Saturday, October 15, 2011

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas! Sketch Saturday Challenge #177!!


Yay for the weekend it's finally here...the boys have had so much homework to do this week, that I didn't get in much crafting time at all! Sometimes with as much homework as they have, I feel like I'm the one in school too...lol. Guess all the homework makes up for the school budget cut days and them having more days off than usual...which is sad really, but that is a whole other subject I won't be getting into!!

Onto my card for this Saturday's challenge!! It's my second week on the "Sketch Saturday" DT and I just couldn't wait to show you the card I made up for this weeks fabulous sketch! Hope this and all the other gorgeous DT's cards make you all inspired to join in on the fun this week!!


Here's the sketch...


And this week we are sponsored by "Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More"! Which is happy to award the winner a choice of EITHER 5 digital stamps OR 4 digital stamps and 1 paper pack. What an awesome prize!! :)


For my card I've used a "Bugaboo Digi Stamp"...I love her stamps and have quite a collection!! I believe this one was actually offered as a freebie last Christmas though, but she can be found in the "Bugaboo Stamps" shop HERE and is called 'Dede's Christmas Drink'!! I just love her character images...they crack me up all the time!!


I've cut her into 3 parts, layered her, added some Stickles to sparkle her up and popped her up with some 3D foam! I also added some Glossy Accents to her drink! The embellishments are actually buttons that I have stacked rhinestones on top of...I love to do that! I used a cute little sentiment that I got in the bargain bin at "Micheal's Crafts" embossed it and the turned it into a tag! For the bow, I've used some old red transparent organza ribbon I had laying around.


I just love, love the backing card stock I've used on this!! It's a glossy and glittery card stock from DCWV! The pictures turned out really nice and show it off very well! And yes I broke out my new "i-rock" tool on this too...lol!! The little black things are some acrylic pebbles I got in assorted colors from my local craft store...I believe they are suppose to be used for flower arrangements??...oh well!!

Love my snowflake border punch from "EKSuccess" so I added a border to the inside too!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 5 1/2 x 6
STAMPS: Bugaboo Stamps digi stamp called -"Dede's Christmas Drink" and Sentiment is from "Studio G"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS and black pigment ink from "ColorBox" for the sentiment and "Tim Holtz" Peeled Paint Distress ink for the sponging
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #177"
PAPERS: DCWV
EMBELLISHMENTS: "Button Bonanza" buttons, black acrylic pebbles, red organza ribbon and "i-rock" rhinestones
TOOLS: Spellbinders dies (Scalloped rectangles and tags trio), Cuttlebug Machine, "Fiskars" snowflakes border punch, "i-rock" heat setting tool, embossing heat gun and Sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles, Glossy Accents, embossing powder and pop up 3D Dimensionals


CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Aud Sentiments Challenge -"Use any Winter Themed Sentiment"
Cute Card Thursday-"Tree-Mendous"
Meljens Designs -"Use a Ribbon"
ABC Christmas Challenge -"U for Unused Stash (Red Organza Ribbon and Button)"
Divas By Design -"Button up"
 Floweret Stamplar -"Christmas Again"
 Polka Doodles -"Ribbons and Bows"
Sweet n Sassy Digis -"Recipe Challenge (Use Black, 2 Kinds of DP and 3 Kinds of Embellishments)"
 Stamping With Dragon -"Buttons and Bows"
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!!

26 comments:

Carly said...

he he he ... I'm having fun moving my mouse everywhere and watching the 'pixie dust' he he he ....

Anyway ..... Love your card! So much fun ... and so much work! Awesome!

Thankyou so much for sharing this delightful card with us over as Stamping With The Dragon.
xoxoxox Carly

Michaela said...

spectacular creation, I adore your card

coops said...

stunning card tracey.i love the fun image and your striking colours and details are fantastic ;D

xx coops xx

Caroline said...

what a fab card so much happening the papers are lush

Thanks for joining out challenge @ Stamping With The Dragon xx

Michelle B. said...

Love it! Your papers and color combos are fab! I'm a fan of glitz and glimmer, well done. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments!

Dragonlady said...

Stunning card, love all the details and dimension. Thank you for playing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Tracey, just love this gorgeous creation. A fab image and wonderful mix of papers. Love all the very scrummy details. :o)

Donna x

Anne said...

This is georgeus!
So many great details, and lovely colors. :) Adorable image. :)

Anita said...

Gorgeous Christmas card and I love the bling. Thank you for joining in the Divas challenge.

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!

Michele Spera said...

I lOve the 3-D effect of this cutie! Thank you for joining us at CCT
Hugs
Michele S

Anne Temple said...

Fantastic card - inside and out! Love the image and all the bling. So glad you joined us for the Buttons and Bows challenge at Stamping with the Dragon this week.

Faye said...

Ooooh this is a bit fabby innit. Totally lovin' the bright zingy colours. xxx

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous use of the buttons and bows theme on this lovely creation, thank you so much for sharing with us at Stampin with the Dragon
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some candy if you are interested :)

Stephanie said...

This is fantastic.. I just did this sketch yesterday-yummy! Thanks for playing along at SNSDC!

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a great day, Debxx

Carol L said...

Your card is fabulously detailed and gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at the SNSDC!

merrymstamper said...

super layout and design! love the colours and the sparkle. thanks for joining us at SNSDC :-)

Barbara said...

That card is fantastic - I love it! And I also know the perfect person to send it to...

Makiko Jones said...

Fabulous!! I love the fun and bright colors. Fantastic design and details too. Thank you for playing at the SNSDC!

Stephanie said...

You have included so many details in your card! It's so bright & cheery. Thanks for playing along with us at the SNSDC blog.

Delphine said...

Your card is so beautiful, Tracey! I love your fab image, gorgeous papers and embellishments! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine xx

Dot said...

Tracey, lovely colour strong card, and thank you for the laugh-the Bugaboo image is so funny.
Great to see you have decorated outside and inside!
Thank you for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge. Hope to see you again.
Dorte,x

Helen said...

Wow - stunning card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a beautiful card you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

Colette said...

Fabulous card, great details, thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles this week. Good luck!
Colette xx