Friday, September 23, 2011

Everything is Better With a Friend -Fairy Fun Fridays -Challenge #62...Pink and Distressed


After a little break, I'm so happy to say I'm back with Prairie Fairy Fridays Challenge!! The whole team has actually been taking turns with little breaks during the summer but now we are all back to play and hopefully inspire you to all play along too!!

Debs is our hostess this time around and she wants us all to create something...
"Pink and Distressed"


I usually don't do a lot of distressing or use a lot of pink for that matter so this challenge was...well kinda challenging for me...lol. But I got to say, while purple or darker colors are my favorite...I think I'm falling in love with pink now! And I think the distressing turned out beautifully!

For my card I used an adorable Gilly image called "Purrfect Friends" which can be found in the Prairie Fairy Designs shop HERE!

Some close-ups....


Not sure if you can really tell from the pics...but I've recently fallen in love with this stuff called "Iridescent Medium" and I just love the way it shimmers!! I used a paint brush and just painted it all over the card, seam binding and a little on the mesh sticking out in the corner to make it stand out a little more! I also like that the paper gets kinda hard and stiff in the spots where I paint it on...which I like the ends to be stiff when I have distressed the paper! 

For my shimmer I used to use smooch spritz...but I go a little overboard sometimes when it comes to sparkly things and I go through those tiny bottles like water...lol. And they are expensive!!

You can find the "Iridescent Medium" in the paint section at Michael's for around $8...which is much better then paying $5 for a very tiny spritz bottle that basically does the same thing if all you are trying to achieve is shimmer! And with painting it on...you have much more control and that bottle will last me forever!

Anyways onto the rest of the card...the inside is of course all dolled up too!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: Prairie Fairy Designs digi stamp -"Purrrfect Friends" and sentiment is a "Hero Arts" stamp
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS, "ColorBox" pigment ink for the sentiment and Tim Holtz dirtessing ink
LAYOUT: CLP Sketch Challenge -"Sketch #40"
PAPERS: DCWV and Recollections
EMBELLISHMENTS: Rhinestones, vintage seam binding, paper doily, lace, Lucite flowers, brads and my own handcrafted beaded trinket pin
TOOLS: Spellbinders Dies, Sizzix Die, Cuttlebug Machine, Sewing machine and Easy Bow maker
OTHER: Stickles, Iridescent Medium, Glossy Accents and the sentiment was heat embossed with iridescent powder


I had so much fun with this challenge and you will too! So be sure to stop on by the Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge blog, check out all the other wonderful inspiration the Fairy Princesses have come up with and join in the fun too...you just might be one of the lucky winners of Roberta's digi stamp prizes!!

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

CLP Sketch Challenge -"Sketch #40"
The Pink Elephant -"Photo Inspiration"
Simon Says Stamp Challenge -"Dies to Die For"
OLLCB -"Punches and/or Dies"
Moving Along With The Times -"Recipe (3 Design Papers, 2 Diff Embellishments and 1 Images)"
The Paper Shelter -"Anything Goes"
Crafty Ribbons -"Anything Goes"
The Squirrel and The Fox -"Anything Goes"
Southern Girls Challenge -"Anything Goes"
DigiStamps 4 Joy -"Anything Goes"
Inspire Me Fridays -"Always Anything Goes"

Thanks So Much For Stopping By!
Happy Crafting!!

20 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Tracey.Thanks for sharing this with us at OLL.xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Cute image!! I'm loving the embellishments too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter!
*Like us on Facebook!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Tracey, love the colours and cute image,all the details...lovely.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dot said...

This is tooo lovely,Tracey. Wonderful details! Beautiful card outside and in side.
Wishing you a great weekend.
Dorte,xx

Hannah Clark said...

Your cards are always so amazing! I love all the layers and embellishments on this! There's just so much delightful pink!

Marilou said...

This card is incredible Tracey!! I always love stopping by and taking a peak at your lovely work. It's so inspiring to me! You put in so much work and detail that they are stunning!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment for one of my cards too. They are such an honor, coming from some one with your talent!

Hugs,
Marilou
www.porchswingdesigns.blogspot.com

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW this is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining our 'Lace' challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers. We hope you'll join us again real soon!

Darlene
WnW DT

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card - love the cute litle image and those gorgeous flowers
Thanks for joining us for our recipe challenge this week at MAWTT
Lisa x

gina g said...

Oh my goodness this is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons for our challenge and good luck. luv gina xx

Melanie said...

Beautiful card. Amazing detail. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!

thanks so much for joining us at TPS this week…………..

Hugs
Judith

Ellis said...

Fantastic card you've made and great layers! =)
Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4joy!
Hugs, Elenor

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is a stunning card, I love everything about it and that irridescent medium is brilliant, Thanks for playing with our recipe on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Gorgeous card inside & out!! Love all the fabulous detail. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant!!

Mandy said...

Oh wow beautiful card Tracey, I love little Gillian and the colours and embellies are gorgeous hun.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our punches & / or dies challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Tracey - love the image and your fabulous coloring.
Thanks for cooking up my recipe challenge at MAWTT this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Autumn said...

Fantastic coloring and stunning details hun, love this!
xxAutumn

Linda said...

What a stunning Card, and I love your blog too :-)

Thanks for playing along with The Squirrel and The Fox, hope we'll see you again soon!

Linda x

Lizy said...

Absolutely stunning card Tracey!

Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this week! :)
Lizy DT x

Starla B. said...

Absolutely fabulous!! Thanks for playing with us at Digistamps 4 Joy!

xx Star