Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Have A Merry One!


I can't believe I actually had some time this week to get a card done that wasn't a DT project! Specially this week because I'm preparing to have Thanksgiving at my place!! I pretty much got everything bought and planned. Now the only hard part is keeping the house clean until family comes over...which isn't easy with 3 boys running around...lol!

My Grandma ordered cards from me this year, plus I have to get my own done...so if you are sick of seeing Christmas cards from me, sorry...lol! :P~

For my card today I used the fabulous layout from "Deconstructed Sketch" and an adorable digi stamp from "Dustin Pike"! 


I actually have had this image colored for awhile and planned to layer him so he was colored 3 times! The sentiment is just a clear stamp set from Studio G that I got in the bargain bin last year.


I'm starting to fall in love with Glamour Dust...lol. I think I love it much more than Stickles because it's much more sparklier..is that a word??! Although Stickles is easier to work with, it's not as pretty!


Side view showing a closeup of the layering...


And the inside I kept simple...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 5 1/2 X 6
STAMPS: Dustin Pike Digi Stamp -"Dragon Present" and Sentiment is from Studio G
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS
LAYOUT: Deconstucted Sketch -"Sketch #28"
PAPERS: DCWV
EMBELLISHMENTS: Hemp twine and green button
TOOLS: Cuttlebug Machine, Dots Quickutz embossing folder, Stampin' Up Window Punch, Fiskars scalloped border punch and Sewing machine
OTHER: Glamour Dust glitter and 3D squares

~~~~~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~~~~~

"Prairie Fairy Designs offers fun and whimsical digital stamps!"
"My new sentiments also available at Prairie Fairy Designs!"


Sentiments By BrossArt Addiction

~~~~~ ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ ~~~~~

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Deconstructed Sketch -"Sketch #28"
Dustin Pike Challenge -"Anything Goes Christmas"
Card and Scrap -"Traditional Christmas Colors"
Creatalicious Challenges -"Christmas and Make it Sparkle"
The Emerald Faerie Garden -"Christmas Green"
Everybody Art Challenge -"Christmas Card"
Sassy Cheryl's -"Anything Goes"
Shopping Our Stash -"Christmas or Winter Related"
Karen's Doodles -"Celebrate With Santa"

Thanks for Stopping By!!
Happy Crafting!

24 comments:

CraftyGirl said...

Tracey,
Great job! Great paper, stitching and layering. Course I love the digi from Doodle Dragon's Studio. Thanks for joining in all the fun at "Pike's Playground" this week. I hope you join us again soon.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl

Gramma said...

Tracy I love your card. You've really put everything into it...and don't you just love the $1 stamps from Studio G? Thanks for joining us at "Pike's Playground" this week. We hope to see more of you at our bi-weekly challenges.
Hugz,
Gramma

Sandy said...

Very cute image, lovely colouring and just love the layout too, Great card
Sandy

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Tracey, oh great choice of Christmas greens, thank you so much for joining us at the Emerald Garden Faerie
Hugs Kate xx

Aud Kirsten said...

Great christmascard with a cute image:)
Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap!

Rebekah said...

This is so fab Tracey I love the layered image everything is so bold and bright! Hugs rebekah xx

mochamama said...

Love the design and everything about this card!

Sassy Cheryl said...

This is simply adorable! I love all the sparkles/glitter. Your grandmother has great taste in asking you to do Christmas cards for her this year. I personally, do not EVER get tired of seeing Christmas cards.
Thanks for playing in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week.

frances joy said...

fabulous card!!!! the image is sooooo cutie!! i love it!!!

Boxofcolours said...

My goodness, alot of work has gone into this one! Thanks for joining us this week at Pike's Playground.
Hugs
Jane

coops said...

fantastic card tracey.i love the fun santa and sparkle and your papers and design are stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Kari said...

Wonderful Christmas card!Love the papers!
Thank you for joining Karen`s Doodles Challenge this week and good luck!

HUgs,Kari :)

nedergaard said...

What a beautiful card

Tak fordi du deltager på vores udfordring hos Card and Scrap

Debbie Pamment said...

Love the image, love the layout and love the layering - it's all just FABULOUS!
Thanx for joining us in The Emerald Faerie Garden
xXx

Cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous love the image,and all the sparkle bless you for playing at creatalicious this month hugs cheryl xxxxx

jkreucher said...

OH My Gosh! this is such a fun card! love your wonderful design and vibrant colors... the inside of your card is as beautiful!
Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Sassy Cheryl Challenge this week!
Judy

Tracey Manderson said...

Another brilliant Card Trace!! Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faerie Garden, and good luck with the Challenge

Hugs
Tracey

Crystal said...

FAbulous layout on your card! I love your stitching and the DP you chose too. Thank you for playing along with us at SOS this week :)

luvmy2girls said...

Beautiful card! Your cards are just as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside! =)

Deena said...

loving everything about this card...the image...the papers...the 3-d effects...thanks for joining in the Shopping our Stash winter or Christmas challenge this week!

Mona Eidhammer said...

Gorgeous card! Love the 3d effect of the image. Fab job! Thanks for joining us at The Emerald Faerie Garden. Hugs...Mona

June Houck said...

This is fabulous, Tracey! I love everything about your card. Dustin Pike is soooooo talented, and you colored the image beautifully. Your paper choices and design are fantabulous :) I am so glad you joined us this week at Shopping Our Stash.

Ginny said...

Gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with us this week at Pikes Playground.

Ri Holley said...

Thanks for playing along at Pikes Playground. :0)