Friday, October 7, 2011

Thank You For Being So Thoughtful -Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge #63


Happy Friday!! 
I just love Fridays...not only because it's the end of the week but also because it's time for another "Fairy Fun Fridays" challenge!

The challenge for the next couple weeks is "Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice" which means, we want to see all those girly things like; sweet images, girly papers, flowers,
ribbons, lace, pearls and anything else you think is girly! Very easy challenge for most of us!!

Here's a little inspiration to get you started...


I tried something a little different with my card and kinda out of my element but I love the way it turned out! I made a "Pop-Up Surprise Card" which is a bit different than an easel card in that it's held up by a tag that pulls out from the top.


I have to give credit because I originally seen a card like this created on Natalie's Blog...You have to check out the super gorgeous card she made using this method!! Once I seen it I had to figure out how it was done, so I browsed YouTube and found this awesome tutorial HERE! It looked difficult at first but trust me it's so easy and so much fun!!

The image I used for my card is called Gilly's Bike and can be found in the "Prairie Fairy Designs" shop HERE! All of Roberta's images are just adorable!!


And if you're wondering about the design paper not matching...yes the polka-dot paper is kinda red...lol. When I created the card, the lighting in my craft room must not have been very good cause it looked pink to me!! Hence the reason I colored the dress pink...ah well it still looks cute I think.

Some other views...The front and main sentiment says: "Thank You For Being So Thoughtful"...

The pull out tag says: "I appreciate you more than you will ever know.".

I also made this into a regular opening card as well as a pop up card so that there would be a space for a personal message...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
CARD STYLE: Surprise Pop-Up Card
STAMPS: The digi stamp image is from Prairie Fairy Designs -"Gilly's Bike" and the sentiments are a set from "PaperTrey Ink"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS and Black pigment ink from "ColorBox" for the sentiments
PAPERS: Recollections and DCWV
EMBELLISHMENTS: Flowers, light beige vintage seam binding ribbon, white pearl sprays and light blue crystal stems are from "WOC", "Lush" pearl brads and flat back pearls
TOOLS: "Fiskars" flowers border punch, Martha Stewart butterfly punches, embossing heat gun and Sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles, Glossy Accents, and embossing powder for the sentiments


I had so much fun with this challenge and you will too! So be sure to stop on by the Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge blog, check out all the other wonderful inspiration the Fairy Princesses have come up with and join in the fun too...you just might be one of the lucky winners of Roberta's digi stamp prizes!!


CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Papertake Weekly -"Anything Goes w/Option of Adding Something Punched"
Anything Goes Challenge -"Die Cuts/Punches or Both"
Creative Card Crew -"Easel Cards"
Sweet Stamps -"Anything Goes"
Crafty Cardmakers -"Anything Goes"
ABC-Challenge -"A is for Anything Goes"

Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Crafting!!

18 comments:

Chrissy said...

Fabulous pop up card Tracey...the papers are lovely and that sweet image..lol..love her glasses, she is adorable.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sudha - Art Admirer said...

Wow such a cute creation dear.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Hannah Clark said...

Oh wow! That fold is amazing! Every little detail just astounds me! Beautiful card!

coops said...

fabulous card tracey.i love the gorgeous colours and details and the image is fab :D

xx coops xx

Princess4Wiz said...

Wonderful card, Tracey. I love the pop up style and the colours you have used are just perfect. The girl is just sooooo sweet! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Beth. xxx

Joanie said...

Fab card, very colourful, thank you for joining us at Anything Goes, Joanie

Kathleen said...

Oh wow love this! Fab style and great colours.
Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes
Hugs Kat xx

Patty Sue 2 said...

Your card is truly amazing! I love your beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us this week at ABC Challenges! I hope to see your lovely work again on the 15th!

Shanna Shands said...

This is an awesome card so full of detail. Awesome job. Thanks for playing with ABC come back to check out our new challenge next weekend!

Josephine said...

Beautiful! I love how you've embellished your creation.

Thanks for joinin us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

Jenn said...

Great card! I have never seen a surprise pop-up card before, but I love it!! Thanks for all the detail pics and for playing with ABC Challenges!

Marilou said...

This is such an wonderful card creation! I know this was something new for you, but it turned so cute!! Great idea, using Glossy Accents for the glass in her glasses!! Love the image, the papers, and the flowers, too!! xo

Dawnll - Dawn's Craft Place said...

This is such an amazing card! Love the colors and fun design.
Thank you for sharing with us this week at
Sweet Stamps Challenge
Have a sweet week.

Jill said...

gorgeous card Tracey aww that image is fab love your colouring too thanks for joining us for PTW 4th Birthday hugs Jill xx

Debs said...

I love it Tracey, what an awesome design and super colors--totally fab girl--hope you're having a super weekend
Deb
xxx

Lori said...

Holy cow you killed this challenge, this is stunning, so many amazing details and just so professional looking, wow!

Cor* said...

Whatever!! You know i am going to have to try this out! I LOVE this idea! Fantastic design. A card within a card! Simply amazing job with the design and papers!

Kim x said...

Wow this is fabulous. I shall have to try this out, so thanks for the link.
Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck.
Hugs Kimx