Monday, June 27, 2011

Let Freedom Ring! Paper Playtime Challenge #49 -Red, White & Blue Theme -DT Card!!


Well hello there fellow bloggers and readers...log time, no see...lol. You all have probably been wondering, 'where in the world has this woman been?'! Why I have been enjoying the beautiful bright sunshine here in Oregon of course! Probably not enjoying it as much as I have been working out in it...lol...but I have been taking advantage of the beautiful weather we have been having. When we moved into the new house we are in a couple months ago...the person who lived here before was an old lady that was not able to take care of the the yard or outside of the house...so we have been working for the past couple weeks trying to get the place looking beautiful again! So major weeding, tilling, planting, etc...We are finally almost done, thankfully...lol. And since we have been taking a little summer break from certain DT's that I'm on, I decided I would take advantage of the time...but now I'm back to give my blog and craft room the desperate attention and fun they need...lol! I have some pics I'll be adding to my blog tomorrow to show everyone who cares about the progress we have been making to our place! But for today I actually have a new project to share...WOW...it's been 3 weeks since my last one...so enough of my chitter chatter...here we go!


The card I'm sharing today is one I have made for "Paper Playtime Challenge #49"...and I bet you can guess what our theme is this week...'Red, White and Blue'! And the image I'm sponsoring is from "Bugaboo Stamps". It's called 'Ruby Calender Month -July USA' and can be found in the "Bugaboo Stamps" shop HERE! The sentiment I used on my card is one of my own.

Her are some closeups...


I love the way the ribbon turned out! I learned a new and very easy technique to ruffle the ribbon...basically with your sewing machine, you can stitch the ribbon down the middle and then pull and tug on the string tails on each side to achieve the ruffle affect you want. I think it turned out awesome! I used hot glue to secure it to the card, if anyone was wondering. I've heard you can use "Score-Tape" too if you prefer...but I love my hot glue gun...lol! And as for the layered stars...I finally dusted off my "Cricut" machine and I believe the cartridge I used was "Home Decor". And to think I almost decided to get rid of my "Cricut" a couple months ago...glad I kept it!

And I continued with the theme on the inside of course! Love these gorgeous summery July design papers from "DCWV"!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: Bugaboo Stamps "Ruby -Calender Month -July USA" digi stamp and sentiment is my own.
COLORING MEDIUM: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS
LAYOUT: CLP Sketch Challenge -Sketch #37
PAPERS: DCWV and Prima
EMBELLISHMENTS: Ribbon, faux star rhinestones and star decal stickers
TOOLS: Cricut machine w/Home Decor Cart, Cuttlebug machine, Spellbinders dies and sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles glitter and Glossy Accents

Photobucket"

This Card Will Be Entered into The Following Challenges:

CLP Sketch Challenge -"Sketch #37"
Cupcake Inspirations -"Inspirational Photo"
 Off The Wall Craftiness -"Photo Inspiration"
Catch The Bug -"Red, White and Blue"
Craft Your Passion -"Seeing Red"
Crafty Card Makers -"Spots and Stripes"
Die Cut Dreams -"Red, White and Blue"
Happileigh Scrappin -"Stars and Stripes"
Make it Monday -"Always Anything Goes"
Scrapaholic -"Red, White and Blue"
Squigglefly -"Red, White and Blue"
Stamping, Scrapping Challenge -"Red, White and Blue"
Woodware USA -"Patriotic Theme"
Kenny K's Krafty Girlz -"Hooray For Red, White and Blue"
Scrappy Frogs -"Simply Red"
Sentimental Sundays -"Patriotic -Use Colors of Nations Flag w/Sentiment"
Just Us Girls -"Patriotic 3D Theme"
Digis With Attitude -"Anything Goes"
Totally Papercrafts -"Spots and Stripes"
Craft Us Crazy -"Red, White and Blue or Summer"
Paper Crafting Journey -"Anything Goes"
Stamp Insanity -"Stars and Stripes"

I've been away from my blog for so long...I almost forgot how to blog...lol! Anyways, thanks for stopping by and for continuing to follow me in my absence!
Happy Crafting!

42 comments:

cg said...

So gorgeous! Love the papers and the stitching.

Michelle said...

Hi

A perfectly patriotic card!! Love the effect you created with the ribbon, looks terrific.

Thank you for sharing with us this week at Make It Monday.

Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning.

Michelle :o)

Carley said...

Hey Tracy!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card. I am so in love with Bugaboo stamps too! i loved it and meant to comment on it in out Paper Playtime FB group but I had such a crazy weekend! This card is literally breathtakingly beautiful! I also want to thank you for joining us at Scrapbookaholic by Abby! I may have to back out of this judging cycle because I might be a little biased to another queen ;)
Hugs
Carley

Hlora said...

oh it is so sweet! you always have the perfect paper for every image!! I love this card. I saw your project in "Make It Monday"

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just gorgeous, love the image & that ribbon looks fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week,
good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Carole of Brum said...

Fabulous card! I love your red white and blue theme, and the image is perfect. The ribbon came out beautifully, thanks for the tip about how to do that. Thanks for joining in with us at Dream Valley Challenges. CoB

Shirley-anne said...

Hi Tracey.Bright and breezy is this card .Love that ribbon work ! Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday.

Happileigh Scrappin' said...

