Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy World Cardmaking Day!! With "Lili of the Valley"!!


It's national World Card Making Day!!! 
Today kicks off the beginning of the busiest card making season of the year!!

Since hubs had to work today, I originally planned to clean up my craft room and organize my card stock and scrap paper...but then remembered, it's World Card Making Day!! So I couldn't pass up the chance to make a card on this special day and who really wants to clean anyways???!! 

Plus "Lili Of The Valley" is having a special giveaway that runs from today until October 8th to celebrate this busy day!! 


Their giving away "Lili of the Valley" stamps of the winners choice and all their asking is for you to link up your favorite "Lil of the Valley" card to date or you can make a new one for a chance to win even more stamps!!

So I already linked up an older card and spent my time today making a new one for this special occasion...now I'll just keep my fingers crossed...lol!!  
Be sure to spread the word everyone and get those cards linked up!!

Here's my card...and I finished it just in time, cause I still have time to cook the chicken for dinner tonight...yummay!!


Since the challenge blog for "Lili of the Valley" is running a current challenge asking for buttons...I chose to use them for my card instead of flowers! I think I may have went a little over board with the buttons...lol...but I think it turned out really cute!


The image I used for my card is called "Birthday Fairy" and can be found in the shop HERE! The sentiment is also from "Lil of the Valley"...it has been heat embossed. I'm in love with these adorable stamps!! I'm getting all my stamps mounted slowly but surely...lol!! I'm determined to get them done and inked up!!

The layout I used is from my favorite sketch challenge blog over at "CLP Challenges". She always has the most beautiful layouts!

Some other views...


Since I decided to go with a birthday card, I thought the color palette for the current challenge they have going over at "Some Odd Girl" would go perfectly with this stamp and the paper I wanted to use! They're also another company that has adorable stamps...I don't currently own any, but hope to get me some soon!

Color palette...


I used more of that adorable heart patterned paper on the inside...I love it!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: Lili Of The Valley Stamp and sentiment -"Birthday Fairy" the sentiment can be found in this set "Here"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS, Tuxedo black "Memento" ink for the image and Black pigment ink from "ColorBox" for the sentiment
LAYOUT: CLP Sketch Challenge -"Sketch #41"
PAPERS: Recollection and DCWV
EMBELLISHMENTS: "Button Bonanza" buttons, Acrylic dew drops, glittery satin ribbon from "Micheal's Crafts"
TOOLS: Spellbinders Dies (Squares and Big Square Scallops), "Stampin' Up" word window punch, "Fiskars" scalloped border punch, Cuttlebug Machine, embossing heat gun and Sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles, Glossy Accents, embossing powder and pop up 3d Dimensionals


CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

CLP Sketch Challenge -"October Sketch #41"
Some Odd Girl -"Color Inspiration Photo"
Catch The Bug -"Anything Goes October"
CES Challenges -"Totally Gorjuss/Pretty Girls"
Designed 2 Delight -"Use Colored Pencils"
Crafty Catz -"Things With Wings"
Stampin For The Weekend -"What a Cutie"
Fab 'n' Funky -"Recipe Challenge (1 Ribbon, 2 Patterned Papers and 3 Buttons, Brads or Bling)"

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Happy Crafting All!!

22 comments:

Chrissy said...

Beautiful papers Tracey, such gorgeous colours and an adorable image...Fabulous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

carol said...

Hello Tracey, gorgeous card, great colours, thanks for joining us at CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

Tracey said...

Absolutely stunning card Tracey, I love the colours & your photos are fabulous too!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card, just love the bright colours they are great!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

coops said...

fantastic card tracey.your bright fun colours are just stunning and i love the gorgeous image and design :D

xx coops xx

Curlybear said...

OMGosh this is a wonderful creation, beautiful colour theme and image , its just perfect for our challenge this week,

thank you so much for joining us at the Crafty Catz Challenge
Things With Wings and we hope you stop by next week and join in with the fun,


Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Crafty Catz DT

Cor* said...

YES, YES< YES, Great take on the colors girl! What an amazing card with your stitching and details galore. Lovely bling and a stunning sketch. can't wait to get my hands on that one! Thanks for being ODD with us this week.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning! Love the buttons!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh this is adorable WOW!
I have some candy up for grabs if you're interested:

http://inkyfingersrule.blogspot.com/2011/10/i-have-candy.html

dstandard said...

Adorable card - love the LOTV stamps! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

craftymonster81 said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours
Lindsay xx

yvonne said...

Hi Tracey
This card is stunning. Love the colours used and the stitch detail.
Thanks for joining us at CLP.
Yvonne x

Sharon said...

What a beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky, hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Sharon

Sheena said...

Wow - a gorgeous card, I love the colours you've used! Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx

Daisychain said...

Thank you for joining us this week at LOTV with this gorgeous card. Hugs Christine x

Leah the Orange said...

yep, this is GORJE! love the inspiration you took from our challenge - this is perfect! beautifully coloures, fabby sketch, and the colours are DELISH! thanks so much for playing along with the Odd Girls! xo

Jo said...

Beautiful! I think the buttons look awesome actually. and the colours of this card are divine.
So happy that we will be working together, WELCOME!
Jo xx

Faye said...

This is soooo gorgeous. I love the bright colours and the touch of glitter really pretty. So happy to have come across your Blog. And thanks for playing at Sketch Saturday this week. :)
xxx

Chris_P said...

This is so cute!!! Adorable! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

Tasha said...

Wow what a beautiful card, i think its gorgeous. Love the colours and the fabulous paper you used
Thank you for joining us at the SOG challenge
love tasha xx

Min said...

Wow, this is just FABULOUS - I love everything about it! I think I love it so much I'm going to have to case it! Thanks so much for the inspiration! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Eulanda said...

Awww some of my favorite stamps, LOTV. Can you ever have too many buttons? hee hee This is a super cute card and amazing the way you took on that color challenge. Luv luv luv the glitter and great take on the sketch at CLP. Thanks for joining us this month and hope to see you again!! Hugs!