Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WOYWW? #108 -Yard Work Edition!


Goodmorning everyone and for those of you who stopped by over from Julia's blog, Happy WOYWW!!

It's been about 4 weeks since I was able to last participate in WOYWW because I have been super busy lately...I've been so busy I almost forgot how to blog when I wrote up my blog post on Monday after being gone for so long...lol!

Anyways since I had been busy and away from my craftroom most of the time...I don't have anything from my workdesk to show you, but I decided I would show you all what I've been up to these past few weeks!

So this is my WOYWW/Yard Work edition...lol! 


As most of you know, we recently moved into a new house a few months ago. Well the house we moved into hadn't had anyone living in it for over a year and the person who lived here before us was a little old lady and was not able to take care of the upkeep on the outside of the house. So you can say it needed alot of TLC when we moved in...lol. So when the rain finally let up and the sun started shining on a regular basis we got to work on the outside of the house! Lots and lots of weeding, tilling trimming and planting and re-planting were needed. And I can now say I'm so happy we are finally done...well almost done and the house is looking beautiful again!

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about...here are some pics in particular of what the flower beds looked like that wrap around the entire house...


Most of the Rhododendrons that were planted were dying or dead and dried out...so we saved what we could and gave them some major trimming.

Here are the outer beds that are partially done after lots of hard work...


We also trimmed the Arborvitae along the drive way to let them bush out nice and evenly...which some of them are dying over toward the back which I don't think can be saved. I forgot to take a picture of what they looked like before we did all the work on them...but here is what they look like now...


Before we started doing all this work...I didn't realize how much needed to be done and how long it was going to take. I can say it has been exhausting...lol. But here are the flower beds and the outer portions after all we did to them...


For now that's what has been done...I'm hoping to have pics to show you here in the next couple of weeks of all the flowers we planted. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will bloom nicely, because I usually start my flowers in peat pots in the house before hand...but I decided to plant them right into the ground this time...lol.

While we were doing this...we also had a way of keeping the boys busy by giving them their very own little gardens to set up and plant. They had lots of fun! 


We're thinking about getting more of these cute little beds and putting them all along the back of the house like this. And next month we will be laying down stone for the barbeque grill...it's going to look really nice, I hope anyways!

Since I'm sharing pics of my oldest boys which are 7 and 9...I decided I will show you my littlest munchkin too...he is 4...


Well that's all from me for now...hopefully I didn't bore you all with this stuff...lol. But we're pretty excited to be almost done and I'm excited to finally be getting back to my regular schedule! My craft room missed me...lol! And I hope I can get back to joining in on WOYWW again! I have missed seeing what my fellow crafters are up to!

If you're wondering what WOYWW is all about, you can stop on by Julia's blog "The Stamping Ground" and join in on a blog hopping...or snooping journey to see what your fellow crafters are all up to every week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!

14 comments:

JoZart said...

Such a lovely post and one for the family album. Didn't you all do well for all that hard work? Well done!
JoZarty x

Helen said...

No wonder you haven't had time to blog! that is one serious transformation you - and the whole family- has made. Well done!!

S said...

Looks like you had all hands on deck - I am sure it feel great to have gotten so much accomplished.

sasa said...

What a fabulous post with great photos. Great work there and such amazing helpers...hope your new house will soon feel like home.
Hope you will call by Friday for the first My Mojo Monthly. Thanks for sharing today.
Sarah at 6.

sandra's crafty corner said...

fabulous piccies, looks like a lot of hard work
hugs sandra (58)

scrapwordsmom said...

Oh i think everything is turning out lovely. Really love those scalloped borders!!!

scrapwordsmom said...

By the way...you can come see my workdesk...I am #77!

nerllybird said...

Thanks for sharing, it's really interesting seeing the photos of your garden. Seems really strange that you're taking care of the bit right next to the road, lol! Over here that tends to be seen as rather daring! I hope all your hard work is rewarded, I bet it will look gorgeous when everything's in bloom.
Helen S

jude said...

youve done fab job on the garden and hopefully soon will see those flowers in bloom .The boys seem to have fun with there gardens.My 2 girls 2 yrsa ago started a veggie patch didnt think theyd keep going but hey yep they are grwoing alsorts this year from sweetcorn ,toms,strawberris cucmbers,and broad beans and peas.The pots weve had and were lovely.So good luck to the boys nd hope there wee gardens start to bloom too.!
hugs judex 88

Tertia said...

Gardening is very hard work, but some of my fondest memories as a child are from our family in the garden. So, time well spent, I say.
Happy WOYWW

okienurse said...

Awesome work you have been doing. I love gardening and wish I could do more. I love all the rearranging and saving of plants that you could. I am looking forward to watching the boys garden grow and how they react to them. Good luck with the barbeque pit. Vickie #39

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hey there! Thank you so much for your lovely, positive comments about my post yesterday, really appreciated it! We bought an old wreck of a house too and thought it was hard work doing it up, you get a great sense of achievement too. The pics of your boys made me smile - when my two were younger, they did the same and were always muddy! xxx

Angelfish said...

Wow! you've done a great job! I love those little beds:)

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

That is so cute, that your sons have their own garden to potter around in. Whew! That was a lot of work, but I am sure in a couple of weeks it'll be worth it! Patsy from
HeARTworks