Fantastic card, Love the stitching and the image is so funny. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Happileigh Scrappin' this week.

Susan said...

Fabulous card - love all the textures, layers and stitching with your cute image. Thanks for joining us over at Happileigh Scrappin' this week.

coops said...

fantastic card tracey.i love the fun image and your colours and design are stunning :D

xx coops xx

Paula said...

Lovely card - Thank you for taking the time to enter Crafty Cardmakers Challenge unfortunately our rules state that "You can combine your entry with a maximum of 9 other challenges (total 10 including us)" Your card wont be in with a chance to win the £10 vouchers.

Rene said...

Tracey! This is GORGEOUS!!!! So festive...makes me want to light a firework! And that ribbon is PERFECT!!! Thank you SO much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
Rene :D

Daisychain said...

Thanks for joining our stitching challenge at Creative Inspirations with such a lovely card. Good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Christine x

Joey said...

Hi Tracey

fantastic card, love the ruffled ribbon, thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts

Joey x

Chris said...

Ruby looks great in her patriotic attire. I always enjoy seeing what she's up to.
It's a great card thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Holly said...

Really fun card! You've got some great little embellishments that really catch the eye! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Shari said...

Tracy, your card is fabulous!! Love the colors, layers, embellishments and everything else that made this card one to remember. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Jagerbaurin said...

Hello,
a wonderful card have you done! I really like!
Thank you for participating in the creative stamp friends.
Greetings
Sabine

Joanne Gilch said...

Wonderful creation. thank you for joining the daisy doodles challenge

Mummylade said...

what an amazing card, love all the details. Thank you so much for playing along at Die Cut Dreams and good luck!

Ashley said...

Adorable Card!! I love that Stamp. Thanks for playing with us at Scrapbookaholic by Abby!!

Ashley

Eulanda said...

WOW I think you did a FABULOUS job!! This card definitely makes me wanna celebrate ... and I'm in Canada!! LOL!! Love the glitter on your image, that ribbon is so fun, ♥♥♥ the stitching and great take on the sketch at CLP Challenge this month. Thanks so much for joining us!! Hope to see you back! Hugs!

Maria Elena said...

Adorable card ! all stitchs are perfect !
Thanks for playing with us at S by Abby.
~Maria Elena~ DT
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Erica said...

Very beautiful card! I love the ribbon accent. Thanks for playing along with two of my DT's, Stamp Insanity and Cupcake Inspiration! Thanks! Erica

Sandy said...

Very patriotic, love all the embellishments, the ribbon is fab. I saw your card on Make It Monday, good luck,
Sandy

Sassy Scrapper said...

Fabulous patriotic card. I love it. The image, the colors and such a great take on the CLP sketch. Thank you for joining us in this months sketch challenge at CLP.
Hugs Bonnie
CLP Designer

Mary J said...

Tracey, it is always a pleasure to come and visit you - this is STUNNING!!!

Thx for sharing with us at the Make It Monday linky party!

Mary J x

Sammibug said...

Gorgeous card. Love the elements! Thank you for sharing your creation with us in our "Stars and Stripes" challenge at Daisy Doodles.

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

Well Hello there, Tracey! Good to hear you've had great weather and enjoyed it!! It's the same with me - I have been more occupied with spending time outdoors in warm, sunny weather and relaxing, than with hobbies.. My hobby stuff have been neglected for over a month now!.. But, well..that's okay. I've done my bit for the DTs I'm on, worked ahead before summer arrived here. :D

Now, onto your awesome card: when I first saw this on the CLP challenge blog, the colours told me this had to be a 4th of July card! LOL It's such a fab one - I love your work!! Thank you for entering the sketch challenge for June with us! Please, play along again next month, too!

Warm hugs sent your way from here up in the northern part of Norway!
Hege xx

Carlie M. said...

This is just...WOW! The ruffled effect on the ribbon is amazing! I love the stars! Great coloring! I love all of the stars!

I love coming to your blog and seeing all of your amazing creations!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

So wonderful and I love what you did with the ribbon! Thank you for playing at Happileigh scrappin' this week and good luck!
Hugs,
Georgia

Susan's crafty chaos said...

Fabulous card to get yourself back into crafting! Thanks so much for playing along with our Stars and Stripes challenge at StampInsanity :D

Elise said...

SUCH a festive card! Thanks for sharing your work with Just Us Girls!

Whimsey said...

What a fabulous card; love the DP and all those embellies - magnificent!

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Hugs,
Michele

Raven B said...

I'm really kind of in love with your blog. Okay wait strike that...dont you just hate when someone says "kind of" it totally takes away from the rest of the sentence. Okay rephrasing I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!! Your work is super awesome girl. LOVE this card you totally rocked it. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Scrapbookaholic By Abby. ;)
Hugs,
Raven

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely fabulous card the colours, design and image look amazing thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jackie said...

JJ looks amazing! I love how you used this image and all the little details that really makes the card pop. Amazing creation! Thank you for playing along with us this week at the Catch the Bug Challenge Blog!

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Addicted Scrapper said...

I love it!!! Thank you for joining us at Scrapbookaholic

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!

Lori said...

What a fun card! So glad you linked up at Craft Us Crazy!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I just love all of the details on your card, especially that fab ribbon. Thank you so much for playing along at OTWC.