Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! -Fairy Fun Fridays #66 -FALL!!


 Time for another challenge at "Fairy Fun Fridays"!! 
For the next 2 weeks our theme is Fall...so we want to see all your Fall creations! Although it has felt more like Winter here in Oregon than it has Fall...lol. I think it just may snow this year...or I guess I'm hoping it will!!

Here's my card...


I don't often make much Fall cards or Thanksgiving cards...so I thought I would surprise my mom with this card for Thanksgiving! Specially since she lives far away in Arizona along with my Grandma and I really miss them...even more this time of year...their cooking that is...lol!! Just kidding, but I do wish they lived closer!!


The gorgeous image I used is from Roberta's "Fall Harvest" set and can be found in the Prairie Fairy Designs shop HERE!

Not really liking the Stickles I used on the grapes...but can't really go back after you've put it on...lol. And this is the first time I've tried the coloring on Kraft cardstock technique...I think I kinda like it? Although, I'm not sure if I've used the right kind of Kraft paper because I found it extremely hard to blend with my Prismas and OMS!


I found these beautiful brads at Michael's Crafts awhile back and finally found the perfect card to use them on! I think it matches nicely with the gorgeous background paper!


This is where I would normally show you the inside...but instead of an inside...I just decided to do up the back! Guess it would kind be more of a postcard...lol. I embossed the sentiment.


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: Prairie Fairy Designs Digi Stamp -"Fall Harvest" and Sentiment is from my clear stamps stash (Not sure of the brand?)
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS
LAYOUT:  i{heart}2stamp-"November Sketch"
PAPERS: DCWV
EMBELLISHMENTS: Champagne colored dew drops, decorative brad and hemp cord
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Cuttlebug bricks embossing folder, EKsuccess border punch and Sewing machine


I had so much fun with this challenge and you will too! So be sure to stop on by the Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge blog, check out all the other wonderful inspiration the Fairy Princesses have come up with and join in the fun too...you just might be one of the lucky winners of Roberta's digi stamp prizes!!

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

i{heart}2stamp -"November Sketch"
Auds Sentiments -"Thanksgiving"
Crafty Purple Frog -"Use Orange"
Sassy Studio Designs -"Season of Thanks"
Shelly's Images -"Anything Goes"
Crafting For All Seasons -"Thanksgiving"
Fresh Brewed Designs -"Give Thanks"
Simon Says Stamp -"Thanksgiving"

Thanks for looking!
Happy Crafting!

20 comments:

Jo said...

Tracey, Your card is beautiful.You have colored it beautifully with your prisma's. I love the pumpkins. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD.

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Tracey! Love the layout. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Oh this is SO PRETTY Tracey!! Love the design & dimension!
Thanks so much for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!

Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Jessica said...

Tracey, your card is spectacular. Wonderful coloring and great layers! Fabby Job girl!
:O)
Jessica

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the rich colors and that beautiful image!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

VanessaB said...

very beautiful and wonderful design. your mom will love it. thanks for joining us at fbd :)

Audrey said...

WoW! What a gorgeous card. I love the glitter on the grapes. Thanks for joining us ar Aud Sentiments.

Kelly said...

Tracey, love the colors you have used on your card and you did a wonderful job shadowing your image!

Kate said...

Your Card is stunning. Thank you so much for playing with us over at Sassy Studio Designs Dare to Be Sassy Thursday.

Hugs,
Kate

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Such a beautiful card! Amazing job with the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the ColourQ this week!

Rene' Sharp said...

This is gorgeous and so well photographed too!! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting for All Seasons!!

princesskitten said...

Gosh all those layers and details - super cool

kitten Shelly's team

Regan said...

Beautiful card, Tracey! Love the papers, the layout, and your wonderfully colored image! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Gale said...

Fabulous! Your choice to put the card together are perfect. Love the extras you embellished with. This really made the card.

Thanks for joining Fresh Brewed Designs for our "I am thankful... challenge"

(Come by my blog and enter for a chance to win 'My Memories' suite 2 by Polaroid.
A very simple to use digital scrapbook program. Ends Nov. 20th)

: ) Gale

Sara said...

Beautiful Tracey! Love that purple in there, thanks for playing along with SSD!

Julie said...

Gorgeous card! Love the papers and colors. Thanks for joining us in our Thanksgiving/Thank you challenge at Aud Sentiments
Hugs,
Julie

Sheryl said...

Hi Tracey! This is a gorgeous card! The dp is so pretty and you have embellished it perfectly!
Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our, "I am Thankful" challenge!
Warm Hugs, Sheryl

Suzie McFloozy said...

Gorgeous card - that embossed panle looks fab x
Thanks for playing along with us at paper crafting journey & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Karen C said...

Awesome card! Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Studio Designs. There is still time to enter the Christmas challenge this month (Christmas Carols is the theme) using one of our images!
Hugs,
Karen C

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! I love your coloring on kraft. Happy Thanksgiving!


Thank you for joining our Fall challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

~Cheryl~
** Check out my blog candy **