Angels" glimmer. Love that stuff as much as my "Stickles"...lol!

For the inside I did both panels....


I added a pocket to the top because I made my mom a personal DVD as part of her gift...love the way it turned out! I just might make more of these!


And the personal message panel...


And you guys are going to think I'm absolutely nuts...but I have a bit of an "OCD" so when I did both the panels on the inside I couldn't stop there because the back just looked so plain when I was done...lol. So I did up the back too!!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: Mo's Digital Pencil -"Bunches" digi stamp
COLORING MEDIUM: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS
INK: Tim Holtz distress inks
LAYOUT: Sweet Sketch Wednesday -"Sketch #100"
PAPERS: K&Company, DCWV and Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Flowers, leaves, vintage seam binding and crystal stem from "WOC", vintage lace, rhinestones and acrylic dew drops, rhinestone brads, brads and my handmade beaded stickpins
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Spellbinders dies, sewing machine, distressing blade and Bow Easy
OTHER: Tattered Angels glimmer and Stickles

Have a beautiful Sunday and Mother's Day everyone!! Hope all the Mother's out there get spoiled rotten and treated like the queen they are...lol!!

Card will be entered into the following challenges:

Sweet Sketch Wednesday -"Sketch #100"
2 Sisters -"Distressing"
Catch The Bug -"Anything Goes"
Crazy For Challenges -"Lots Of Flowers"
Card Makin Mamas -"For A Loved One"
Fairy Knoll -"Mother's Day"
Fairy Tale -"Mother's Day"
Inspire Me Fridays -"Anything Goes"
Mami Doodles -"Let's Get Girly"
Paper Cutz -"Mother's Day"
Raise The Bar -"Flower Power"
Simply Create -"Something Mom's Would Say"
Craft Us Crazy -"Mother's Day and/or Flowers"
Delightful Challenges -"Mother's Day or Someone Special"
Amber's Crafts and Stuff -"Special Lady"
For Fun Challenges -"Mother's Day or lot of Flowers"
Sisterhood Of Crafters -"Mother's Day"
Tuesday Throwdown -"Mother's Day"
Kreative Stamp Friends -"Mother's Day"

Thanks for stopping by!
ENJOY!

42 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

Wowsie Tracey.. brilliant card...ur mum's gonna love it girl...

cebelica said...

Oh wow, this is stunning! You have a great eye for details. I love absolutely everything about your card. Hugs!

Bianca said...

What a fab CD Holder! It´s perfect for Mother´s Day! xx Bianca

mulberry station said...

Moms are very special and I can tell you have made this card with a lot of love. Tracey, it is gorgeous. I love all the special little details you have added to your card. You mother will treasure this card. Thanks so much for joining our celebration this week.
Happy Mother's Day!
Nancy SSW-DT

Kathie said...

Hi Tracey, I don't know where to start, your card is totally stunning!!! I love every little detail. I've done distressing once and I too didn't like it and haven't gone back since I must and I love yours. Your image is just so cute and all your embellishments love your pins you made, ribbons and beautiful flowers, everything your Mum will just adore it and really cherish it always. Thanks so much for sharing your mums card with us today at Sweet Sketch Wednesday for our 100th Sketch celebrations.

Hugs,
Kathie SSW-DT

angelwhispers said...

What a fabulous card I can see from the colouring and detail just how much love there is here!!! You g=have one amazing blog. Thanks for sharing your talent with us all Chanelle xxx

Anita said...

What an adorable card and perfect gift. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

sweetbloominscraps said...

So adorable...love the ragged egdes and the turned corner and all the added details...beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for playing along this week at our SSW 100th Celebration!
Judi SSW DT

sweetbloominscraps said...

So adorable...love the ragged egdes and the turned corner and all the added details...beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for playing along this week at our SSW 100th Celebration!
Judi SSW DT

sweetbloominscraps said...

So adorable...love the ragged egdes and the turned corner and all the added details...beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for playing along this week at our SSW 100th Celebration!
Judi SSW DT

sweetbloominscraps said...

So adorable...love the ragged egdes and the turned corner and all the added details...beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for playing along this week at our SSW 100th Celebration!
Judi SSW DT

sweetbloominscraps said...

So adorable...love the ragged egdes and the turned corner and all the added details...beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for playing along this week at our SSW 100th Celebration!
Judi SSW DT

Chrissy said...

WOW!! This was made with a lot of love....Fabulous card...gorgeous.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Arlana said...

I can see Judi likes your cards alot :) you card is so gorgous, I can tyell you love your mother alot . You have put alot od thoght and detail in to this card, Love it. Thanks for joning in the celebration. Arlana@SSW!!!

