Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Best Wishes -A Sugar Bowl Challenge Sketch!!


Brrr...sitting here eating a pipin' hot Cup-o-Noodle with the heat in my house turned up as high as possible!! It is officially fall here in Oregon and we have been having freezing rain for the last couple days now! And to think just last week I had the air conditioning going! But I have to say this is my favorite time of year...I know I'm crazy, but I will take cooler weather over hot weather anyday! I love it! Plus it gives me a chance to sit here in my recliner cuddled up in my blanket while enjoying a relaxing and I might add lazy day blog hopping...lol!

Anyways...you didn't come here for the chit chat...so onto my card and the sketch! I got me some Sugar Nellie Stamps awhile back and never got around to mounting them until now...I know I procrastinate a lot! And what a perfect time to get them mounted too because they have an awesome sketch to play with over at "The Sugar Bowl Challenge" blog!


Here is the Sketch...which I flipped on it's side for my card...


The stamp I used for my card is called "Believe" and can be found in the "Funky Kits" shop HERE! I originally wanted to follow the optional theme with the sketch which is "Autumn" and was going to make a Halloween themed card...but then I started getting a little too girly and my card took on a mind of it's own...lol. But it still turned out adorable and done in my fav colors too, which are purple and turquoise!!


I went on a little flower crafting spree awhile back and got me a bunch of punches, dies, paints, etc...to start making my own flowers. So the flowers on this card are ones I made myself awhile back and I made a bunch of them in all kinds of different colors too! Once you start making flowers, you just can't stop...lol. 

For these ones, I used a flower shape on one of my Cricut carts...I think I used the "Picturesque" cart. I then spray painted them with a shimmery metallic concoction I mixed up...yes I'm poor and can't afford to buy glimmer mist sprays...lol. But I think they are beautiful and turned out super shimmery!


My scrunched up seam binding ribbon turned out a little wonky...so I covered it up with one of my fav Lucite flowers!! I have to get me some more of these...I love them!
For the inside message panel I stamped the image again with metallic silver ink, then sparkled it up with Stickles! I didn't want to crowd up the front of the card with a sentiment...so I stamped it on the inside!


I think I like this method so much better...and will leave me a lot more room to decorate the front...lol!!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: Sugar Nellie Stamp -"Believe" and sentiment is a "Stampendous" stamp
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS, Memento ink and "ColorBox" pigment ink
LAYOUT: The Sugar Bowl -"Sketch Challenge #68"
PAPERS: DCWV, K&Company and Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Vintage seam binding ribbon, Lucite flowers, Sequin heart, Crystal stem from "WOC", My own handmade paper flowers and flat back pearls
TOOLS: Cricut machine and "Picturesque" cart, Sewing machine and Easy Bow maker
OTHER: Stickles, Metallic paint, Iridescent Medium, and the sentiment was heat embossed with Kaleidoscope powder

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
The Sugar Bowl -"Sketch Challenge #68"
The Outlawz -"Tuesday Color Challenge"
Anything Goes Challenge -"Anything Goes"
Bearly-Mine Challenges -"3x Design/Backing Papers"
Scrap-Creations -"It's a Girl Thing"
Jen's Digi Stamps -"Let's Hear it For the Girls"
Party Time Tuesdays -"Anything Goes"
Crafty Boots Challenges -"Things With Wings"
Critter Sketch -"Anything Goes"
Make it Monday -"Always Anything Goes"
Hippity With Ippity -"Buttons, Bows or Bling"
Sparkles Forum -"Something That Sparkles"
The Crafty Pad -"Stitching"

Thanks for Stopping by!!
Happy Crafting!!

19 comments:

Mary said...

I love your cards. I've been following you for awhile. I love all the details. I get lost just staring at everything! I bought stickles this week for the first time because of you! hehehe I need to learn to make more flowers. They just add so much to a card! Thanks for sharing and for writing up all the details so often! I appreciate it!

Juls said...

I do love this SN image, the colours you have used are just gorgeous!! and I love all the added sparkle! such a fabulous card! Hugs Juls

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous card lots of lovely sparkles thank you for joining us at Sparkles Challenges hope you will join again soon, good luck x

melissac said...

I LOVE your card!! All the sparkle is simply gorgeous!! Thanks for playing with us at Get Hippity with Ippity!! I hope you'll join us again!! Blessings!

coops said...

fantastic card tracey.your colours and details are stunning and i love the image :D

xx coops xx

Cor* said...

This is flipping amazing Tracey. I love all the details! Fantastic colors and design! That inside is GORGEOUS. Flowers are beauts and that seam binding 'scrunching gone wrong' looks perfect! I too procrastinate with mounting, but when it's all done you get to play!! So worth it!

Rene said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love the layout, that heart is FABULOUS and your image is too sweet! Plus the inside is just as pretty!
Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! To win a prize from our sponsor, just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Rene :D

marilynprestonn said...

Wow, this is such a neat card. Love all the beautiful purple going on and the roses arrangement too.

Thank you for joining Party Time Tuesdays, and good luck! :)Peggy

Dawn said...

Love it! Purple is my fav colour! I love your layout, flowers & stitching too!
Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week in our Stitching Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Lovely card, I particularly like the colours you have used.

Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne

Sharon said...

Wow, this is fabulous. Love the layout and your colouring. Thanks for joining in the fun at Anything Goes this week, hugs Sharon

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Wow gorgeous creation.

Crafty and Green said...

AMAZING CARD!! I LOVE THE COLORS!! Thanks for playing with us over at Jens Digi Stamps! s

Cathy said...

Fabulous card, love that colour combination, and great details.
Thank you for joining in the Sugar Bowl this time.
Cathy xx

Lorraine said...

Wow! Tracey. That's fabulous. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

gina g said...

Wow i love this hun its stunning, beautiful work. Thanks for sharing with us at Bearly Mine this time and good luck. luv gina xx

Shawnee said...

Amazing Card!! I love the colors and all the details. Beautiful job! Thank you for joining us at Jens Digi Stamps Challenge.

Blessings,
Shawnee

Jackie said...

Fabby card, love the ribbon bow, and great image. Thank you for joining in the fun at Bearly Mine, this time, good luck, hugs Jackie x

tiggertastic said...

what a fantastic colour combination and stunning papers you have used

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft