Saturday, November 26, 2011

Friends Are The Greatest Gift of The Season! Sketch Saturday Challenge #183! Sponsored by the Craft Barn!


Happy weekend all! 

I'm so glad the weekend is here and I admit I slept almost the whole day yesterday! I was so exhausted after Thanksgiving day and then I stayed up late that same night to go to the Black Friday sale at Best Buy! It was worth it though, cause I got exactly what I wanted...or I should say my boys wanted at a steal of a deal!! We are going to have some extremely happy boys! And hubs was so sweet to clean up the rest of the kitchen for me while I slept...lol. He has a 4 day weekend with Sunday being his last day. So it's been nice having him home all day.

I woke up early for a little bit yesterday before falling back to sleep to take these pics for my card and realized that I had somehow broke my good camera. I'm not sure what I did to it, but I was taking pics on Thursday while the family was here and everything was fine. And now when I turn it on, the green light just flashes and the LED screen is blank...doesn't show anything. Plus the lens doesn't come out all the way. I was so bummed because I loved that camera! I still have a warranty on it and paid for the extra service plan...so I'm hoping that it's covered to get fixed. Anyways, I had to break out my old one...thankfully it was charged up enough to take some quick pics though. The pics are ok, but don't come out clear and bright as they would with my good camera.

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

So anyways, it's Saturday again and yes that means it's time for another super fun sketch to play with over at "Sketch Saturday"!! 

Here's a little inspiration to get you started...


The sketch:


And this week we are sponsored by "The Craft Barn"!


This weeks winner will win a collection of sparkly goodies!
Lovely new Frantage products from Stampendous – shabby pink embossing powder, shaved ice glittery bits, silver crushed glass glitter and bronzed mica flakes, all with a total value of over £20.00


The super gorgeous image I used today is from "Some Odd Girl"! She is called "Gifty Gwen"! I got me some clear stamps about a month ago and finally got a chance to use them. Her stamps are so adorable and so much fun to color in because of the large open spaces! Not to mention the packaging you receive everything in is so cute!


Plus I finally got me some Copic markers as an early Christmas present to myself! Over the week, I've been trying to teach myself how to color with them...which hasn't been easy because I've gotten so use to using colored pencils. I'm hoping I didn't make a very expensive mistake and hoping I will get better. This image is only my 3rd attempt...so I will definitely keep trying! Plus hubs will not allow them to collect dust...lol.


Kept the inside super simple...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 X 6
STAMPS: Some Odd Girl Stamps -"Gifty Gwen" and Sentiment is from the same set
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: Copic Markers
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Sketch #183"
PAPERS: DCWV
EMBELLISHMENTS: Red buttons, faux rhinestones and dew drops
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Spellbinders Circles Dies and Sewing machine
OTHER: 3D squares

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

"Come join us every week for fun inspirational sketches and prizes to get those creative juices flowing!"
"Check out my new sentiments available at Prairie Fairy Designs!"
Sentiments By BrossArt Addiction

~~~~~~~~~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~~~~~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Fairy Tale Challenge -"Christmas"
Lily Pad -"Buttons"
Pattie's Creations -"Christmas"
Alphabet Challenge -"V is for Vibrant"
The Poodles Parlour -"Christmas"
Simply Create Too -"Christmas"
Stamping With Dragon -"Anything Goes -Christmas"
Totally PaperCrafts -"Christmas"
Delightful Sketches -"Red and Green"
Inspire Me Fridays -"Always Anything Goes"


Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Crafting!

23 comments:

Jilli said...

Tracey, your card is beautiful. I love the bright colours of the papers and your colouring of the image is just perfect. I would never have known that you didn't use copics all the time .... i'm frightened to death of them and clutch lovingly to my pencils ... you are sooo brave LOL! Hugs Jillix

Bianca said...

What a fantasic Christmas card! I love the layout and the colours you have used but also all the tiny details you have add. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Faye said...

Tracey, I love the rich, vibrant card. Itt's gorgeous. I'm glad you had such a lovely Thanksgiving. xxx

Becky said...

ohh...your card is so cute, love everything about her. thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. hugs, becky

coops said...

fantastic card tracey.i really love your vibrant colours and the image and details are stunning :D

xx coops xx

frances joy said...

i love the card!!! soo beautiful... :) happy colours :)

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous card

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges hope you will join us again soon xx

Joey said...

Tracey this is stunning, great layout and love the bold bright colours, thanks for joining us at totally papercrafts. Joey x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fab card, love the bright colours and the image is really sweet
Lindsay xx

Sandy said...

Gorgeous image, love all the bright fab papers and a lovely layout. Fabulous card,
Sandy

Caroline said...

WOW such a colourful card it is gorgeous
thanks for playing along with Stamping Dragon Designs

Jani said...

I love SOG!
And your card is gorgeous!
The swirly stiching caught my eye in a second!
Jani x

Pattie G said...

Tracey,
This is so cute! I love your coloring and all of your added touches. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs
Pattie ♥

sallysbitz said...

Wow, this is a stunning Christmas card. Love the layout & papers.

Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Melody said...

Darling image!! Thanks for playing in our challenge!

~Melody

DT for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

cricutalltime said...

super cute.love the color combo and buttons.your coloring is awsome.

Sandi said...

Tracey - beautiful colors and a super card!
Thanks for playing in our 'Christmas' Challenge #34, and for using a Digital OR Stamped image!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Tracey,love the image and your colours and papers are gorgeous...
Mandy x

Crafty_Fairie said...

Wow how great is this thanks so much for joining in with us at The Poodles Parlour this week.

Kerry

Shannin said...

Tracey your card is adorable. I love that paper pack and your image is just darling. I hope youare having a wonderful day.

Hugs
Shannin

Nela said...

Totally adorable!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge!
xx Nela

Karen said...

Such a wonderful creation!

Thank you for entering our Christmas challenge and good luck!

Krafty Karen DT for Poodles Parlour.

rudlis said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge this time, hope to see you again xx