Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wishing You A Magical Birthday! Sketch Saturday Challenge #180!!


Good morning everyone and happy Saturday!! 

It's time again for a new challenge at "Sketch Saturday"!! This week is our teamie Faye's DT week and that means she created our super fabulous sketch we all had the pleasure to play with and you will too!!


Here's a peek at Faye's sketch...


And our super sweet sponsor this week is:


If you've not been to Sew Sweet before, you're in for a treat! The shop has lots of fun and adorable embellies like; buttons, brads, twine, ribbon and more!!

Sew Sweet is offering one lucky winner, chosen at random, a £10 Gift Voucher to spend in store.


I recently won a challenge at "The Crafty Purple Frog" and had the pleasure of browsing the shop and picking 5 decoupage sheets of my choice! I had the hardest time choosing just 5...so I know what I'm adding to my Christmas list...lol! Not only are the decoupage sheets stunningly beautiful...but each one comes pre-colored!! Which makes the card making process, for me anyways go much more faster! And it was also super fun to cut out the individual pieces to layer them!

The image I used for my card today is called 'The Love is Gone' and can be found in the shop HERE!


I sparkled her up with Stickles!

I used white Crackle Paint from "Tim Holtz" and iridescent medium shimmer paint around all the edges and flowers. I tried to get close ups to show the crackle detail and all the shimmer! The sentiment I used is from "Lili of The Valley" and I stamped it on the matching background DP and heat embossed it.


Part of the background paper I used is from Prima and is this gorgeous lavender mulberry type paper, which I embossed using my new Sizzix embossing folder! This is the first time I've used a Sizzix embossing folder and I think I like them alot better than the Cuttlebug ones, because it seems to leave more of a deeper impression! Although you can't tell...cause I covered it up with all my embellies...lol.

The inside...


Close up of message panel...


CARD INGREDIENTS:

SIZE: 5.5 x 6
STAMPS: The Crafty Purple Frog "Ching-Chou Kuik"-"The Love is Gone" decoupage sheet and Sentiment is from "Lili of The Valley"
LAYOUT: Sketch Saturday -"Faye's Sketch #180"
PAPERS: DCWV, Recollections & Prima
EMBELLISHMENTS: Flat back smoky rhinestones, black lace , metal filigree corners and all flowers and the crytal stem is from "Wild Orchard Crafts"
TOOLS: Spellbinders dies (rectangles, scalloped rectangles, circles and scalloped circles), Cuttlebug Machine, Sizzix embossing folder, Martha Stewart border punch, "MFT Stamps" (Fancy Flourish die) and Sewing machine
OTHER: Stickles, Tim Holtz crackle paint, iridescent medium paint, and Pop up 3D Dimensionals


CARD WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:

Card Makin Mama's -"Die Cuts"
Crafty Anne's -"Floral Frenzy"
Crafty Catz -"Anything Goes"
Papertake Weekly -"Anything Goes plus optional bling"
Always Something Creative -"It Must Sparkle"
Catch The Bug -"Anything Goes"

Thanks for looking and stopping by!!
Happy Crafting!!

23 comments:

crafty amy said...

Oh my gosh Tracy this is stunning!! I have had to pick my jaw up off the floor :D
I am so glad you like the decoupage I find it quite relaxing cutting it all out.
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Purple frog and good luck.

Huge hugs

Amy xx

sandy's crafty bits said...

oh my goodness what a super card ... so much work has gone into this one ... and I bet you had a lot of fun doing it too ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Chrissy said...

Stunning Tracey..so many beautiful details to look at..gorgeous colouring and image..

Luv CHRISSYxx

lindyloo said...

Thank you for joining us at the crafty catz with your simply stunning card
lindyloo x

Janette said...

Hi Tracey, WOW, a stunningly gorgeous creation, love it all, it's just gorgeous, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

Faye said...

Wow, I can't believe this gorgeous, beautiful, stunning card came from my little sketch! Wow. Have a great weekend. xxx

Fluffles said...

STUNNING!!! The colours on your card are brilliant & the attention to detail fabulous, really love your card, Jx

Rebekah said...

This is stunning Tracey! I love the wonderful sweetpea and I'm always covering up my papers with embellies too! Hugs Rebekah oo thanks for playing at Divas too xx

Ann Whitfield said...

This is just STUNNING Tracey, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Tracey
A stunning and beautiful card love all the detail and colour's are fab thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Stunning Tracy! love the sense of depth you have achieved. gorgeous colours and a fab image
Lindsay xx

coops said...

wow!!! absolutely stunning card tracey.i love your deep colours and beautiful image and details ;D

xx coops xx

Sarah said...

Hi Tracey, wow this is just stunning! Love the colour scheme, image and all the embellies! Thank you for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

It's fabulous....it is absolutely stunning....it's more than a card project....it's a work of art. Thank you for sharing with us this week in the Catch the Bug challenge.

Amy said...

OMG!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! THANKS FOR JOINING BUGABOO AT CATCH THE BUG!!!

sandra's crafty corner said...

hi hun
OMG this is absolutely amazing, wowzers
thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges, good luck in the challenge and hope to see you again,
hugs sandra dt xxx

Simone said...

O my gosh, Tracey, what a gorgeous card! That´s amazing!!! That´s such a beautiful design, lovely details and the inside of the card is awesome too.
Simone

Anonymous said...

Oh wow this is really lovely, thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly, Andrea x

Ciska said...

Wow, stunning! I love your colouring and that you also decorated the inside of the card. Thanks for playing along with our Die Cut Challenge at Card Makin' Mamas! :)

downrightcrafty said...

totally gorgeous creation
Hugs Kate xx
ps good luck in my candy draw :)

Rae Anne said...

Tracey, there's nothing else for me to do but cry my head off that I don't possess .000001% of your talent! Your project simply takes my breath away! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's Anything Goes challenge with Bugaboo Stamps this week! :D MWAH!

Wendy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Tracey, love everything about it...thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Wendy xx

Claire said...

Wow what a beauty! gorgeous card Tracey. thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's challenge
Claire xx