Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Classic Beauty -Covered Moleskine Journal!


So I'm finally back in my craft room and churning out creations again!! I don't have a card to share today but something equally as special! I bought these Moleskine journals awhile back and was going to decorate them and give them away as gifts. Well they've been sitting on my shelves for months just collecting dust while my mojo disappeared and took what seemed like an indefinite vacation...lol. So I decided I would start on the journals first thing!

They come in a set of 3 and I'm planning on making 1 for my mom, my aunt and my grandma. The one I'm sharing today is one I made for my mom! Can you tell what her favorite colors are??


I went on a mini shopping spree awhile back and got me a bunch of Kraftin Kimmie stamps and never got a chance to use them until now...I've been procrastinating on mounting them...lol. I had my mom in mind when I seen this one and just had to get it!! She loves the beauty bombshell type stuff!! And I just envisioned the dress in her favorite colors which are black and red! 

 More views of the journal and from the inside too!


 The stamp I used is called "Annette" and can be found in Kraftin Kimmies Shop HERE! Isn't she just beautiful?!! And the sentiment is one I custom made to go with this image!

More up close views...


I've recently discovered some new sparkly stuff...which may be a bad thing...lol!! You all know I love my Stickles but I found this stuff called "Iridescent Medium" at Michael's and I just had to try it!! I used a paint brush to paint some on the flowers...the pictures don't show it correctly but they are really shimmery!!

JOURNAL INGREDIENTS

SIZE: 5 x 8 1/4
STAMPS: Kraftin Kimmie Stamps -"Annette" and digi Sentiment is my own design
COLORING MEDIUM: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS
INK: Tuxedo Black Memento ink
PAPERS: DCWV and Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Rhinestones, glittery flat back button, satin and mesh ribbons and all flowers and gem trees are from "WOC"
TOOLS: Spellbinders Dies, Cuttlebug Machine, Sewing machine and Easy Bow maker
OTHER: Stickles and Iridescent medium


JOURNAL WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Anything Goes Challenge -"Anything Goes"
Digital Tuesdays -"People Images w/ Digital Sentiment"
Scrap-Creations -"Anything Goes"
Flourishes -"All Dolled Up"
Jen's Digi Stamps -"Anything But a Card"
Kreative Stamp Friends -"Anything But a Card"
Die Cut Dreams -"Flower Power (at least 5 Flowers)"
House of Gilli -"Embossing"
Make it Monday -"Always Anything Goes"
Stamp With Fun -"Anything Goes"
Card Cupids -"Anything Goes"
Corrosive Challenges -"Punches and or Dies"
Lollipop Crafts -"Anything Goes"
Allsorts Challenge -"Recycle or Alter Something"
Designed 2 Delight -"Girls and Glitter"

Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Crafting!!

25 comments:

Heather Jensen said...

VaVaVoom! She is one sexy lady. Great job altering the notebook. :)

Chrissy said...

Beautiful note book Tracey, love the bow and fabulous image, te colour combo is gorgeous.Your Mum will love it.

Luv CHRISSYxx

brenda said...

A fabby little book Tracey, thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Beate said...

Wow! What a gorgeous notebook Tracey! I LOVE it. I bet your Mom will too!
Hugs and smiles

Rene said...

WOW! This is just STUNNING!!!!
Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Rene :D

Nicola said...

Beautiful decoration of this fab journal, your mum will love it, especially in her favourite colours and with such a great image on the front too!
Thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts for my Alter/Recycle challenge and good luck!
Love Nicola xxx

Joanie said...

Beautifully decorated, love that image, thanks for joining us at Anything Goes

Kathleen said...

What a fabby little book, your mum will be sure to love it, I do!! I think your mojo is definitely back. Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
Hugs Kat
AGDT

Theresa said...

WOWZERS!! What a fabulous cover on this notebook. I wouldn't want anyone to touch it. Beautifully done!! Thanks for joining us at FTTC.

Lori said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! This is so FABULOUS Tracey! Awesome work!!! I HAVE to check out your shop *blushing* I haven't done that yet...

Happy Crafting : )

Love n hugs,
Lori

Mel said...

Fabulous creation, love the colors. Really beautifully done. Thank you for joining us at House of Gilli challenges.

Fleur said...

A gorgeous book, great detail and a fab colour combo.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Betty Wright said...

Tres Chic and fabulous, Tracey! You knocked the ALL DOLLED UP out of the park! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC All Dolled Up Challenge this week!

Victoria said...

woo-hoo what a fab journal. Love the image and the colours you've teamed it up with

Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams for our flowers challenge

Hugs
Victoria
x

Merry said...

This is really beautiful and such a fantastic gift idea....I am sure your Mum will love it. The box is terrific. Saw you on Make it Monday.

Lola said...

I know these will truly be appreciated. Just so pretty with so many lovely details and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Designed2Delight.

Alanna said...

What a darling journal. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts.

Lisa Kind said...

This is very pretty! I love the colors and all your beautiful embellishments! I think your mom will love this journal!

Meg said...

This is adorable - love the colors and the stamp you used. Thanks for joining us at Jen's Digi Challenge!

Katja said...

Absolutely beautiful and what a wonderful creative idea.

Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Stamp Friends.

Hugs, Katja

Mary J said...

Really stunning Tracey! Thx for linking up to the Make It Monday party!

Mary J x

Kristen said...

Gorgeous journal. Thanks for playing in this weeks anything goes with going grey with scrap-creations!

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful sweet work !!thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs
tina46
swf-dt

Silke Ledlow said...

WOWZER...totally girly! Love this design! Thanks for playing the FTTC with us...hugs ~S~

Linda Palmer said...

This is a stunning journal, so beautiful and I love it. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge.