Friday, October 21, 2011

Thank You! Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge #64 -Wet (Heat) Embossing!!


It's time for a great NEW challenge at "Fairy Fun Fridays"!! 
Our hostess for the next couple weeks is Dionne and she wants us to try and use embossing in a different way! So our theme for the next couple of weeks is "Wet Embossing" which is another way to say (heat Embossing)!!

Here is what I came up with and a little inspiration to get you started...


I have to admit, I'm usually not very good at embossing, so the only embossing I ever do is usually just the sentiments on my card. So for my card this week, I tried something new and used a background foliage stamp from "Stampendous" to stamp and emboss the 4 panels in the back! I also stamped and embossed the sentiment right onto the image...which was very brave of me I might add....lol! I will definitely try this again in the future, because I loved the way it turned out and I didn't mess up even once! So thanks to my fellow teamy Dionne for making me try something new!! :D


I thought it would also look cool to pop up the embossed panels and image too! The image I used for my card is Roberta's gorgeous "Poppies" which can be found in the "Prairie Fairy Designs" shop HERE!


I tried my best to really capture the detail of the embossing on both the panels and the sentiment. The sentiment is from "Paper Trey Ink"...I love their gorgeous sentiments! I have a nice little collection started!!


I went with a simple inside...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: The digi stamp image is from Prairie Fairy Designs -"Poppies" and the sentiment is in a set from "PaperTrey Ink". Background foliage stamp is from "Stampendous"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS, black pigment ink from "ColorBox" for the background stamps and sentiment. "Tim Holtz" tea dye distress ink for sponged edges PAPERS: DCWV, Colorbok & K&Company
EMBELLISHMENTS: Clear acrylic pebbles and silver brads
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinders Dies (Labels #3), Embossing heat gun and Sewing machine
OTHER: Embossing powder


I had so much fun with this challenge and you will too! So be sure to stop on by the Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge blog, check out all the other wonderful inspiration the Fairy Princesses have come up with and join in the fun too...you just might be one of the lucky winners of Roberta's digi stamp prizes!!

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Charisma Cardz -"Embossing (Heat or Dry)"
Crafty Purple Frog -"Thank You"
Paper Play -"Use Black"
Shelly's Images -"Anything Goes"
Digi Stamps 4 Joy -"Double Embellishments"
CAS-ual Fridays -"Just Add Color"
Crafts 4 Eternity -"Add (at Least) One Metal Embellishment"
Crafty Ann's -"Clean and Simple"

Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Crafting!

23 comments:

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Absolutely beautiful, love the colours and the stitched edges
Lindsay xx

coops said...

wow absolutely stunning card tracey.the image is beautiful and i love your striking colours and embossing ;D

xx coops xx

Cor* said...

Tracey, I think I peed in my pants a bit when I saw this it is so gorgeous! Holy wow! Way to rock the embossing and coloring is fan-freakin tabulous!

cg said...

Beautiful! Excellent embossing, wow!

Ann Whitfield said...

Really lovely card Tracey, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Lizzie said...

Just beautiful. Thanks for joining us this week at C4E. Liz

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Tracy am new to your blog as was totally blown away by your gorgeous work. Have become a follower so I don't miss a thing ! This card is fabulous and your embossing is amazing. A gorgeous card both inside and out and a true inspiration. Will definitely be back to see more.

Marie

Dot said...

Such a wonderful card, Tracey. Lovely colours and fab colouring and embossing.
Enjoy your weekend.
hugs Dorte

pinky said...

This is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Kelly said...

Tracey, I really love this card, the colors, the coloring, the sponging, the stitching, the papers, in short, the whole dang thing!

ursula Uphof said...

Wow love this card. Those poppies are just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at DS4J this week and sharing your creation. Ursula DT member

Bestrass said...

I found a very nice website call www.bestrass.com which provide plenty of scrap-booking.

princesskitten said...

Beautiful flowers - such pretty colours

kitten - Shelly's team

xxxtglxxx said...

Really stunning card! :) Beautiful design and colouring.

Thanks so much for playing along at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Vee said...

Lovely card and beautiful colours. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
xx Vee

nicoleqmullen said...

Your card is stunning, your embossing looks fantastic, I love the details on your card and the sentiment on the image looks fantastic!Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Laura Davis said...

Stunning work!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Julie M said...

Wow, Tracey - what wonderful warm colours - I love this card. The leaf images on the squares are a beautiful background to that lovely poppy image.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Hannah Clark said...

Stunning card! You sure put a lot of attention to the inside of your cards! The inside is just as beautiful as the outside!

Gemma said...

this is a gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining in our embossing challenge this week at Charisma! :) Gemma x

michele said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week! hugs x

Claire said...

BEautiful card, love those poppies. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card
thank you for joining us at DS4J this week
Love Jan
xx