Saturday, October 29, 2011

Best Witches for a Happy Halloween! -Sketch Saturday Challenge #179!!


Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!!
As I write this, my weekend hasn't even started yet...lol...I'm most likely in bed when this posts! I'm definitely looking forward to the weekend...for it to be over anyways!! This may be the first time I can't wait for Monday to get here, as Halloween is on Monday...lol!! My boys actually picked out some scary costumes this year! They usually go as cartoon characters or something cute, but I guess since they are a little older now, they want to be scary! One is going as a zombie, one as a monster and my littlest is going as a skelebones!! I just can't wait for the (their) candy...I'm so bad...and besides they would never be able to eat it all themselves! Reese's are my fav!! :D

In other news...my 8 year old fractured his arm on Thursday while he was at school so he has a temporary splint and wrap until he gets his cast. All he could think about was how much cooler his zombie costume is going to look with his wrapped arm...lol! He has little pain but he is doing fine and I'm a little less stressed knowing he will not need surgery!

Anyways...onto my card and what you're really here for...lol! Since it's Saturday, that means it's time for a new challenge and new sketch at "Sketch Saturday"!! I absolutely had so much fun with this sketch...lots of ways you could play around with this one!


Hope my card inspired you to play along too!

Here's the sketch...be sure to stop over and check out all the the other wonderful inspiration the team has come up with!!


This week we are sponsored by the "Craft Barn"!


This weeks lucky winner will receive a pack of 6 Flexmarkers worth over £15!



This is my very first and last Halloween card of the year...which I'm so sad about, because Halloween cards are so much fun to create!! But I just didn't seem to find the time this year to make more. Oh well there's always next year!

The super adorable image I used for my card is a digi stamp from Roberta's shop "Prairie Fairy Designs"! She is "Witchy Gillian" and can be found in the shop HERE!


The sentiment is one I created myself to match the image...I love the way it turned out! I don't really like how the pictures turned out however. Most of the papers I used for my card are really glittery and sparkly and the ribbon as well...but you can't really tell from the pics. The spiders are actually some spider rings I bought for the kiddos and just clipped the ring parts off...lol! I finally got a chance to use my new 'Gothic Fence' border punch from "Martha Stewart"! And as with all of Roberta's Gilly images wearing glasses...I used Glossy accents for her eyes. Her cape, boots and broom have a bit of Stickles for even more sparkle!


All the buttons I use are from "Button Bonanza"!

I kept it kinda simple on the inside to show off the cool purple paper with the bats!


I added another spider on the message panel...Doesn't it look cool?!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: Prairie Fiary Designs Digi Stamp -"Witchy Gilly" and Sentiment is my own
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS. White gel pen for highlights.
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #179"
PAPERS: DCWV & Prima
EMBELLISHMENTS: "Button Bonanza" buttons, spider rings from stash, green checkered ribbon and glittery purple ribbon
TOOLS: Spellbinders dies (Circles), Cuttlebug Spider Web embossing folder, Cuttlebug Machine, "Martha Stewart" Gothic Fence border punch, Easy bow maker and Sewing machine
OTHER:Stickles , Glossy Accents and pop up 3D Dimensionals


CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Crafty Catz -"Halloween"
Fussy and Fancy -"3 B's -Black, Border Punch and Bling"
Glitter Geeks -"Ghosts and Ghouls, Spiders and Spooks"
Card Makin' Mamas -"Cut it Out (Use Die Cuts)"
Totally Paper Crafts -"Glitter It"
Wags 'n Whickers -"Black Plus Ribbons or Pearls"
Delightful Sketches -"Purple, Orange, Green and Black"
Charisma Cardz -"Anything Goes"
Fab 'n' Funky -"Halloween"

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

18 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Tracey
A fabulous and fantastic card for this week's challenge over at CraftyCatz,thankyou for sharing this with us
Hugs Dianne xx

Jilli said...

Wow! I love all the sparkle on your card. Great papers, colours and image. The spiders look amazing ... nice little touch! Hope the little one is feeling OK ... you made me smile about him looking cooler with his arm wrapped up ... that's the sort of thing i'd think about. xxx

s4rah said...

Cool card Tracey, I love your colouring. Congratulations on your win last week & thanks for joining us again at Glitter Geeks!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi there what an amazing card, love the image and the fab embossing , such a dynamic card

Marie

Jennifer Scull said...

everything about your card is so impressive! it's as darling as could possibly be!
thank you so much for joining our costume challenge at Jellypark Friends. :)

shell said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Shell xx

Christine said...

This is an absolutely fabulous card Tracey!! You've got a fantastic talent at making a card come together. Your combo of papers and embellishments are fantastic!! Please come by the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog this week and enter. It's an anything goes challenge and we would love to have you join us!
xoxo, Christine

coops said...

fantastic card tracey.i love the fun image and your bold colours and details are stunning :D

xx coops xx

Ani said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the colour combo!
Hugs, Ani
I have a giveaway on my blog in case you are interested - http://beautifulworld-ani.blogspot.com

Faye said...

Well it's always worthwhile fracturing an arm to make a costume look good! ;)
This is such an awesome card. I've spent ages looking at all the fab little details. Brill colouring too. xxx

Paulagriff said...

Oh wow this is fabulous!! The details you've put in are stunning as is your colouring, fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks this week, Paula :)

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

This is so cute, love the colours and the little witch is so cute
Lindsay xx

Rebekah said...

Oh Tracey this is fab such stunning colours! I'm bad for my kids candy too! They always bring home a tonne of it and after all I'm saving their little teeth lol! Hugs Rebekah xx

Janette said...

This is a fabullous card, love the image and all the wonderful embellishments, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Tip Top said...

Such a great image and do like all the colours! Thank you for joining in at Jellypark Friends Friday Challenge – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Jellypark Challenges

Nelly's Crafty Card Attack! said...

love this card Tracey, beautifully done and I just love the character!....Thanks for joining in this week glitter Geeks Challenge...Nelly :)

Marfa said...

What an adorable card. I can tell that you put so much thought and work into it. Great job. Thanks for joining us this week at Glitter Geeks.

Céline said...

cute card, love the image
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
hugs
céline dt member