Friday, October 14, 2011

Hope Your Day is Fabulous! -Fairy Fun Fridays -Challenge #63 Mid-Week Reminder!!


Sorry for the late post today...meant to get this up last night before I went to bed, but it just didn't happen. My back went out yesterday and is in even worse shape today...so I'm a little slow getting around...lol. Thankfully I have awesome boys that have been the greatest little helpers today!! Because they have the day off today and got me all set up with my pillows, heating pad and even brought me a soda!! Such sweeties they are!!

Anyways, onto the Mid-Week reminder for "Fairy Fun Fridays"!! Back this Friday to inspire you a little more and to remind you that you still have 1 more week left to get those cards in for our 'Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice' Challenge!! Easy peasy challenge, so show us what ya got, we want to see all the girlishness...is that a word??!!...he he

Here's mine...


Even Gilly needs to take a little girly time for herself and have a fabulous day...lol! I just love this adorable image, your can find her in Roberta's "Prairie Fairy Designs" shop HERE! She is called "Bath 'n' Bubble Gilly" of course!!

I lathered her bath bubbles up with Stickles and Glossy Accents as well as a little sparkle on her carpet, bow, tub and towel. I used more of the Glossy accents over her bubble bath bottle and her glasses too!


I wasn't sure about putting the flowers on here...but I wanted to make it look like she was bathing in luxury so I included some matching purple crystal stems too from "WOC". I cut them up and displayed them around the floral arrangement. Those adorable little iridescent flowers and white tulips on the outer edge are some flowers I actually got in the wedding section at Micheal's Crafts!!


If you're wondering why I added more rhinestones then usually?? Well it's not because I thought it matched the theme of the card but also because I got me a new little toy to play with while I was at Micheal's Crafts!! I got me an "i-rock Crystal Heat Setting Tool"...I love this thing!! So much better than burning myself with the hot glue gun on those little things or waiting for glue to dry...lol!! I think every card maker should have one in their arsenal! For those of you who don't know what it is...the "i-rock" rhinestones already have glue on the bottom of them and then you use the heating tool (which only takes about 15 seconds to heat up) to press against the tops while the glue instantly melts through the gems! And those things stick really good too...don't budge at all! You can also get other things besides rhinestones...you can get pebbles too that look like little brads and in lots of different colors!

Can you tell I get excited about my crafting tools??...lol. Anyways, where was I??...Onto the inside of the card...


I think I went a little overboard with the message panel...but I guess it wouldn't be me if I didn't...lol. I love that purple sparkly ribbon! It was actually some Christmas ribbon on Clearance at...yes you guessed it, Micheal's!!


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: The digi stamp image is from Prairie Fairy Designs -"Bath 'n' Bubble Gilly" and the sentiments are a set from "PaperTrey Ink"
LAYOUT: i{heart}2stamp -"October Sketch"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS and metallic silver pigment ink from "ColorBox" for the sentiment. Edges have been sponged with a light purple ink.
PAPERS: Recollections, DCWV & Prima
EMBELLISHMENTS: Lavender roses and purple crystal stems are from "WOC", Smaller iridescent flowers and tulips from "Micheal's Crafts", Sparkly metallic organza ribbon, clear acrylic dew drops, "Lush" Rhinestone brad and "i-rock" rhinestones
TOOLS: "Fiskars" scallops border punch, "i-rock" heat setting tool, embossing heat gun and Sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles, Glossy Accents, Easy bow-maker, and embossing powder for the sentiment


I had so much fun with this challenge and you will too! So be sure to stop on by the Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge blog, check out all the other wonderful inspiration the Fairy Princesses have come up with and join in the fun too...you just might be one of the lucky winners of Roberta's digi stamp prizes!!

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

i{heart}2stamp -"October Sketch (Flipped on it's side)"
Colour Create Challenge -"Lilac, Grey and White"
Little Miss Muffet Challenges -"Girly Girl"
Charisma Cardz Challenge -"In Stitches (Real or Faux)"
I Brake For Challenges -"Girl Power"
Annabelle Stamps -"Say it With Embellished Corners"
Cardmad Fairy's Digi Day -"Spots and Stripes"
Paper Works CO. -"Recipe Challenge (Use and image that floats, Ribbon and Brads)"

Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Happy Crafting!!

18 comments:

Carol Ann said...

Wow what a fabulous card Tracey love the colour palette and boy could I do with relaxing in some gorgeous bubbles! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week at Cardmadfairy Digi Days.
Carol Ann xx

cg said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Love all the "bubble" effects...on the outside and inside! And all that perfect stitching...I'm in awe.

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

This is so cute and adorable. Beautiful, what else can I say :O) Love it! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenge. Good Luck, Hugs! Leah Ann DT

Debs said...

Stunning card Tracey - love your neat stitchung and the rhinestones look like escaped bubbles from the bath lol!!
Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Wow such a cute creation.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is absolutely AMAZING! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

coops said...

fantastic card tracey.i love your stunning colours and sparkle and the image and details are gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

laney said...

Wow this is gorgeous!!!
thanks for joining us at Charisma this time hope to see you next time too
hugs
laney

AnnaBelle Stamps Blog said...

This is super cute! All of your added little touches are amazing!
Thanks for sharing with us this week :)
Andrea

Marion said...

Wow, so much to feast my eyes on in your creation! LOVE all that bling. Thanks for joining in the challenge at AnnaBelles this week.

Donna said...

Stunning card Tracey, makes me want to go for a long soak. Thanks for joining in the Little Miss Muffet Challenge. hugs Donna x

crazyribbonlady said...

LOVe this!! Such a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week!
Emma x

Julie said...

Stunning card, Tracey!! Fabulous detail and the floers are gorgeous!! Love the ribbon too, so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Colour Create this time around, Juliexx

Catherine said...

Absolutely stunning card, love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Cardmad fairys digi days this week....

Beverly Montez said...

Tracey
What a great card! Beautiful colors and lovely embellishments. LOVE the glasses!
XO
Beverly

Sue said...

this is stunning Tracey!!! a definate feast for the eyes, so many gorgeous little details- love them all!! you have got me thinking about giving the i-rock a whirl, you make it look so good!
thanks for sharing at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

Mahmood Ali said...

Supper! your posted card is designed so gorgeously i like it....
Plastic card printing
Plastic card

RiNNE said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love all the sparkles, bling, and textures! I adore the design and image too! Thanks for playing with us at PWCO!!