Sunday, June 5, 2011

You Are My Sunshine -Pile It On Guest Designer -Summer Heaven Challenge!!


Hello everyone! 
I don't usually have much to post on the weekends as I'm usually spending time with the hubs and kiddos, but I was given the opportunity to be a guest designer for the month of June over at "Pile It On" challenges!! I just love "Pile It On" because their goal is to pile on as many challenges as you can get into one card, which I love to do...so I couldn't pass up the opportunity!! Plus their sponsor for this weeks "Summer Heaven" challenge is "Sassy Cheryl's Digital Art Stamps"!! Her stamps are super adorable and super fun to play with!

So onto the card...a little inspiration to get you started...


The image I used for my card is called "A Mother's Day Flower" and can be found in Cheryl's shop HERE

My pictures were just not wanting to turn out, but I added some diamond "Stickles" to the cute little image. I picked up those lucite flowers at Michael's during a sale they were having a few months back...and I should have got more while they were on sale, because when I went back to get more they are way expensive...lol!! But I just love, love, love them!

Here's some closeups...


As you can see I didn't include a sentiment as I usually do on the front because I just loved the way it looked without one. But I did put one on the inside. I didn't have any summertime stamps so I created one myself!


 CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: Sassy Cheryl's "A Mother's Day Flower" digi stamp and sentiment is my own.
COLORING MEDIUM: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS
LAYOUT: Your Next Stamp -Sketch #43
PAPERS: DCWV and Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Ribbon, faux rhinestones and lucite Flowers
TOOLS: Cuttlebug machine, Spellbinders dies, Fiskars border punch, Bow Easy and sewing machine  
OTHER: Stickles glitter

Photobucket

Sponsored this week by:

Now let's get to "Piling it on"...lol!!
This Card Will Be Entered into The Following Challenges:

Your Next Stamp -"Sketch"
Dutch Dare -"Photo Inspiration"
Catch The Bug -"Anything Goes"
Creations By GillM -"Pink and Green With Flowers"
One Stop Craft -"Texture"
Sweet Stampin -"Playin In The Summer Sun"
Wee Memories -"Anything Goes"
Inspire Me Fridays -"Always Anything Goes"
Stamp Something -"Use A Digi"
Wags N Whiskers -"Stitching"
Paper Crafting Journey -"Anything Goes"
Stamp Insanity -"Anything Goes"
Crafter's Companion -"Here Comes Summer"
ABC Challenge -"Variety 3 Different Embellishments"
Creative Craft World -"3 Or More Flowers"
Divas By Design -"Florals"
Penny's Paper Crafty -"Here Comes Summer"
Truly Scrumptious -"Summer Sparkle"
Party Time Tuesday -"Anything Goes"
Top Tip Tuesday -"Wrap It Up With Ribbon"
House Of Gilli -"Flowers"
Card Cupids -"3 Or More Layers"
Corrosive Challenge -"Summer Colours"
Crafty Ho's -"Summer: Let The Fun Begin"
Creative Cowgirls -"Summertime Fun"

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
ENJOY!!

26 comments:

Janeen said...

what a beautiful card and such a cute image. You chose the perfect accent flowers for this with the pinks adding to the pinks you used in her dress. Thanks for playing with Speedy the Cat's challenge and good luck in the drawing.

Jacq said...

Hi Tracey,
This is just absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the cute little image, the dp's, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design and Good Luck.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

Winnie and Patty said...

What a lovely card Tracey!! I love the cute little girl and all the details! Wonderful job!! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

Crafterkhush said...

Beautiful card Tracey... fab colors...!!

Regan said...

Very sweet! What an adorable image and fabulous papers! I love how you used the designer paper on the inside of the card too! And those flowers definitely are a lovely addition! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)

Cindy said...

This card is fantastic! I love the little image and the colors you used are great! Thanks for joining us at PCJ this week.

Hugs -- Cindy

coops said...

fantastic card tracy.the image is gorgeous and i love your bright colours and stunning details ;D

xx coops xx

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Gorgeous creation dear.

Gina said...

Now that's how I plan spending my summer (except no shoes:D)!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Cowgirls XXX

Zulma said...

This is so beautiful Tracey! cute image, nice color combo, love the stitches (nice touch). Thanks for sharing with us at The Corrosive Challenge this week.
Zulma DT

Marianne said...

Such a terrific card! Love the stitching, the colors together and the beautiful bow and sweet image!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Cowgirls challenge!
Marianne

Lori said...

Wow, I love this card. From the adorable image to the wonderfully fun papers and the gems and little rosebuds...it's all awesome. Everything fits together perfectly. Great GREEAATT job! And way to go combining all of those challenges. thanks for making Catch the Bug one of them. I hope you'll join us again.
Lori

Gill McCall said...

what a beautiful card and so fitting for my challenge this week. thanks for playing along and hope to see you back again real soon
http;//creationsbygillm.blogspot.com

Tracey T said...

This is stunning, Tracey! I love the image and the colours you have chosen, but what really stands out for me is the way that you have put your card together - it is so beautifully and carefully made. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week and for sharing your gorgeous card with us. Tracey x

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful creation. Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin this week! xx Jenny xx

Samantha said...

Great card, Fabulous ribbon and stitching!! thanks for joining in with us on the Top Tip Tuesday challenge this week, Samantha :0)

redwasher1 said...

WOW! What a gorgeous card and image!!!
Thanks for sharing your awesome card with us at Speedy's Friends.

Julye said...

Fab card love all the details thanks for sharing with us all here at Penny's.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful Card! Thanks for playing along at Catch the Bug this week.

Jenn said...

Love your layers!!! Thanks for joining us at Card Cupids this week!!

~Jenn~

Tammy Miller said...

A pretty card. Lovely colors and cute image. Thank you for joining us Catch the Bug Challenge blog for our Anything Goes Challenge! I hope you will join us again and good luck!

Kasia said...

Fantastic card!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! So precious!! Such a lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week! *Vicki* ~ Sr. DT member

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

Tracy this is so adorable. Look at that cute image and those amazing papers. I like how you did the flowers on the card for the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along in Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge. Good luck in the drawing for the stamp set. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Mark's Finest Papers DT

Janet said...

What a gorgeous card! I love your pictures of it! Thanks for joining us at Creative Cowgirls. Janet DT

Beth said...

Oh I love this card! The image is fab and I love the stitching detail! I especially love the sentiment you've made - what are these gorgeous fonts? Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

Love Beth xx