Friday, September 30, 2011

I Love You So Much! -Sketch Saturday Challenge #174 w/Lili Of The Valley Stamp!


If you're looking for the mid-week post for "Fairy Fun Fridays", please scroll down to the previous post!

.....................................................................................................

I'm back for a second time today with another card to share...yes my mojo is officially back and hopefully will be non-stop!!

I meant to get this posted and linked up yesterday, but one of my boys had an eye appointment and then hubs decided to let me splurge a little at Michael's...and you know me and shopping...so we didn't get home until really late!!

Anyways, I made a card for the sketch they have over at "Sketch Saturday"...I know I'm cutting it real close for this weeks deadline, so hopefully I get it in on time!! If not I still had fun with it anyways! It's been awhile since I was able to play along with their challenge and I almost forgot just how talented their team is with all the awesome inspiration! They even have a DT Call going on right now...I'm thinking about applying. Will have to talk it over with the hubs first!

Here's my card...


And the sketch...


The stamp I used is from "Lili of the Valley" called "Rosie Posy"...isn't she just darling?!! I actually got me a bunch of their stamps at the beginning of the year and I'm just now getting around to mounting them all! Mounting stamps is obviously not my favorite thing...lol. I'm hoping someday I will stay ahead of the game and actually stay current with new released stamps...but until then, they are still fun to play with and ink up new or old!!


I really like how the distressing turned out on this one...I don't do distressing all that much, but I think it's starting to grow on me! But you know me I always got to have some sparkle somewhere...lol!

All the flowers are from "Wild Orchard Crafts" of course and so are the transparent leaves, flat back pearls and the gold heart shaped crystal stem...you can probably tell I'm addicted to those things!!

The sentiment is from a gorgeous set of sentiments I got from "Papertrey Ink" called "Signature Greeting". If you haven't had the pleasure of working with their stamps...you're missing out! I think they have the best style, assortment and intricately detailed sentiment stamps ever! Their prices are awesome and they stamp real nice and clean! And not only that but the sets all come with their own CD holder case with a way to keep them all organized too!


Onto the inside...


I'm starting to really like the way it looks with the image stamped on the inside message panel!!


I think I will continue with this way of doing the inside!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: "Lili of the Valley" called "Rosie Posy" and sentiment is from "Papertrey Ink" in a set called "Signature Greeting" 
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink for the image, ColorBox Burnt Copper pigment ink for the sentiment and inside image and Tim Holtz distress inks in Walnut Stain and Tea Dye
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #174"
PAPERS: K&Company and DCWV
EMBELLISHMENTS: Flowers, leaves, flat back pearls and Crystal stem from "WOC"
TOOLS: Spellbinders Dies (Lacey Circles, Circles and Fancy Tags), Cuttlebug Machine, Tim Holtz distressing blade and Sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles glitter 


CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #174"
Penny's Paper Crafty -"Anything Goes"
Crafty Purple Frog -"Lot of Layers"
Meljens Designs -"Use a Cirlce and a Square in the Same Creation"
Paper Crafting Journey -"Die Cuts and/or Punches"
Crafts and Me -"Flowers"
Crafts 4 Eternity -"Anything Goes"
Forever Night Challenges -"Anything Goes"
Alphabet Challenge -"R is for Recipe (1x Image, 2x Papers and 3x Flowers)"

Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Crafting!!
 

22 comments:

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Wow gorgeous creation dear.

Cor* said...

HOLY FLIP GIRL! this is amazing. So many glorious details. I adore your color palette. You HAVE To apply for the DT. You are sure to get in !! I love how you pay much attention to every aspect of your card! TFS!

Scrappy Scatty said...

what a lovely card thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
Love Jan
xx

Bente said...

Wonderful card!!
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week.
Hugs, Bente

Shelby said...

Beautiful beautiful design! Love all of the intricate details. The colors are just WOW. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty for our anything goes challenge.

Shelby

pinky said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

coops said...

fantastic card tracey.i love your gorgeous colours and sparkle and the image is so sweet :D

xx coops xx

Abbie721 said...

Such a stunning card, the image is just gorgeous, great color as well xx

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card! Beautiful colours and image! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Sweetncrafty Gal said...

Hiya, what a lovely card, i love the colours and the papers you've used! thanks for joining this week at Charisma Cardz with our 'Love' challenge! good luck carlyann xx (Charisma Cardz DT/Owner)

Elise said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous! Love the color combo and all of your delicious details! STUNNING!

Hugs,
Elise

PinkAngelCrafts said...

Holy macaroni!!

This is amazing! I'm abit stuck for words!

The colours are fab so are the papers and the colouring is ace!

(Not so stuck after all was i hehe)

Thank you for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz and good luck!

michele said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

Posh Cat Crafts said...

So many beautiful details!! Such a scummy card.. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge
Hugs
Tamara

Christel said...

You´ve made a fabolus card and I love the colours. Your photos are fab as well! Love the scetch!
Thanks for joining charisma cardz this week.
Christel

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Charisma this week!.

Lisa x

clare brown said...

your card is just stunning amd rosie posie is one of my favourite lotv images.goodluck at charisma this week

Gram's Treasures said...

Oooooh, love the colours you have used on this one! Great card design too. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma.
Joyce xx

Robin Parker said...

Wow, there are so many lovely things to look at on your creation. Love the gold and purple color combination. Also the image on the inside of card. Thanks for sharing on the Meljen's Design Challenge.

Wendy said...

Oh WOW! I am totally in love with your card! Super pretty!!

Thank you for joining us over at The Paper Crafting Journey!

Hugs,
Wendy

tiggertastic said...

this is breathtaking, amazing, stunning and so rich in colour

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

Mona E said...

Oh my goodness! I am totally in love with this card. Fantastic job on this, Tracey! Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Purple Frog. Hugs...Mona