Arlana said...

I can see Judi likes your cards alot :) you card is so gorgous, I can tyell you love your mother alot . You have put alot od thoght and detail in to this card, Love it. Thanks for joning in the celebration. Arlana@SSW!!!

coops said...

oh my word!! tracey this absolutely fantastic.i love the image and all your special detsils are so stunning.lucky mum :D

xx coops xx

aqualeiga said...

Well Tracey, you have certainly done your mum proud! Its a truely adorable card, and I know what you mean about falling in love with seam-binding ribbon....its happening the world over!!!! Great to see you joining us at FOR FUN this week, hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Ali x

Linda w said...

Wow, wow, and wow..oh and wow for the back page too. Fabulous card, I'd have to write a book to list all the things I love... suffice to say all of it. Your pins are wonderful as is your distressing...makes me want to have a go. Thanks for joining us at Amber's Crafts and Stuff's For A Special Lady challenge this week, hope you see you back again. Hugs lin

Genevieve said...

Oh my! This is a beauty!!! The distressing is fab & the detail you have put into your card is amazing. Thanks so much for joining us for our 100th sketch celebrations ;)

Genevieve SSW-DT

Natasha said...

What a wonderful card. I love all the details. Thanks for playing along at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

Natasha

Debs said...

wow stunning creation Tracey, gorgeous elements and embellishments
Debs
xxx

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

wow what a beautiful mothers'day card, i love it. Beautiful colours!

Marie said...

What a wonderful card you have made. Your mum must adore it. Thanks for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Jackie said...

This is so darn pretty! I love all the little touches and the time that must have gone into this card is evident. Fabulous work! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog! I hope to see more of your work in the future!

Zulma said...

OMG! this is gorjuss, so pretty. Love all your work on this card, lot of details, stitching, d/p distressing,Thanks for playing with us at 2 Sister's this week, good luck!
Zulma DT

sgc said...

Gorgeous card. Love everything about it. Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge.

Jeannie said...

This couldn't be more gorgeous and I'm quite sure she adored it! Thanks so much for joining us for our 100th Celebration at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Jacki Randolph said...

Fabulous card, gorgeous papers and beautiful coloring. Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at SSW for our 100th Sketch celebration

Jacki - SSW DT

Jacki Randolph said...

Fabulous card, gorgeous papers and beautiful coloring. Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at SSW for our 100th Sketch celebration

Jacki - SSW DT

Sharon Basel said...

Great gertie Tracey this is just so magnificent I can hardly find the words here. Your creation has such incredibly rich details - from sewing to distressing to layering to embossing - it would take me a month of Sunday's to discover them all! Gorgeous is a strong word except when trying to describe this adequately. What a work of art! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate the 100th sketch milestone at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and for the support you show us week after week. We're lucky to have you wonderful creativity grace our challenges - so inspiring to everyone.
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Oh my goodness. You must be SO proud of your work - it is OUT OF THIS WORLD! Seriously, wow. Thanks so much for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Lauren said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next time!

Lauren

Ivi said...

Woooooow, it gets me of my feets.

What a gorgeous card!!!! So many lovely details... fantastic!!!!

Woooooow...

Thanks for joining us at shapes and more! I`ll visit your blog again, your works are so great!!!

Hugs Ivi

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Wow, so many fab details on your bautiful card! Awesome! :D
Your mother is going to be thrilled, I guess!!

Love, Hege

Anniebee said...

Daaaang, Tracey! You really DID go crazy with this one, huh? It's gorgeous and all the techniques are very well-done as far as I can see. I'll bet your mom loved this card! Who wouldn't? I love distressing but I don't do it very often on my own work for some reason. Great job!

Anniebee

Anita Hovey said...

Beautiful gorgeous creation! Lovely inside and out. Thanks for sharing at Raise the Bar!

Scrappy said...

Wow! Fab Card! Love your layout!! Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug! Hope you'll join us again soon!

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning! You did an amazing job with all the new techniques you tried, they all turned out fabulous. I will definitely keep an eye out for your new digi sentiments shop:) I am now a follower. Hugs:)

Anniebee said...

Congrats, Tracey, on winning the challenge at Amber's Crafts and Stuff this week! I'm so happy for you but not a bit surprised. You do such beautiful work.

Aniebee

Rose said...

WOW this is fantastic!!
so glad you joined us on Simply Create

Deb.x said...

Hi Tracey - congratulations for top 3 at 2 sister challenge blog - its an honour to be chosen with you!
Deb.x

Trish Hughes said...

congrats on the top 3 over at SC!!!