Friday, November 4, 2011

Thank You -Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge #65...No Black Lines!!


Yippee it's Friday again!! I always love Fridays, specially when it's the beginning of a new bi-weekly challenge over at "Fairy Fun Fridays"!!
This time around, Kelly is our hostess and her chosen theme and quite a challenge...I might add, is 'No Black Lines'!! If you're not sure what that is...Kelly has wrote up a detailed description for all of us and you so it will be easier for everyone to join in and play along too!

Be sure to check out all the super gorgeous cards the rest of the team came up with...here is a little inspiration from me...


At first when I seen what our challenge was for this week...I was a little intimidated and wasn't sure how I would pull of my inexperienced coloring skills without those ever so helpful black lines...lol. But it wouldn't be called a challenge if it wasn't meant to be "challenging" right?!!


But after a few tries and crumpled up paper filling my paper bin...this is the final result...I think I kinda like it. I don't love it...but I kinda like it...lol. Looks like it was painted freehand with watercolors...but of course it's Roberta's lovely Lily drawing! To get it to print out without the black lines showing, I opened it in Photoshop and played with the contrast and brightness until I got it to print out in a very faint but still visible gray color.

You can kinda see the lines a little bit on the closeup...


The Lily image can be found in the "Prairie Fairy Designs" shop HERE!

I used a foliage embossing folder for part of the background to match with the swirly design paper...here's a closeup...


Not too sure if I'm liking the colors...it's a little bright and maybe turned a bit too green...lol!

Kept the inside simple and used a matching stamp set for the front and inside, from "Papertrey Ink"


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 6 x 6
STAMPS: Prairie Fiary Designs Digi Stamp -"Lily" and Sentiments are from "Papertrey Ink"
COLORING MEDIUM and INK: PrismaColor colored pencils and OMS
LAYOUT: Bling it On -"November Sketch"
PAPERS: K&Company & Prima
EMBELLISHMENTS: Flat back pearls and lace
TOOLS: Spellbinders dies (Labels 2), Cuttlebug Machine, Cuttlebug foliage embossing folder, "MFT Stamps" (Fancy Flourish die) and Sewing machine
OTHER: Pop up 3D Dimensionals


I had so much fun with this challenge and you will too! So be sure to stop on by the Fairy Fun Fridays Challenge blog, check out all the other wonderful inspiration the Fairy Princesses have come up with and join in the fun too...you just might be one of the lucky winners of Roberta's digi stamp prizes!!

CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
 
Bling It On Challenge -"November Sketch"
4 Crafty Chicks -"Die Cuts"
Dutch Dare -"Thank You"
Digi Stamps for Joy -"With Gratitude"
Freshly Brewed Designs -"Anything Goes"
Papercraft Star -"Use a Flourish"
Fussy and Fancy -"Be Thankful and Feature a Sentiment"

Thanks for stopping by!!
Happy Crafting!

17 comments:

Céline said...

really gorgeous card, love the layout and the fab coloring image
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
hugs
céline

Rebekah said...

Gorgeous card Tracey the idea of no black lines scares the heck out of me lol! Hugs Rebekah xx

coops said...

wow, so stunning tracey.your colouring is beautiful and i love the lily image and yummy papers ;D

xx coops xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Beautiful elegant card, love the colours and the embossing looks fab
Lindsay xx

shell said...

Wow this is stunning i love that flower, thanks for joining us at Bling It On this month...
Shell xx

Kelly said...

Tracey, I love the colors, the tiles and the scroll embellies!!

Gale said...

Stunning card. Love the coloring!
Thanks for joining in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Fresh Brewed Designs!

:) Gale
(come by my blog and enter to win a free copy of 'My Memories' scrapbook software!
http://galevarland.blogspot.com)

Sheryl said...

This card is so very stunning that I actually gasped when I first saw it! It's gorgeous!
Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges for our, "Anything Goes with Blog Candy" challenge.
Warm Hugs,
Sheryl

ferrellgraph-x said...

My goodness, I can only imagine how much time you spent making this card! I know the person who gets it will be very special! Beautiful!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

The Stamper's Touch said...

Wowza, this is beyond words stunning!!!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at the "Anything Goes" challenge at Fresh Brewed Designs.

Linda

Lisette Morris said...

Wow! Your coloring is fantastic! I'm still to scared to try no lines. Yours is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Beverly Montez said...

Tracy
Great card! Love the coloring and the shapes.
XO
Beverly

Jen said...

oh this is beautiful
Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons and good luck
Jen xx

laney said...

Super card!!
thanks for joining us at Bling it On this time hope to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Sandy said...

Beautiful image, gorgeous papers and embossing. love the stitching and embellishments, just gorgeous.
Sandy

You can view my card here

Ellis said...

Stunning card! =)
Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4joy!
Hugs, Elenor

Starla B. said...

This is gorgeous!! I completely thought you had freehand painted it. =D Lines or not, your coloring is beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Digistamps 4 Joy!

xx Star